Fargo Bombers 4, Hope-Finley 2
Fargo and Casselton in the winners bracket
Hope-Finley vs Hatton and Hillsboro-CV vs Thompson in loser out play
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Re: Section 3 Legion Tournament

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:50 pm

Hatton is up 7-0 over Hope-Finley through five innings.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:22 pm

Hatton beat Hope-Finley 9-0. (Hope-Finley eliminated) Hatton plays the winner of Hillsboro/Central Valley-Thompson game tomorrow.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MinotFan22 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:53 pm

fargo lost 10-0 in five innings to casselton... another error parade for fargo, there was only one earned run given up by lundberg
MinotFan22

Postby armada113 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:10 pm

MinotFan22 wrote:fargo lost 10-0 in five innings to casselton... another error parade for fargo, there was only one earned run given up by lundberg

Looks like Fargo is coming with their A-game pitching but just cant get it done in the field
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:27 pm

Hatton beat Hillsboro-Central Valley 8-2
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:28 pm

After getting ten runned the first day, Hatton has came all the way back to the championship game by beating Fargo 8-6.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby armada113 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:22 pm

cubsfan wrote:After getting ten runned the first day, Hatton has came all the way back to the championship game by beating Fargo 8-6.

Hatton is going to have a fun time facing casselton. In my opinion this tournament is over. Good luck casselton in state. Sure Hatton may be an alright team but they are no match for Casselton.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby cubsfan » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:43 pm

armada113 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:After getting ten runned the first day, Hatton has came all the way back to the championship game by beating Fargo 8-6.

Hatton is going to have a fun time facing casselton. In my opinion this tournament is over. Good luck casselton in state. Sure Hatton may be an alright team but they are no match for Casselton.

Even if Hatton goes on to lose tomorrow you have to give them their due after losing in the first round and coming back to play in the championship round. I congratulate Chad Omdahl on doing a fine coaching job through the years, he always gets the most out of his kids and they usually are at their best during tournament time.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby armada113 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:58 am

scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
armada113 wrote:

Even if Hatton goes on to lose tomorrow you have to give them their due after losing in the first round and coming back to play in the championship round. I congratulate Chad Omdahl on doing a fine coaching job through the years, he always gets the most out of his kids and they usually are at their best during tournament time.

Well said, cubsfan. Good luck to both teams tomorrow.

Oh yeah i completely agree. Great job to Hatton. Same from me, best of luck to both teams!
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:42 am

I'm glad that Hatton beat the Bombers. It always amazes me that the little towns can beat the Bombers year in and year out. Even if it is the second or third Fargo team, they still draw from a talent pool of thousands as opposed to 100 or less.

Good for Hatton and Coach Omdahl. Now, can they patch together enough pitching to knock off Casselton?
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby MinotFan22 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:56 am

Hinsa wrote:I'm glad that Hatton beat the Bombers. It always amazes me that the little towns can beat the Bombers year in and year out. Even if it is the second or third Fargo team, they still draw from a talent pool of thousands as opposed to 100 or less.

Good for Hatton and Coach Omdahl. Now, can they patch together enough pitching to knock off Casselton?

whoa.... i wouldnt say thousands more like 25 kids that tried out for bombers this year and of those 25 that tried out 3 played for post 2 so that leaves 22 kids for 18 spots and there were 3 that should have never made the team... anderson, budke and olgaard.. not to mention all the great talent that didnt want to commit and just played babe ruth... so yeah they (bombers) were lucky to be where they are at... tomorrow will be a slaughter fest and casselton will beat hatton by at least 12 runs.
MinotFan22

Postby cubsfan » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:46 pm

MinotFan22 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:I'm glad that Hatton beat the Bombers. It always amazes me that the little towns can beat the Bombers year in and year out. Even if it is the second or third Fargo team, they still draw from a talent pool of thousands as opposed to 100 or less.

whoa.... i wouldnt say thousands more like 25 kids that tried out for bombers this year and of those 25 that tried out 3 played for post 2 so that leaves 22 kids for 18 spots and there were 3 that should have never made the team... anderson, budke and olgaard.. not to mention all the great talent that didnt want to commit and just played babe ruth... so yeah they (bombers) were lucky to be where they are at... tomorrow will be a slaughter fest and casselton will beat hatton by at least 12 runs.[/quote]

