Talent Drop?

throughout the state

Talent Drop?

Postby hockeystar11 » Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:49 pm

Doesn't anyone else think that the talent in the Jr. Gold level is going down? Over the past 3-4 years it seems like the kids are not as good as what they use to be.
hockeystar11

Re: Talent Drop?

Postby PondHockey14 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:00 am

how can you say that... i would like to see this years flyer team take on the stallions of flames of a few years ago. That would be a great game
PondHockey14

Postby I_Like_Hockey » Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:53 pm

You have to understand that the GForks team and the Flames and all the teams out west and Langdon, lost alot of kids. The Flyer program is new only three years old, so they had a young team when they started up. I think I can count on my one hand how many wins the Flyers had the first year. The flyers only really lost one really good player from Last years team. So I think all the teams except for the Flyers have lots of rebuilding going on this year. If you look at the book from last years state turney in Sidney lots of seniors left last years teams from around the state, and all good players, so almost all the older teams that have been around are in a rebuliding year, its one big cycle, next year it will be a different team and so on. Just my view
I_Like_Hockey

Postby Guest » Wed Jan 28, 2009 3:26 am

The talent level overall has dropped in the last year or so - (not saying there isn't some out there). There are teams that are struggling this year that usually have a strong team. If this keeps up, what will happen to the league?

Postby ZZZ » Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:52 pm

Guest wrote:The talent level overall has dropped in the last year or so - (not saying there isn't some out there). There are teams that are struggling this year that usually have a strong team. If this keeps up, what will happen to the league?

The talent has not dropped....some teams have paid there dues with consistent coaching, players ( sidney , mayville, rugby) some teams are in a rebuilding year. Most of the players play a spring sport and are just as successful. You guys always seem to focus on Fargo and Grandforks...you need to look at those smaller towns, they have alot of talented athletes...watford in football, rugby in track.
ZZZ

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:37 am

I am from a small town & am speaking overall.
Have been involved with NDAHA for a long time. Have watched 1st hand for the last 4 years of JR. Gold. There is not the level now that there was 2 years ago.

Postby viewer » Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:13 am

some say no talent or is it the players are playing the game ...passing , less penalties ( some teams), so when seeing all the players play as the game should be played , it is hard to see ' the talent'. when watching the games a few years back all you would see is some one rushing the puck, never passing.kids are not afraid to check today, mix it up . a few years back they appeared scared , not to mention out of shape.
viewer

Postby JGFan » Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:36 pm

I_Like_Hockey wrote:The Flyer program is new only three years old, so they had a young team when they started up. I think I can count on my one hand how many wins the Flyers had the first year. The flyers only really lost one really good player from Last years team.

the Flyers lost 8 of their top 10 scorers (including 3 time captain- team leader), plus 3 of 4 top defense, plus both goalies. To say they lost 1 important guy is not correct. they have a larger pool of replacement options to draw from, but they lost a TON.

The Flyers first year was tough: 0-18 in league play, won 1 league game vs GF Gold in playoffs after a group of Gold players were kicked off team for final game. They won 5 games that year total.
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Guest » Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:34 pm

viewer wrote:some say no talent or is it the players are playing the game ...passing , less penalties ( some teams), so when seeing all the players play as the game should be played , it is hard to see ' the talent'. when watching the games a few years back all you would see is some one rushing the puck, never passing.kids are not afraid to check today, mix it up . a few years back they appeared scared , not to mention out of shape.

Wow...don't know who you have been watching!!

Postby zzz » Fri Jan 30, 2009 9:04 pm

flyers/mayville
zzz

Postby fargohockey1093 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 12:28 pm

junior gold talent was never good. it is for people who couldnt make high school. the only team that is good is the flyers cus south isnt cutting sophmores or freshmen so some good players are getting cut
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby dcs01 » Tue Feb 03, 2009 7:52 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:junior gold talent was never good. it is for people who couldnt make high school. the only team that is good is the flyers cus south isnt cutting sophmores or freshmen so some good players are getting cut

That's not true at all. Langdon has had solid teams for awhile now. The difference between small towns and big towns is the coaching and opportunities to play at a higher level. almost every coach from Langdon has never even played hockey it's simply someones parent that wants their kid to have fun and play the game. We never had the opportunity to play peewee a or bantam a but if we did im pretty sure we would have done just as good as any other team.
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:02 pm

dcs01 wrote:
fargohockey1093 wrote:junior gold talent was never good. it is for people who couldnt make high school. the only team that is good is the flyers cus south isnt cutting sophmores or freshmen so some good players are getting cut

That's not true at all. Langdon has had solid teams for awhile now. The difference between small towns and big towns is the coaching and opportunities to play at a higher level. almost every coach from Langdon has never even played hockey it's simply someones parent that wants their kid to have fun and play the game. We never had the opportunity to play peewee a or bantam a but if we did im pretty sure we would have done just as good as any other team.

Then move somewhere else. Its not everyone elses fault that you cant get decent coaches. What if What if What if....
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby fargohockey1093 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:54 pm

dcs01 wrote:

well if thats the problem change it. dont tell everyone else about your problems coulda woulda shoulda do it
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby fargohockey1093 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:19 pm

sadly i must also agree
fargohockey1093
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndhockey2 » Thu Feb 05, 2009 4:36 pm

-Post edited by Hockeyhigh-
ndhockey2
NDPreps Rookie

Postby HockeyHigh » Thu Feb 05, 2009 9:19 pm

Discussions like this aren't suitable for these forums. Hooey14 is not who you thought it was ndhockey2, and the users behavior on these forums won't be tolerated.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby dcs01 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:09 pm

fargohockey1093 wrote:
dcs01 wrote:

well if thats the problem change it. dont tell everyone else about your problems coulda woulda shoulda do it

hahaha we werent the ones complaining were perfectly content with beating you even without a coach
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fan4life » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:05 pm

Now that the season is done, is there still the feeling that the overall talent is down?
What are the predictions for next year - will it still be?
fan4life
NDPreps Reserve

Return to NDAHA