Team North Dakota

All teams in ND
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts maybe be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Team North Dakota

Postby ND Z Scout » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:47 pm

Just wondering who is all going out for Team ND and who you think the team will consist of?
ND Z Scout
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Team North Dakota

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 5:29 pm

I'm assuming, as with most years, that a majority of the talent from ND will either blow it off or look else where to go, and we will be underrepresented nationally. It's happened year in and year out.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Mar 09, 2009 6:42 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:I'm assuming, as with most years, that a majority of the talent from ND will either blow it off or look else where to go, and we will be underrepresented nationally. It's happened year in and year out.

Why is that?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:09 pm

Sioux4ever wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:I'm assuming, as with most years, that a majority of the talent from ND will either blow it off or look else where to go, and we will be underrepresented nationally. It's happened year in and year out.

Why is that?

Obviously I don't know exactly why. However, it is a trend and could involve many things. For example, school may become a priority for some as they realize they probably won't be able to live off hockey, social life may become more important, and other sports like Track certainly also cut away from numbers.

These are all examples as to why, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other reasons. Motivation is a key as well, though. The problem with ND is that we have far fewer people than most states, and our talent isn't nearly as deep as say, Minnesota or Massachusetts' talent is. We have equal and even better talent in areas, it's just we have fewer of these kids, and are hardly replaceable with our population.

We have something like 500 kids participating in Hockey, and this is from Varsity to JV hockey, where the talent from even player to player, to first lines of Varsity to third lines of Varsity vary drastically.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:06 pm

HockeyHigh wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:

Why is that?

Obviously I don't know exactly why. However, it is a trend and could involve many things. For example, school may become a priority for some as they realize they probably won't be able to live off hockey, social life may become more important, and other sports like Track certainly also cut away from numbers.

These are all examples as to why, and I'm sure there are hundreds of other reasons. Motivation is a key as well, though. The problem with ND is that we have far fewer people than most states, and our talent isn't nearly as deep as say, Minnesota or Massachusetts' talent is. We have equal and even better talent in areas, it's just we have fewer of these kids, and are hardly replaceable with our population.

We have something like 500 kids participating in Hockey, and this is from Varsity to JV hockey, where the talent from even player to player, to first lines of Varsity to third lines of Varsity vary drastically.

We have had teams in the past participate in the Chicago Showcase and fare quite well. The past couple of years have begun to see fewer of the top-end players from across the state end up trying out for Team North Dakota. I think we could agree that those reasons have always been there though, so why is it the last couple of years that has caused the players to decline the opportunity to play for Team North Dakota?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby DefenseFirst » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:49 pm

It is really tough to put out a good team when North Dakota's best players decide to go play in the USHL and NAHL instead of team north dakota but I really can't blame them for wanting to do that. Look at last year. Team ND would have been a very solid team if Galbreath, Ladoucer, and Meland would have stayed to play in it. Those are 3 very talented hockey players who are really playing well at the next level.
DefenseFirst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby SiouxYAYA » Fri Mar 13, 2009 9:48 am

DefenseFirst wrote:It is really tough to put out a good team when North Dakota's best players decide to go play in the USHL and NAHL instead of team north dakota but I really can't blame them for wanting to do that. Look at last year. Team ND would have been a very solid team if Galbreath, Ladoucer, and Meland would have stayed to play in it. Those are 3 very talented hockey players who are really playing well at the next level.

Galbreath did play in the showcase last year it was just Meland and LaDouceur who didn't.
SiouxYAYA
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fan4life » Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:22 pm

Anyone know how many or who is trying out this year?
fan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:04 pm

SiouxYAYA wrote:
DefenseFirst wrote:It is really tough to put out a good team when North Dakota's best players decide to go play in the USHL and NAHL instead of team north dakota but I really can't blame them for wanting to do that. Look at last year. Team ND would have been a very solid team if Galbreath, Ladoucer, and Meland would have stayed to play in it. Those are 3 very talented hockey players who are really playing well at the next level.

Galbreath did play in the showcase last year it was just Meland and LaDouceur who didn't.