It turned out to be a pretty good ball game. Casselton won 9-5. Hatton just didn't have enough fresh arms to complete the comeback. Congrats to Casselton on making it to state and good luck to them against Grafton.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby MinotFan22 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:18 pm

cubsfan wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:

whoa.... i wouldnt say thousands more like 25 kids that tried out for bombers this year and of those 25 that tried out 3 played for post 2 so that leaves 22 kids for 18 spots and there were 3 that should have never made the team... anderson, budke and olgaard.. not to mention all the great talent that didnt want to commit and just played babe ruth... so yeah they (bombers) were lucky to be where they are at... tomorrow will be a slaughter fest and casselton will beat hatton by at least 12 runs.[/quote]
It turned out to be a pretty good ball game. Casselton won 9-5. Hatton just didn't have enough fresh arms to complete the comeback. Congrats to Casselton on making it to state and good luck to them against Grafton.

o darn not a slaughter fest still beat them handly you really got me cubsfan by reminding me of what i said.... touche sir... touche
MinotFan22

Postby MinotFan22 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:54 pm

scc wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:

o darn not a slaughter fest still beat them handly you really got me cubsfan by reminding me of what i said.... touche sir... touche

It was a good game, not the blowout some were thinking. Casselton will represent the section well.

false....frappie cant pitch every game at state... hes getting worn down from pitching every other game this year they got lucky that they faced gardner 1st round so they could throw someone not nearly as good..... my 10 year old sister could have thrown against gardner and could have won.. grafton will tear them apart.
MinotFan22

Postby armada113 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:33 pm

MinotFan22 wrote:
scc wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:
cubsfan wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:

It was a good game, not the blowout some were thinking. Casselton will represent the section well.

false....frappie cant pitch every game at state... hes getting worn down from pitching every other game this year they got lucky that they faced gardner 1st round so they could throw someone not nearly as good..... my 10 year old sister could have thrown against gardner and could have won.. grafton will tear them apart.

Amen brotha. Amen
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby Hinsa » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:48 pm

MinotFan - my point about the Bombers is that there are thousands of boys in Fargo that are of age to play baseball for the Bombers. In the small towns there are usually about 50 boys of age to play Legion, and that's going all the way down to freshmen, sometimes 8th graders.

The Bombers pool of players is not the 25 that tried out, it's the total amount of boys in Fargo ages 16-17. In small towns, ANYONE that goes out for Legion plays, whether they are a stud athlete or the local computer geek that they talked into filling out a uniform and playing right field.

My point is that the small towns do a lot more with a lot less.
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby MinotFan22 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:57 pm

Hinsa wrote:MinotFan - my point about the Bombers is that there are thousands of boys in Fargo that are of age to play baseball for the Bombers. In the small towns there are usually about 50 boys of age to play Legion, and that's going all the way down to freshmen, sometimes 8th graders.

The Bombers pool of players is not the 25 that tried out, it's the total amount of boys in Fargo ages 16-17. In small towns, ANYONE that goes out for Legion plays, whether they are a stud athlete or the local computer geek that they talked into filling out a uniform and playing right field.

alright so fargo has a lot of kids that fit the age requirements.... how many do you think want to commit a whole summer to baseball that dont have work, other sports or go to the lakes or just dont flat out play baseball???
MinotFan22

Postby armada113 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:08 pm

MinotFan22 wrote:
Hinsa wrote:MinotFan - my point about the Bombers is that there are thousands of boys in Fargo that are of age to play baseball for the Bombers. In the small towns there are usually about 50 boys of age to play Legion, and that's going all the way down to freshmen, sometimes 8th graders.

alright so fargo has a lot of kids that fit the age requirements.... how many do you think want to commit a whole summer to baseball that dont have work, other sports or go to the lakes or just dont flat out play baseball???

Actually its a 16 year old team, many of the class B ball teams have older teams. Like '08 '09 graduating years. Some even '07. And Fargo has some computer geeks they talked into filling uniforms (named prior to this post)
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Postby cass8 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:58 am

scc wrote:
armada113 wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:so casselton beat gardner 14-0 (no surprise)... does anyone know who threw for casselton this morning??

I highly doubt the would throw Rust or Frappier. Sinner possibly??

I think Rose was their starter.

schumacher pitched
cass8
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bison17 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:09 am

armada113 wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:its funny to see how far thompson fell off from last year... winning on a walk off against a really good fargo team last year to being at the way bottom of the standings in just one year... i predict a fargo-hope final this year.. casselton has nothing for pitchers once their two studs throw..

Exactly, Casselton has two GREAT pitchers but then nothing after that. Im not sure about Hope but Fargo has three exellent starters then two more pretty good pitchers, along with some hit or miss relievers. I think Hopes hitting will carry them through the tourney.

Ya i we faced fargo about six times this year and they didn't have any good starters. The only kid that could have been was lundberg but he was so emotional on the hill that he lost it if he gave up a hit or walked someone. Casselton has at least four good pitchers. everyone just underestimated them and now look what happend. They won state legion.
Bison17
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Class B