Who Will Be The Top Scorer In The State (09 Season)

Who Will Be The Top Scorer In The State (09 Season)

Postby bigballer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:48 am

I wanna know who everyone thinks will be the top scorer in the state next year?
my guess is someone in the east..
bigballer

Re: Who Will Be The Top Scorer In The State (09 Season)

Postby CR7 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:25 pm

Centurys strikers Jake Gartner and Nick Anderson. They worked well together at state and plus they will have a strong midfield behind them.
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby soccerislife5 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:14 am

Jake Gartner needs to play alot smarter if he would have a chance and nick anderson needs to trust people a lot more and not shoot so much then maybe he would be a top notch player
soccerislife5

Postby CR7 » Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:56 pm

looking at centurys squad coming in next season and the other WDA teams, century shouldnt have as much trouble scoring as they did this past season
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigballer » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:59 am

soccerislife5 wrote:Jake Gartner needs to play alot smarter if he would have a chance and nick anderson needs to trust people a lot more and not shoot so much then maybe he would be a top notch player
agreed. Nick wasn't really a team player (at least that's what it looked like). At least jake was a team player, although he was kind of all over the place.
bigballer

Postby Franktv » Mon Dec 15, 2008 1:38 pm

Nick Anderson will be a stud this coming year. He is a high quality player, and great scorer. He has potential to be the best next year.
Franktv
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ballingman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 6:10 pm

CR7 wrote:looking at centurys squad coming in next season and the other WDA teams, century shouldnt have as much trouble scoring as they did this past season

I disagree with this statement..I think century will have an even harder time scoring next year than this they did this year.I think their strong points are going to be their midfield led by brett kelly and mainly their defense, they have 2 all state defenders coming back, and in my opion the best goalie in the state.
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby CR7 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 7:17 pm

i agree they do, but other teams lost key players including keepers and defenders and are likely to be vulnerable. BHS will have a decent team though
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby blob » Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:21 pm

Josh Lapka

PLayed with club with him way back U14, 15, and maybe 16. Even back then he was getting awards at tourneys for excellent play. Probably should have taken my teammates all conference selection, or maybe even mine.
blob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ballingman » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:58 pm

blob wrote:Josh Lapka

PLayed with club with him way back U14, 15, and maybe 16. Even back then he was getting awards at tourneys for excellent play. Probably should have taken my teammates all conference selection, or maybe even mine.

Who does he plaly for?
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby gopherguy17 » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:48 pm

I would have to pick Matt Glagoza. He lead shanley to a state title and im pretty sure he was in the top three for scoring this season.
gopherguy17
NDPreps Rookie

Postby CR7 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:13 am

yeah probably top 3 in EDC tho
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goteam11 » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:31 pm

Franktv wrote:Nick Anderson will be a stud this coming year. He is a high quality player, and great scorer. He has potential to be the best next year.

nick anderson will not be the best next year. i know someone who doesnt play highschool soccer that is better than him so i dont believe that he will be the top scorer. just my opinion
goteam11
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ballingman » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:32 am

goteam11 wrote:
Franktv wrote:Nick Anderson will be a stud this coming year. He is a high quality player, and great scorer. He has potential to be the best next year.

nick anderson will not be the best next year. i know someone who doesnt play highschool soccer that is better than him so i dont believe that he will be the top scorer. just my opinion

I highly doubt anderson has the finishing ability to be the top scorer in the state next season...he doesnt play well with his team and his shot is inconsistent
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigballer » Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:40 am

Ballingman wrote:
goteam11 wrote:

I highly doubt anderson has the finishing ability to be the top scorer in the state next season...he doesnt play well with his team and his shot is inconsistent
yeah i don't think nick will be top scorer next year, compared to all the other forwards in the state..he has the least consistent shot of them all. He has a great shot, but he has no control over it. Also the fact that he isn't comfortable shooting with his right foot, that will cripple his scoring opportunities. He is a good player, but he isn't very versatile...
bigballer

Postby soccer09 » Mon Jan 12, 2009 10:59 pm

matt glogoza- tied for the lead for goals in the state at 18. granted thats counting 2 from the state tournament, but by far the top point getter and goal scorer out east. and if the guy who got 18 from mandan is gone, i dont see how glogoza doesn't get 17-24 again with a team that only lost 2 players from the championship game.
soccer09
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Mar 17, 2009 10:27 am

blob wrote:Josh Lapka

I don't think Lapka will be the top scorer. I am honestly not that impressed with him. He withdraws too far into the midfield and when he did get the ball this last season he tried to do too much by himself. Without Reberg, I think Lapka will have an average to slightly below-average season.

My picks for top scorer would Glogoza from the East, and Anderson/Gartner from Century or Fernandes from St. Mary's.

For the West picks, it all depends on where they play. I know Century rotates some of their players around to different positions, and St. Mary's is unpredictable with how they will play and where they will play Patrick Fernandes (either at Striker or Winger).
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Golf Balla » Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:43 am

Yeah i definately think matt glogoza will be the top in the east, him and ben fowler seem to work well together up top. I think glogoza could easily beat his last years scoring amount with no problem.

Josh lapka will be up there as well with a solid north team.
Golf Balla
NDPreps Reserve

Postby magicman_013 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:11 am

Well Red River doesn't look like it is going to very strong as a team next year but I think there will be a few kids that could be up there in stats for the east. Brock Dahl, Tyler Axtman, and Brady Sanner. These 3 will be juniors and will see a lot of Varsity time.
magicman_013
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Plays4keeps » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:08 pm

magicman_013 wrote:Well Red River doesn't look like it is going to very strong as a team next year but I think there will be a few kids that could be up there in stats for the east. Brock Dahl, Tyler Axtman, and Brady Sanner. These 3 will be juniors and will see a lot of Varsity time.

yes but they will still be the second best team in gf mostlikely behind central
Plays4keeps
NDPreps Starter

Postby dowork » Tue May 05, 2009 10:59 pm

Anderson wont even lead Century in scoring. Century scoring is gonna be all about a man child named BRETT KELLY, but he wont have to score much with marcis on d and frenzel at keeper. Mike Frenzel is like the Kobayashi of soccer balls. he just eats them up.
Oh baby i like it raw
dowork
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Who Will Be The Top Scorer In The State (09 Season)a

Postby runner10 » Thu May 07, 2009 10:42 am

I agree that frenzel will be the best in the state but sadly he won't have a defence to back him up! EDIT: Read the rules about bashing players, then post appropriately.
runner10

Postby knowitall007 » Sun May 10, 2009 5:53 pm

Red River will be a younger team next year with only 4 seniors i think, but they have a very strong under class that will lead the team. Central on the other hand lost a few big seniors but have a huge junior class that will come up big for them but the year after i can see Red River taking state.
knowitall007

Re: Who Will Be The Top Scorer In The State (09 Season)a

Postby Ballingman » Mon May 11, 2009 1:06 pm

runner10 wrote:I agree that frenzel will be the best in the state but sadly he won't have a defence to back him up! EDIT: Read the rules about bashing players, then post appropriately.

Century had the best defense in the league last year and will be even better next year with returning all staters david marcis and jake gartner coming back
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:41 am

Don't look past Bismarck High!

Patrick Fernandes (formerly of SMCHS) has officially transferred to BHS. I am not sure if he has to sit out or not, or if they are going to find a loop hole, but BHS has a stellar attack.

Binegar, Tardiff, Fernandes, plus 2 brothers (not sure the names but they aren't from the USA and moved here last year with their family I think).
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Return to Soccer