Babe Ruth 09 season

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Babe Ruth 09 season

Postby Linebacker48 » Thu Feb 26, 2009 10:05 am

i will definitely say west fargo is the team to beat but i've seen it alot of times in sports that a team is just dominating and when they play somebody they should beat they don't show up to play, but with saying that west fargo definitely has a great ball club and alot of great ball players for someone to beat them this year theyre going to have to commit as little errors as possible................i believe in the east region 3rd place game fargo started joe hallock
northdakotasports07 wrote:
Linebacker48 wrote:o and i forgot fargo has one pitcher joe hallock he throws pretty hard for bout an inning or two then his arm gets tired so saying fargo has deep pitching is a joke

are you serious? Joe Hallock is Fargo's closer. that would explain him throwing hard for an inning or two.(exactly what you want in a closer) Fargo has at least 3 solid starting pitchers (Salentine, Beach, and Carrol) so idk how you can say thats a joke. If any of these pitchers gets into trouble they have quite a few more kids who can help out. we'll see what happens when fargo plays whapeton this year.
Linebacker48
NDPreps Reserve

Postby northdakotasports07 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:11 pm

Linebacker48 wrote:i will definitely say west fargo is the team to beat but i've seen it alot of times in sports that a team is just dominating and when they play somebody they should beat they don't show up to play, but with saying that west fargo definitely has a great ball club and alot of great ball players for someone to beat them this year theyre going to have to commit as little errors as possible................i believe in the east region 3rd place game fargo started joe hallock
northdakotasports07 wrote:
Linebacker48 wrote:o and i forgot fargo has one pitcher joe hallock he throws pretty hard for bout an inning or two then his arm gets tired so saying fargo has deep pitching is a joke

are you serious? Joe Hallock is Fargo's closer. that would explain him throwing hard for an inning or two.(exactly what you want in a closer) Fargo has at least 3 solid starting pitchers (Salentine, Beach, and Carrol) so idk how you can say thats a joke. If any of these pitchers gets into trouble they have quite a few more kids who can help out. we'll see what happens when fargo plays whapeton this year.

ya thats not the case this year. fargo has more depth this year and hallock will be the closer.
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HOF » Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:24 am

I heard there are about 20 ball players trying out this year for fargos 15 year olds. and 30 for the 14 year olds.
HOF
NDPreps Rookie

Postby unocinco » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:19 am

I think you guys are all forgetting about the devils lake 15 year old team they have a heck of a shot at winning it this year.
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:51 pm

hahahaha devils lake better hope to get into state first
LOVE ME SEXY:P
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotasports07 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 pm

ha ya i definately agree wiht gunslinger. devils lake hasnt showed anything in the state tournament. and obviously you are a kid on the team judging by ur picture. i wouldnt bring anything up until you prove something in state. i dont know if anyone has heard of devils lake's "star players". we will see what happens
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MowingEmDown » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:02 pm

I think the Casselton team will be pretty darn good this year. With some young stars coming up this year as in Mitch Scheer , Ellery Bresnahan , Garrett Ebach , Ross Radermacher , Chad Rehovsky , and Martin Ausk. To go with some good returning players as John Baumgarten , Josh Roeslor , and Ben Sundquist. This Casselton team has the make up of the 2007 State Champioship team who was coached by the teams current coach Brent Nelson. I think this team has the talent to make it and win the state tournament.
MowingEmDown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby MowingEmDown » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:31 pm

Where is the State Class B tournament this year??????
MowingEmDown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 112233 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 10:31 am

Grand Forks will win state this year for 15 year olds, 14 year olds, and 13 year olds.
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 11:35 am

If gage salquist isnt playing for the 15 year old grand forks team they have no chance hes there only good pitcher and even with him they have a tough time beating teams.
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby northdakotasports07 » Wed May 06, 2009 6:19 pm

gunslinger13 wrote:If gage salquist isnt playing for the 15 year old grand forks team they have no chance hes there only good pitcher and even with him they have a tough time beating teams.

grand forks has no chance in 15 year olds. they will end up in 5th place at the highest in state.
northdakotasports07
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wfcenterfielder2 » Wed May 13, 2009 1:00 pm

okay dude like fargo has a chance against bismarck yeah they are good but i doubt they could crush zorn and wf has always crushed fargo so i doubt wf losing to fargo will happen anytime soon
wfcenterfielder2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 112233 » Thu May 14, 2009 2:45 pm

yea no way grand forks will take 5th. It will be WF and GF in the championship and GF will win it all
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wfcenterfielder2 » Sat May 16, 2009 11:41 pm

yeah rite Gf doesnt even have a team dude all their good players are playing legion ball man so no gf will not be in championship it will be WF and Bismarck like it has been for the last 3 years
wfcenterfielder2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby MowingEmDown » Sun May 17, 2009 12:33 pm

Hey how about Casselton and West Fargo being in the tournament in Omaha,Nebraska June 13-15? What type of shot do you think they have there?
MowingEmDown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gunslinger13 » Tue May 19, 2009 7:02 pm

West fargo should do prty good they have a chance at finishing high but i dont think casselton will win one game
gunslinger13
NDPreps Starter

