Best defender in the West?

Best defender in the West?

Postby Ballingman » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:13 pm

David Marcis is a class act, he was all-state this year as a junior and he i believe he will be the best defender in the west next season
Last edited by Ballingman on Thu Dec 18, 2008 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
4 A.M we ran a miracle mile
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best defender in the West?

Postby aaronrules » Mon Dec 01, 2008 2:07 pm

marcis will anchor the patriot d next year no doubt...they have a lot of talent coming back and should be a big force in the west...the loss of pomonis and haddis will hurt though
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:26 am

Bartsch is a decent defender.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby aaronrules » Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:49 am

formersoccerplayer wrote:Bartsch is a decent defender.

who does he play for?
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:56 pm

Ballingman wrote:David Marcis is a class act, he was all-state this year as a junior and he will be an all-around all star as a senior

David Marcis can be counted on for his aggresive style of play and determination to play the game. Marcis, along with Jake Gartner, Brett Kelly, and Nate Gustin, will be the backbone of CHS soccer in '09.
Last edited by John Cena on Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccerislife5 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:57 pm

David would be nothing without the help from Michael Frenzel
soccerislife5

Postby John Cena » Thu Dec 11, 2008 8:52 am

soccerislife5 wrote:David would be nothing without the help from Michael Frenzel

Frenzel would be nothing without David either.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby aaronrules » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:54 pm

John Cena wrote:
soccerislife5 wrote:David would be nothing without the help from Michael Frenzel

I would have to agree..it goes both ways...neither one would be as good without the other
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:15 pm

aaronrules wrote:
John Cena wrote:

I would have to agree..it goes both ways...neither one would be as good without the other

Yea thanks for the support buddy. David has to be a top contender, no questions asked.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby soccerislife5 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:03 pm

I feel that even if Frenzel did have an all star defender like david in front of him he would be just as good if not better. I heard a rumor that he already committed to U of Mary? is that true
soccerislife5

Postby Ballingman » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:40 pm

soccerislife5 wrote:I feel that even if Frenzel did have an all star defender like david in front of him he would be just as good if not better. I heard a rumor that he already committed to U of Mary? is that true

Yeah hes already commited to u mary...but any decent soccer can go to mary but frenzels still top notch
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby october23sp » Thu Dec 11, 2008 11:16 pm

Marcis is to Century as what LeBron James is to the Cavs.
october23sp
NDPreps Starter

Postby ljc16soccer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:28 am

Yes, but Minot has a very sound defense also. With a first time kepper, and a young defense, they will come on strong in the years to follow.
ljc16soccer

Postby ljc16soccer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:30 am

october23sp wrote:Marcis is to Century as what LeBron James is to the Cavs.

I highly disagree with that statement.
ljc16soccer

Postby bigballer » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:38 am

Century's defense was the strongest its ever been this year. They had Lucas Nuemann & David Marcis who, in my opinion, were the best defenders in the west. Although their offenses might be a little iffy next year (with the loss of Haddis & Pomonis), i think their defense will hold strong. Marcis should be able to hold down the defense throughout the season.
bigballer

Postby John Cena » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:41 am

bigballer wrote:Century's defense was the strongest its ever been this year. They had Lucas Nuemann & David Marcis who, in my opinion, were the best defenders in the west. Although their offenses might be a little iffy next year (with the loss of Haddis & Pomonis), i think their defense will hold strong. Marcis should be able to hold down the defense throughout the season.

bigballer is ballin this straigh 'up truth. Century didn't play to their full potential this last season. But next year with Marcis things will go good. The loss of Haddis and Pomonis could be very detrimental to the Patriots.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby aaronrules » Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:18 pm

John Cena wrote:
bigballer wrote:Century's defense was the strongest its ever been this year. They had Lucas Nuemann & David Marcis who, in my opinion, were the best defenders in the west. Although their offenses might be a little iffy next year (with the loss of Haddis & Pomonis), i think their defense will hold strong. Marcis should be able to hold down the defense throughout the season.

bigballer is ballin this straigh 'up truth. Century didn't play to their full potential this last season. But next year with Marcis things will go good. The loss of Haddis and Pomonis could be very detrimental to the Patriots.

pomonis and yonas will be hard to replace but they will still return gartner, peter horner, and lets not forget brett kelly
aaronrules
NDPreps Starter

Postby CR7 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:28 pm

It will be interesting to see who is place where during the season
Last edited by CR7 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CR7 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 6:12 pm

BHS will have Shane kuntz in back and even St. Marys will have jordan bartsch
Last edited by CR7 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby John Cena » Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:51 pm

CR7 wrote:
aaronrules wrote:
John Cena wrote:

pomonis and yonas will be hard to replace but they will still return gartner, peter horner, and lets not forget brett kelly

Lucas Nuemann was not one of the best. he didnt start many games. plus there is Shane "Pudge" Kuntz from BHS who is more dominate than the two. Jake Gartner will mostly likely start in back next year and will be the "backbone" of the century defense. And as for peter horner, he will be lucky to start next year.

Let's get a few thing straight. With the loss of Pomonis and Haddis, Jake Gartner will be a stricker most likely. Jake Gartner will excell to the top scorer at Century if he plays just as much as Nick Anderson, who was the best junior striker,(only cause he played as a stirker more than any juniors). Horner's natural talent will start him and he will be a major force. Gartner and Marcis would be good defender's, but Gartner is need up front 'cause Marcis has enough talent to handle things.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby CR7 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:21 pm

Well said! Century's gonna have a strong side being that they have such versatile players who can play just about anywhere you put them on the field
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby CR7 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:35 pm

. Jakes better off in back because with his speed he cant be beaten. speed is good for him up top too, but one skilled defender (marcis) wont be enough. century will need gartner in back
Last edited by CR7 on Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CR7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ballingman » Sun Dec 14, 2008 3:45 pm

CR7 wrote:Nick played as an outside winger (midfielder) during the year. Jakes better off in back because with his speed he cant be beaten. speed is good for him up top too, but one skilled defender (marcis) wont be enough. century will need gartner in back

I would be very surprised to see garner in the back next season...its true one defender isnt enough, but they'll have tom keller and nate gustin to fill some defensive rolls next season.alon with jordan spurley
Ballingman
NDPreps Starter

Postby John Cena » Mon Dec 15, 2008 4:37 pm

Ballingman wrote:
CR7 wrote:Nick played as an outside winger (midfielder) during the year. Jakes better off in back because with his speed he cant be beaten. speed is good for him up top too, but one skilled defender (marcis) wont be enough. century will need gartner in back

I would be very surprised to see garner in the back next season...its true one defender isnt enough, but they'll have tom keller and nate gustin to fill some defensive rolls next season.alon with jordan spurley

Regardless, Marcis has proven himself the best defender in the state and Gartner will be controlling game up front, with his sidekick Nick Anderson.
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby ljc16soccer » Tue Dec 16, 2008 10:44 am

Minot has had a very sound defense this past year. Although they are young, they will be hard to beat in the years to come.
ljc16soccer

Next

Return to Soccer