1/3 isn't a good percent on top quality talent. If you're only getting 33% of the top players from North Dakota, you can hardly field a line and a goalie of competitive national talent.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby fan4life » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:13 am

Anyone know who or how many tried out this last weekend?
fan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sweeper » Mon Mar 16, 2009 2:05 pm

i heard that only 36 skaters and 3 goalies tried out this year, and only 5 or 6 were players from the east.
sweeper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fan4life » Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:09 am

I heard there were 32 plus the 3 goal tenders with no GF or Fargo players there. Were they all gone to Minnesota or is there just not the interest in going to the Showcase? Anyone know any additional info yet?
fan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:17 pm

fan4life wrote:I heard there were 32 plus the 3 goal tenders with no GF or Fargo players there. Were they all gone to Minnesota or is there just not the interest in going to the Showcase? Anyone know any additional info yet?

That's a really bad turnout. I'd expect more out of the East, but I'm assuming players that intend to move on have 'better' things to do, and those that aren't intending on moving on have no motivation to play.
I checked the date for local schools, Fargo South has prom that night, North has it the next weekend. Bad scheduling for the students?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hockey1346 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:35 pm

There was 3 Grand Forks players there Plutowski, Dziwulski from Central and Anderson from Red River. I do know that all three of these players made the team.
Hockey1346
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:38 pm

Who were the other 2 players from the East?
No Fargo kids is rather uncharacteristic of any team even with Prom. South take the Semi loss that hard?
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby Hockey1346 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:53 pm

The two other kids were from Devils lake not sure of there names though. I also heard that a bunch of the Red River kids are going to Mexico and that is the reason only one from there tried out. I had really thought that some of the Grafton kids would have tried out with there coach being the assistant coach of this years team.
Hockey1346
NDPreps Rookie

Postby sweeper » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:16 pm

The devils lake kids were freidig and roed. they both made the team
sweeper
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey4life » Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:38 pm

Does anyone know of any other players that made the team?
hockey4life
NDPreps Starter

Postby fan4life » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:15 am

The roster is posted on www.NDAHA.org. How do you think this year's team will do?
fan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hockey123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:37 am

i think they are decent some forward talent: richter anderson mindt and plutowski are all top quality forwards defense are a litle week besides bryce anderson and peterson the rest are alright
tenders both can have ups and down my opinoin what do you guys think? What are your opinions on the forwards, d, tenders?
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby nothinghappend » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:50 pm

could someone post the roster, i cant open it
nothinghappend

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:33 pm

1 Joel Otto G 5’11” 150 Dickinson High School
2 Jordan Kippen D 6’2” 190 Bottineau High School
3 Tyler Peterson D 6’0” 175 Bismarck High School
4 Kellen Tollefson D 5’11” 180 Minot High School
5 Jake Plutowski F 6’0” 185 Grand Forks Central
6 Tom Kornkven F 6’0” 175 Bottineau High School
7 Tyler Roed F 5’9” 155 Devils Lake High School
8 Kyle Stephens D 6’3” 175 Minot High School
9 Sheldon Kihle F 6’0” 165 Williston High School
10 Jake Axtman F 5’9” 165 Williston High School
11 Bryce Anderson D 5’7” 165 Grand Forks Red River
12 Brandon Megal F 6’2” 190 Bismarck Century
14 Brett Fiddler F 6’0” 175 Minot High School
15 Grant Mindt F 5’8” 160 Bismarck High School
16 Brett Dziwulski D 5’8” 140 Grand Forks Central
17 Tyler Richter F 5’10” 145 Bismarck High School
18 Patrick Anderson F 6’0” 165 Bismarck High School
19 Riley Olson F 6’5” 200 Hazen/Beulah
20 Erick Paiement F 5’8” 160 Jamestown High School
35 Chase Freidig G 5’11” 240 Devils Lake High School
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Mar 23, 2009 5:36 pm

I follow nd hs hockey pretty closely and i have no clue who about half of these kids are
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Postby hockey123 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:21 pm

who do you know then cuz ive herd of just about all of them
hockey123
NDPreps Reserve

Postby the_truth_hurts » Mon Mar 23, 2009 6:43 pm

hockey123 wrote:who do you know then cuz ive herd of just about all of them

i guess i shouldnt say half but i havent heard of kippen, plutowski, tollefson, kornkven, Roed, Dziwulski or freidig
the_truth_hurts
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Hockey