Postby MowingEmDown » Sat May 23, 2009 10:15 pm

I think the same about West Fargo but I think Casselton will win at least 1 game down there if not 2
MowingEmDown
NDPreps Reserve

Postby wfcenterfielder2 » Tue May 26, 2009 12:54 pm

i dont know about casselton in omaha but west fargo has won 3 or 4 games down there for the past 3 years now so they have a pretty good shot down there
wfcenterfielder2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby whateverittakes » Tue May 26, 2009 4:40 pm

wfcenterfielder2 wrote:i dont know about casselton in omaha but west fargo has won 3 or 4 games down there for the past 3 years now so they have a pretty good shot down there

Fargo's Brady Jordahl Did Not Try Out For Travel Team This Year So That Should Hurt
whateverittakes
NDPreps Starter

Postby HOF » Fri Jun 05, 2009 2:13 am

with hallock & salentine now playing legion hows this going to hurt fargo? they lost their best defensive player and hardest throwing pitcher. who do they have to replace these top guns?
HOF
NDPreps Rookie

Postby BaseballStud1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:36 pm

they have no one. west fargo's gonna take the state title again. no big surprise there since they've won it the past 5 years. and i cant remember the last time fargo or grand forks have beaten wf so i wouldnt start talking about it until you can show it on the field. you guys are all talk the wf 15'S arent gonna be beat there to strong in all the categories
BaseballStud1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BaseballStud1 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:39 pm

and by the way wf has rocked gage salquist the last three times he has pitched against them. he is one of the most overrated pitchers in the league. and fargo hasnt thrown anyone thats shut that wf team out either. theres no team in north dakota who has a pitcher who will completely shut down that team. even zorn. they pounded out 11 hits? 7 runs? hes a really good pitcher dont get me wrong but not good enough. and wf played in the championship game 2 years ago in omaha. and last year they were right up there as well so you can expect them to be right up near the top this year
BaseballStud1
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HOF » Tue Jun 09, 2009 11:57 pm

look here baseball stud first of all, we all know that wf is the team to beat so drop it. second all i asked was who does fargo have to replace hallock and salentine. oh and by the way WE ALL KNOW HOW GOOD WF IS so please stop telling us cause to be honest its getting old. now with that said here's a new question, with everyone knowing that WF is the team to beat, who will meet them in the state championship?
HOF
NDPreps Rookie

Postby greatbambino » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:37 am

HOF wrote:look here baseball stud first of all, we all know that wf is the team to beat so drop it. second all i asked was who does fargo have to replace hallock and salentine. oh and by the way WE ALL KNOW HOW GOOD WF IS so please stop telling us cause to be honest its getting old. now with that said here's a new question, with everyone knowing that WF is the team to beat, who will meet them in the state championship?

yawn, babe ruth baseball. so much can change from the time theyre 15 to the time theyre 18. are any of the 15 year olds from wf playing for the aces this year? if anybody in wf had a clue, they would bring some of those kids up to play so they can actually get better because they sure arent going to get a whole lot better playing babe ruth.
greatbambino
NDPreps Starter

Postby JR » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:33 am

greatbambino wrote:
HOF wrote:look here baseball stud first of all, we all know that wf is the team to beat so drop it. second all i asked was who does fargo have to replace hallock and salentine. oh and by the way WE ALL KNOW HOW GOOD WF IS so please stop telling us cause to be honest its getting old. now with that said here's a new question, with everyone knowing that WF is the team to beat, who will meet them in the state championship?

yawn, babe ruth baseball. so much can change from the time theyre 15 to the time theyre 18. are any of the 15 year olds from wf playing for the aces this year? if anybody in wf had a clue, they would bring some of those kids up to play so they can actually get better because they sure arent going to get a whole lot better playing babe ruth.

What you are not getting is that the people in West Fargo have a clue. The competition that these kids are going to be getting from the teams that they play at the Babe Ruth level is better than the competition they could be playing at the Aces level except for maybe...Maybe some tournaments. The 15 y.o. team is playing in Omaha Tourney, Minnesota and various others where the cometition they will be playing is very good competition. Also when you get to the regionals and especially if they happen to make it to the WS the competition is better than what they would get at any point in the Aces season. The people at WF are very smart IMO because they are BUILDING a program. If they moved up 6-7 of these kids up to the Aces then the people that would play and improve this year during the aces season would not be playing baseball... compared to if they play 15's this year.. the not as talented kids on the aces and even on the 15 yo travel team will get better playing this year and have more confidence with having a high level of success. Then next year some of these kids will bypass Aces and start on the Patriots team which will def. be a better situation than playing Aces a year early then playing Patriots next year. If you look at all of the great programs in North Dakota I.E. Bismarck and Minot they DO NOT move players to the Class 'B' legion team, if good enough they move Freshman up to Class 'A' but not to 'B'.

For example... The minot team which could compare to these kids with the likes of Hornecker, Elgie, Anderson, Houston and those guys did not move up to play class 'B', but I am pretty sure all of those guys went straight from 15 year old up to Legion 'A' keeping the program strong at all levels. Another example would be the team with Zach Wentz from Bismarck did not move up either.
"Contact Is King"
JR
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball