Best practice partners

Best practice partners

Postby dakotakid » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:23 am

who do you think are the best practice partners. lets face it.... your only as good as your partner makes you if you wrestle a fish in practice you won't be able to go with a good kid for 6 mins. any thoughts?
dakotakid
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Best practice partners

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:53 pm

STUPIDEST SUBJECT EVER!!!

Then don't post in it.
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby dakotakid » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:08 am

hey why dont you acctually put some thought into it?? if you look at all the really good wrestlers they have another good kid in the room to push them. i mean look at weigel and gross, they make each other better so i was just getting a topic going for sport so unless you got something better don't bash it because you can't think of anyone
dakotakid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndsportsfan14 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 7:09 pm

dakotakid wrote:hey why dont you acctually put some thought into it?? if you look at all the really good wrestlers they have another good kid in the room to push them. i mean look at weigel and gross, they make each other better so i was just getting a topic going for sport so unless you got something better don't bash it because you can't think of anyone

Anyone can make anyone better
ndsportsfan14
NDPreps All-State

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:15 pm

if you have no one your weight to wrestle, it affects you.
if your wrestling partner is new or just not good, how do you get better if you win day after day with sloppy or basic moves.....how does that make you better? you can only do so much by running or conditioning? of course a better partner makes you better; and a bad partner doesn't help.
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby dakotakid » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:12 am

thank god someone on here knows what i'm saying. it was just a question to get a little talk going. and if you wrestle a stud in practice you get better because you learn what you can do against a good kid but if you are practicing with a guy that just learned the HEADLOCK...... you are gunna know how to stop the headlock. most good kids don't use that unless its his last chance so how you gunna be able to run with a good kid if all you've practiced is stopping the headlock?
dakotakid
NDPreps Reserve

Postby tweener » Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:58 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:
dakotakid wrote:hey why dont you acctually put some thought into it?? if you look at all the really good wrestlers they have another good kid in the room to push them. i mean look at weigel and gross, they make each other better so i was just getting a topic going for sport so unless you got something better don't bash it because you can't think of anyone

FALSE STATEMENT--Obviously you didnt wrestle or you werent very good.. Not an attack but fact! You tell me an individual wrestler that is a great wrestler without any competition in the wrestling room, to push him to the next level. Bismarck had Glasser, Tyler Johnson to name a couple of studs. Napolean has/had Weigel, McCleary, and a slug of others from the last couple years that were pushing each other. YOU NEED COMPETITION IN THE PRACTICE ROOM.
tweener
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Wombat » Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:13 pm

I don't really agree with Tweener. I agree that you need competition in the practice room, but competition can come from anyone as long as they are willing to give 100% all of the time. My freshman year in HS i came off of a 1-16 JV season and practiced every day with our varsity HWT and he ended up being the state runner-up. (I improved greatly as well) Then as a Senior I wrestled with a kid every day who had never wrestled varsity in his life, but was willing to go balls to the wall every day and we both improved quite a bit throughout the season. (we both won Ind. Region Titles)

So to answer the initial question-

Anyone who is willing to work their butt off every day.
Mitch Greenwood

Some people say I don't have a life. They are wrong. Sports are my life!!!
Wombat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigrigg » Tue Jan 20, 2009 1:12 pm

i would have to say the best practice partners in the state would be Grothman and McLain from Hillsburro
bigrigg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:33 pm

I would have to go with Nash and DiChristina from Red River. DiChristina was beaten in the wrestle off by Nash, when DiChristina was ranked #1 at 152 at the time. They make each other into great wrestlers.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby Big EZ » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:10 pm

ndsportsfan14 wrote:

hey man im sorry to say but not jst anyone can make anyone better from what i understand from what ur sayin is that a 103 kid would help a 285 kid get better which he wouldn't cuz all he would do is whomp up on that kid
Big EZ
NDPreps Reserve

Postby grappler15 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:44 am

brock krum and neil kienzle of st marys placed 4th and 2nd at the state tournament, should have been those two in the finals for 125
grappler15
NDPreps Rookie

Return to Wrestling