McCain or Obama????? The question of a decade.

All other topics other than sports related.

Re: McCain or Obama????? The question of a decade.

Postby fbballa » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:22 pm

Serious Question: Balla45 how can you believe Obama? He says he will cut taxes for 95% of the middle-class, but didn't in Illinois like he said he would. He has never took on his party. He has never proposed a bill in the Senate, I believe that's what they said. That doesn't sound like characteristics of a leader.

Honestly practically maybe even everything he says is what he thinks the media/naive people want to hear.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbballa » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:31 pm

balla45 wrote:
fbballa wrote:What is everyone's take on Obama's relationship with Ayers and then sitting in on Wright's sermons for I believe 20 years?

I know a lot of media are defending Obama, as expected, by saying this shouldn't be a guilty by association presidential race, but, I mean seriously, how do you sit in on Wright's anti-America sermons for 20 years, and sit in the same living room as a domestic terrorist, that is just unacceptable and makes it all the more scary if he takes office.

We also must look at the fact that BOB's life has been scrutinized to the maximum, while all we hear about JM is that he was a POW. How do you guys feel about him divorcing his wife when she got cancer, and marrying a rich woman?

I believe McCain addressed and said that was the biggest moral failure in his life, not justifying him from his mistake, not saying that I would believe Obama actually meant it if he said he made a mistake sitting in on Jerimiah Wright's anti-America, anti-Caucasian sermons and having connections with Ayers.

I am probably biased on this one when I say I really believe McCain means it when he says that he is sorry and was wrong, but I don't care if you agree with Obama on whatever, I do not believe he or anyone can justify what he did at all. Honestly I believe he is a fake. Putting Obama in charge of this country along with the democratic senate is SCARY.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:40 pm

ballernation wrote:
balla45 wrote:
fbballa wrote:What is everyone's take on Obama's relationship with Ayers and then sitting in on Wright's sermons for I believe 20 years?

I know a lot of media are defending Obama, as expected, by saying this shouldn't be a guilty by association presidential race, but, I mean seriously, how do you sit in on Wright's anti-America sermons for 20 years, and sit in the same living room as a domestic terrorist, that is just unacceptable and makes it all the more scary if he takes office.

We also must look at the fact that BOB's life has been scrutinized to the maximum, while all we hear about JM is that he was a POW. How do you guys feel about him divorcing his wife when she got cancer, and marrying a rich woman?

huh, interesting, never heard that... but baracks preacher, is out of his gourd, to the extreme, and barack went to that church for 20+!!!! he also consorted with a known terrorist, both to me are worse then what you say about mccain.. and dont minimize mccain being a pow, he was treated very brutally, so yaa i understand how that may get annoying to a democrat, but it does mean somehting i think.. if barack wasnt associated with bill ayers, and that crazy preacher, he would be pretty stand up in my book.

Oh, it was heroic of Mccain that he chose not to leave, and I'm not arguing that, I just think it is a little too played out. He talks about it every time he speaks. I want to know more about Mccain as a father, a husband, a family man, etc. Right now, all I know about him is that he was a POW who got rid of his wife.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:49 pm

fbballa wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I believe McCain addressed and said that was the biggest moral failure in his life, not justifying him from his mistake, not saying that I would believe Obama actually meant it if he said he made a mistake sitting in on Jerimiah Wright's anti-America, anti-Caucasian sermons and having connections with Ayers.

I am probably biased on this one when I say I really believe McCain means it when he says that he is sorry and was wrong, but I don't care if you agree with Obama on whatever, I do not believe he or anyone can justify what he did at all. Honestly I believe he is a fake. Putting Obama in charge of this country along with the democratic senate is SCARY.

It goes both ways though. Mccain getting rid of his wife when she is sick and finding a new one is just as bad as Obama sitting in on sermoms of a "racist" preacher.

I really don't like Mccain for one thing, and I hate his ideas on foreign policy. Add to this that I think Palin is a complete idiot, and I don't think they are a good fit. I like Obama's answers on foreign policy and war, while I don't like most of the things that come out of Mccain's mouth.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby fbballa » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:02 pm

balla45 wrote:
fbballa wrote:
balla45 wrote:

It goes both ways though. Mccain getting rid of his wife when she is sick and finding a new one is just as bad as Obama sitting in on sermoms of a "racist" preacher.

I really don't like Mccain for one thing, and I hate his ideas on foreign policy. Add to this that I think Palin is a complete idiot, and I don't think they are a good fit. I like Obama's answers on foreign policy and war, while I don't like most of the things that come out of Mccain's mouth.

I would have to believe a person who has been at war would know more than an Obama who visits the Middle East and takes advice from VERY ACCOMPLISHED countries does. I agree with you on one thing- for the most part, yes, Obama would have better foreign relations with many other countries, but by no means all. And if that is the only real big thing you don't agree with McCain on, I would hope that McCain is your vote, but i see it isn't. Please explain.

