5 Year old golfer

5 Year old golfer

Postby Hawks » Wed May 28, 2008 7:58 am

Have you guys seen the video of this 5 year old golfer from Glen Ullin that was featured on KXMB last week? www.gehriggeiss.com there is a bunch of video on the sight that is posted to youtube as well. This kid looks legit, for a 5 years old.
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Re: 5 Year old golfer

Postby tellmeaboutit » Wed May 28, 2008 5:20 pm

The kid's dad is the girls basketball coach at Glen Ullin/Hebron. Gehrig is quite the golfer....wish my swing was as easy as his.
You have to hate losing more than I love winning.
tellmeaboutit
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hawks » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:40 am

I was told this weekend that Gehrig will be featured in the Bismarck Tribune in the next week. I see on the website that Gehrig is playing in a 9 and under tourney in dix this week, should be interesting.
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:32 pm

the dad was a high school teammate of mine, and my father plays golf with him all the time. This is a true case of a dad letting his kid enjoy the game and not some psycho dad trying to turn his kid into tiger woods. My dad has been telling me stories about chris and his kid for years. I guess this kid golfs until he is forced to come inside. Otherwise he would golf from day to night. Pretty cool story.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Hawks » Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:12 am

just got email of the new site www.gehriggeiss.com there is some ridiculous video of him. I also see he has a clothing sponsor. WOW!
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Knight55 » Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:55 am

to be honest...this is a kid with a good swing getting WAY to much publicity....yes he can hit a golf ball, makes a few putts (from what we see his dad films) on a HORRIBLE golf course.Golf is mental. Hes 5nd has no care of what he makes on a hole. Try COMPETING, its a different story. I just don't think these videos make him a prodigy, he's just a 5 year old with a good seing for his age and a dad who wants publicity for his son.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hawks » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:24 am

from the dickinson press . . .

Gehrig Geiss is REALLY good

I've been meaning to post this for a while but just haven't had a lot of time as you might imagine.

Five-year-old Gehrig Geiss of Glen Ullin made semi-national news last summer when it was learned that he's quite the little golfer.

Now, Geiss is getting an opportunity most golfers in the world can only dream of. And he's going to get the chance between his kindergarten and first grade years.

Geiss has earned a spot in the Callaway Junior World Golf Tournament at Torrey Pines in San Diego. Last year, he competed in the Minnesota World Championship qualifier and finished third in his age group. He was the youngest there.

The Callaway Junior World Golf Tournament is the biggest junior tournament in the world and anticipates more than 1,200 golfers in six age divisions. Giess' 6-and-under age group will golf 54 holes over three days. Last year's 6-and-under champ was Yuki Takeuchi of Tokyo, who shot a 5-over par.

Keep in mind, this is the same junior tournament that several pros grew up competing in. And by pros, I mean Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and Ernie Els. Woods won six titles in different divisions.

If you want to see Gehrig in action, check out his Web site, www.gehriggeiss.com.

Posted by: monke on 1.23.2009 at 6:20 PM
Hawks
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Feb 14, 2009 2:28 pm

Knight55 wrote:to be honest...this is a kid with a good swing getting WAY to much publicity....yes he can hit a golf ball, makes a few putts (from what we see his dad films) on a HORRIBLE golf course.Golf is mental. Hes 5nd has no care of what he makes on a hole. Try COMPETING, its a different story. I just don't think these videos make him a prodigy, he's just a 5 year old with a good seing for his age and a dad who wants publicity for his son.

Horrible golf course? Find me one as nice in a community of a few hundred? Also, he does compete. He beat kids 3 years older than he has. That's why he qualified in a major tourny. Pretty difficult to COMPETE sooner than 5 years old not? As far as publicity seeking, I beg to differ. I know dad personally and myself and others have seen the kid play as well as compete. I'd bet money you can't beat him by 18 strokes in 9 holes(2 strokes a hole to a 5 year old). You sound like a jealous person, who has gone through your whole life pointing fingers and blaming others on why you never accomplished anything.
bigpoppakdog

Return to Golf