Will there even be a season..?

Will there even be a season..?

Postby owlover79 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:33 pm

With all the water..will the courses recover in time to have a season?..as far as the EDC is concerned, many of there meets are held at Fargo courses and Fargo is getting hit pretty hard. Could it possible start late and run into the summer or would it be more likely to just cancel it all together?
owlover79
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Will there even be a season..?

Postby FN4GODEEP » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:54 am

well concerning fargo courses edgewood in north fargo and the fargo country club are flooded for sure. and rose creek has been torn up to create a dike for the city. So golf in fargo probably isnt happening. does anyone think its possible there could be just edc and state this year?
FN4GODEEP
NDPreps Rookie

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:41 pm

FN4GODEEP wrote:well concerning fargo courses edgewood in north fargo and the fargo country club are flooded for sure. and rose creek has been torn up to create a dike for the city. So golf in fargo probably isnt happening. does anyone think its possible there could be just edc and state this year?

Oxbow is partially under water also...well I'm sure the Wahpeton course went under, I'm sure that Grand Forks is going to have some issues this next week...so the whole eastern edge of the state is going to be down for golfing this season because of high waters
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby owlover79 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:10 am

to tell you the truth i dont believe Grand Forks courses will be affected other then the Country club...Kings walk should be fine...would it be possible to just play all the meets at say Kings walk or any other courses that are open....i know a lot of meets are supposed to be held in Fargo but why not just play them all at Kings walk if need be?
owlover79
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teetimefortwo » Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:44 pm

my opinion is that there will for sure be a season this year but a majority of the meets will have to be jammed into just a couple weeks. this would provide fewer time for some golfers in the eastern part of the state to become up to par in their game to be able to compete with some of the other golfers out west more in the state
teetimefortwo
NDPreps Reserve

Postby owlover79 » Sun Apr 12, 2009 5:22 pm

season=on
owlover79
NDPreps Reserve

Postby teetimefortwo » Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:44 pm

owlover79 wrote:season=on

the season may be on but there are still courses under water that are still unable to open which could possibly limit the courses to have meets at
teetimefortwo
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Golf