Best First Baseman in the state

Re: Best First Baseman in the state

Postby thatguy422 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 11:58 pm

uconn_8 wrote:Well I guess everyone else here can take your word for it. But idk the last time I saw a .400 hitter in high school(especially with wood bats now) batting number 7 in an order on a team that doesn't make it to state.

I believe mrm already stated why he is 7 batter.
mrm wrote:He doesn't get noticed much because he bats 6 or 7. Why? He doesn't have much power so he doesn't bat in the 3-5 spots. He's very slow on the base path, so he doesn't bat 1 or 2. But the averages posted are correct.

uconn_8 wrote:And I'm sure the worst player on your team (who's taking book) knows the real difference b/w getting on base and a hit. Most people on this site would agree with that.

Actually we had a senior girl for a stats person who was taught by the coach before the year started. And if there was a questionable play she asked the coach.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby uconn_8 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 8:35 am

Do you think its like that on every team? I'm not saying that every team takes stats that way. I've just seen it happen too many times before with teams around here. You see a player play and you see his average, and they don't fit. And its not like i watch these guys one or two times. I won't say anything about a player unless i've seen him play at least 7 or 8 times.
uconn_8
NDPreps Starter

Postby thatguy422 » Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:45 pm

uconn_8 wrote:Do you think its like that on every team? I'm not saying that every team takes stats that way. I've just seen it happen too many times before with teams around here. You see a player play and you see his average, and they don't fit. And its not like i watch these guys one or two times. I won't say anything about a player unless i've seen him play at least 7 or 8 times.

Ya I know what you're saying. I've seen some stats that just don't seem to fit. And I've seen some stats people that I know don't have any clue what they are doing.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby NC_408 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:37 pm

The Schwab wrote:those stats seem quite a bit inflated....i've seen him play...and wasn't that impressed.

not inflated at all i visually looked at the stat sheets for this kid because he is gonna play college ball and rick put his career stats on the sheet from his time at midkota. He really didnt stand out to much his junior year and first year of legion because the teams he played on had a pile of talent. Plus he didnt get recognized his senior year because midkota was a very poor team.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Postby NC_408 » Thu Nov 13, 2008 5:39 pm

thatguy422 wrote:
uconn_8 wrote:Do you think its like that on every team? I'm not saying that every team takes stats that way. I've just seen it happen too many times before with teams around here. You see a player play and you see his average, and they don't fit. And its not like i watch these guys one or two times. I won't say anything about a player unless i've seen him play at least 7 or 8 times.

Ya I know what you're saying. I've seen some stats that just don't seem to fit. And I've seen some stats people that I know don't have any clue what they are doing.

I couldn't agree more with these two posts. It seems like this type of thing happens a lot.
NC_408
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class B