I hope you know by the way that if you took a poll of the Armed Forces I can almost guarantee a large margin would say what we are doing in Iraq is good and we need to finish it off.

And why is Palin a "complete idiot"?
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ming01 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:09 pm

They're politicians, obviously they're going to be "beating around the bush." I don't personally agree 100% with any of the current candidates, but there's something about McCain. He actually has the experience... Obama's only been in the senate for 160 something (or around there) days, and most of those he spent campaigning.

Yeah, we're in a war, we're in Iraq... Bush mishandled the war, it happens... now were pretty much caught in a situation where we have to stay until we know for sure we can get out as soon as possible but as safely as possible. We have to do what's best for the troops and the region... if we leave now it's only going to make the conditions worse over there. And McCain knows that... Obama pretty much wants to get the troops out as quickly as possible, without knowing the consequences of that... there's something wrong with that. I don't know if I can trust Obama on foreign policy, back in the primary debates he said he wanted to get the troops out asap... back in June he said he wanted to keep the troops there if it were best for the troops and the region... now he's back to withdrawal plans... well, which is it?

McCain being a POW is not a qualification for president, but it does show that he has tremendous courage and chracter.

Obama does claim he will reduce taxes for 95% of Americans... that's not what his record indicates. He's voted 4 specific times to raise taxes on families making as little as $42K annually. Plus there's been other instances where he's voted to raise taxes. Do you really think he's going to cut taxes, esp. with a Democratic congress? Not a chance...

Honestly, esp. with the shape our economy is in, how is raising taxes going to help our economy? It won't... how is he going to cut taxes for 95% of Americans when he wants to raise the capital gains tax, social security taxes, death taxes, pay roll tax, also he wants to raise taxes on big companies, pretty much every tax there is... who's going to pay for this? US! The American ppl... Plus, he talks how he wants job growth and such but he wants taxes raised on buisnesses... buisnesses' are what creates jobs in the first place... Raising taxes will only kill job growth and create disincentives to work.

Sorry for the long rant, but I had to get it out...
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:16 pm

fbballa wrote:
balla45 wrote:
fbballa wrote:
balla45 wrote:

I would have to believe a person who has been at war would know more than an Obama who visits the Middle East and takes advice from VERY ACCOMPLISHED countries does. I agree with you on one thing- for the most part, yes, Obama would have better foreign relations with many other countries, but by no means all. And if that is the only real big thing you don't agree with McCain on, I would hope that McCain is your vote, but i see it isn't. Please explain.

I hope you know by the way that if you took a poll of the Armed Forces I can almost guarantee a large margin would say what we are doing in Iraq is good and we need to finish it off.

And why is Palin a "complete idiot"?

Obama gets my vote. I listened to their speeches and watched their debates and I don't like the stuff Mccain says. I will give more specific examples tomorrow when I have more time.

The Armed Forces would probably think that, but, they are not the only people involved.

I will show you some clips of her speaking.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:17 pm

Ming01 wrote:They're politicians, obviously they're going to be "beating around the bush." I don't personally agree 100% with any of the current candidates, but there's something about McCain. He actually has the experience... Obama's only been in the senate for 160 something (or around there) days, and most of those he spent campaigning.

Yeah, we're in a war, we're in Iraq... Bush mishandled the war, it happens... now were pretty much caught in a situation where we have to stay until we know for sure we can get out as soon as possible but as safely as possible. We have to do what's best for the troops and the region... if we leave now it's only going to make the conditions worse over there. And McCain knows that... Obama pretty much wants to get the troops out as quickly as possible, without knowing the consequences of that... there's something wrong with that. I don't know if I can trust Obama on foreign policy, back in the primary debates he said he wanted to get the troops out asap... back in June he said he wanted to keep the troops there if it were best for the troops... now he's back to withdrawal plans... well, which is it?

McCain being a POW is not a qualification for president, but it does show that he has tremendous courage and chracter.

Obama does claim he will reduce taxes for 95% of Americans... that's not what his record indicates. He's voted 4 specific times to raise taxes on families making as little as $42K annually. Plus there's been other instances where he's voted to raise taxes. Do you really think he's going to cut taxes, esp. with a Democratic congress? Not a chance...

Honestly, esp. with the shape our economy is in, how is raising taxes going to help our economy? It won't... how is he going to cut taxes for 95% of Americans when he wants to raise the capital gains tax, social security taxes, death taxes, pay roll tax, also he wants to raise taxes on big companies, pretty much every tax there is... who's going to pay for this? US! The American ppl... Plus, he talks how he wants job growth and such but he wants taxes raised on buisnesses... buisnesses' are what creates jobs in the first place... Raising taxes will only kill job growth and create disincentives to work.

Haha, I saw your facebook thing and was thinking about commenting. I will respond to this post tomorrow also.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:20 pm

balla45 wrote:
Ming01 wrote:They're politicians, obviously they're going to be "beating around the bush." I don't personally agree 100% with any of the current candidates, but there's something about McCain. He actually has the experience... Obama's only been in the senate for 160 something (or around there) days, and most of those he spent campaigning.

Yeah, we're in a war, we're in Iraq... Bush mishandled the war, it happens... now were pretty much caught in a situation where we have to stay until we know for sure we can get out as soon as possible but as safely as possible. We have to do what's best for the troops and the region... if we leave now it's only going to make the conditions worse over there. And McCain knows that... Obama pretty much wants to get the troops out as quickly as possible, without knowing the consequences of that... there's something wrong with that. I don't know if I can trust Obama on foreign policy, back in the primary debates he said he wanted to get the troops out asap... back in June he said he wanted to keep the troops there if it were best for the troops... now he's back to withdrawal plans... well, which is it?

Haha, I saw your facebook thing and was thinking about commenting. I will respond to this post tomorrow also.

fair enough... but yeah, i got a lot of comments on that... lol
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cornerback*22* » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:29 pm

balla45 wrote:
fbballa wrote:Ya, I did. I will just say right now I am now extremely for Mccain, and I believe Obama says what he thinks people want to hear, but barely ever anything that will work. Mccain is pro-life and that definitely sets him apart, i will never vote for a murderer. Mccain talks honest, and he is right when he says look at the records, Obama says that he will cut taxes for the middle-class, said he would for Illinois... did he do that? No, he won't do that for America either. I honestly can NOT trust him at all in office, and he won't cut spending when he passes these big bills that don't give back to us unlike Mccain. Obama wants to give financial help to the Soviet countries when we are in our own economic crisis, that is an example of him saying what he feels the audience wants to hear, once he says we need to fix our financial crisis and not be spending so much in other countries and then he feels that people want him to help these countries so much, so he says more than morale support to give them financial support, that hyprocritic. Obama won't go for the good of our country, but instead, just for his democratic party reputation. Mccain will go for the good of the country and communicate with everyone, not just republicans. Yes, on the War in Iraq, he is definitely stuck on the troop surge and a victory, he has his strong beliefs and STICKS to them... anyways, I am pretty sure Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and Iran don't know how to handle this, they have never had a great military and Mccain has been a part of one. He knows what it takes and will follow through.

That's just my $.02.

In the speeches and debates I have watched, both candidates seem to beat around the bush too much. It is rare to hear a straight answer from eithe rof them.

I won't really agree or disagree with what you have said, but I wonder, and this question is posed to all people, Why does Mccain being a POW matter? In my opinion, him being a POW is a good story of bravery, but I don't think that has anything to do with his ability or lack thereof to be president. I personally don't think being a POW is as important as being the smartest person at the best college in the country.

Agree....Disagree....Any opinions welcome.

Johnny Mac being a POW proves that he loves his country more than anything and is willing to put himself and what his party thinks is right behind him and do whats best for the country, just because your smart(BOB) doesnt mean your fit to be president either, most serial killers are the some of the smartest people in the nation
cornerback*22*

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:55 pm

Haha, i am posting this site on here for balla45 mainly, i thought you would find it amusing(maybe you have seen it before)... Hopefully a few people can get a chuckle or two out of this because i sure can haha.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/0 ... 31607.html
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:58 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fpjAs4vt ... re=related

This is what Joe Biden thinks of Obama and watch what he said about McCain... LOL
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cornerback*22* » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:38 pm

he's a freak
cornerback*22*

Postby asiantangy99 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:31 pm

Obama FTW!!!
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball18 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:12 am

Bob Barr, the true conservative
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby chevyman11 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:25 am

Any comments on Obama's half-hour info-mercial last night? I ended up missing most of it.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby balla45 » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:12 pm

Thank you...297...

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:58 pm

balla45 wrote:Thank you...297...

it will be interesting to see if Obama holds true to his promises, will he be his old liberal self like how he ran in the primaries? Or will he run to the center like he did to become president? With a democratic majority in congress and Obama as our most liberal president ever, look for big changes in Washington. We will have two new supreme court justices that will interpret the constituition based on their liberal agenda and it will be easier to pass gun control legislation , abortion, somewhat universal health care, higher taxes, and more earmarks... is this the change we want?
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:31 pm

McCains economic plan was almost identical to Bush's. That's why he lost.

NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball18 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 pm

NDSportsFan wrote:McCains economic plan was almost identical to Bush's. That's why he lost.

It's not McCain's fault that Bush and his republican counterparts did all of this ridiculous spending... mccain always voted against earmark legislation
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball18 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 10:25 pm

This is how Obama got elected:

www.howobamagotelected.com
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Previous

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories