Volleyball - look ahead to next year

All other important sports and activities.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby rep » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:23 pm

looking at district 5 i would say it is between ellendale, who got to state for the first time last season, and litchville-marion-montpelier.

ellendale has val glynn who more or less tore up the rest of the district, region and state all of last season as the cardinals finished fifth or sixth (can't remember which). what could set ellendale back is the graduation loss of their setter. she seemed to really turn it up at the region tournament as she averaged 40 or so assists in the three games prior to state.

l-m-m should have kristen cuypers and if i had to guess that should be all they need. she is a pretty decent option at the net.

lamoure is very solid from year to year, but i think they will have graduated a lot of starters and i'm not sure who they have back.

i have no clue what is going on out in district 6 for the rest of the region outlook.

from a state perspective, what else is out there? the state championship game between bottineau and thopmson featured quite a few seniors...does any team look pretty tough early on?
rep

Postby big_tyme_hockey » Sat Mar 18, 2006 3:37 pm

I don't know if you wanted to know anything about Class A, but from Devils Lake - Ashley Privratsky. She will be a Jr. next year and she has great athletic ability. She is also a wonderful basketball player. She lead DL's girls' bball team to state for the first time in a long time this year.
big_tyme_hockey

Postby RedWings7 » Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:26 am

i believe bismarck century and dickinson, last years finalists will make it back to the title game with century winning the rematch...both schools have lots of players back..century just has more firepower with all-world andrea lafrance, reaman and 6 foot courtney fettig...although dickinson does have that 6'4 girl who can take over a game
Last edited by RedWings7 on Mon Apr 17, 2006 7:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
RedWings7

Postby NDVBBB » Tue May 02, 2006 12:32 pm

CHS should be strong with returning Andrea LaFrance, Dana Asplund, Courtney Fettig, April Reamann, PLUS the addition of Brittany Jossart, Kate Beaudoin as hitters.  The only question will be setter - who can replace the awesome setting of Kaylen Schneider :shock:?
NDVBBB
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Thu May 18, 2006 4:25 pm

Hate to say it but I'm going to have to go with century.  Like you said, who's going to be the setter?  If they get some amazing transfer - they would go undefeated easily. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Wed May 24, 2006 7:10 pm

century may not be losing that many people, but if they can't have a setter to set LaFrance she may be struggling.  DHS on the other hand may be losing many people that were important to the team, but their JV team won the WDA in the JV division and most will help the varsity a lot, they also still have Nash, Steffan, and most of the backrow left.
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Thu May 25, 2006 4:08 pm

play_d_shoot3 wrote:century may not be losing that many people, but if they can't have a setter to set LaFrance she may be struggling.  DHS on the other hand may be losing many people that were important to the team, but their JV team won the WDA in the JV division and most will help the varsity a lot, they also still have Nash, Steffan, and most of the backrow left.

they are losing six seniors, but schneider is the only talented one leaving. so i agree with the setter issue.  it's going to be a tough season for not just lafrance, but asplund, fettig, and jossart if they don't find a half decent setter.  and if dickinson does have a good setter replacing brumfield, then they could be in the hunt for another championship.
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby demonfan74 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:18 pm

word of mouth says century hitters struggled at a one day tournament because they didn't have a good setter.  might be a long season for them. 
demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:27 am

demonfan74 wrote:word of mouth says century hitters struggled at a one day tournament because they didn't have a good setter.  might be a long season for them. 

yeah it might be, but they didn't have their top 3 hitters there either, lafrance, jossart, and fettig.  But i wasn't impressed by the setter either.
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby play_d_shoot3 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 2:41 pm

anybody know how everyone's summer season went???
play_d_shoot3
NDPreps Reserve

Postby demonfan74 » Fri Aug 04, 2006 6:12 am

Minot is very good - they have a very good setter and solid hitters.  I think they'll be in the top 3 this year, along with the dickinson and century power houses.  However, there are rumors floating around about lafrance not playing this year.  If that is the case, I am interested to hear her side of the story.  Century's season will depend on how their team will deal with the loss.  Bismarck is also good but less experienced and should round out the top 5, with Williston being 4.  I am unsure of williston's setter, but with hennessy and fee back, they can be a deadly front row. 

demonfan74
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ice-queen » Mon Aug 21, 2006 5:28 pm

for class B, there are quite a few juniors from bowman: Abby Nasset, Lindsey tivis, steph lockert, brittany anderson....and maybe a few more.
ice-queen

Postby ranger » Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:06 am

District 13 - Bowman - Abby Nasset, Lindsey Tivis, Ali Morland, Brittany Anderson, Steph Lochkert - all juniors.  should have a good VB team this year and wait until they are seniors!!
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby fish » Wed Oct 18, 2006 4:23 am

Mott/Regent is #2 going into Districts this year and they are basically made up of all juniors.  They only have one senior Alyssa Libis.  Mott/Regent is alsw in District 13 and is way ahead of Bowman who is the #5 seed going into districts.  They have good strong hitters Emily Krauter who is a junior and leading the region in kills, Kim Schaible an awesome lebro who has like 360 some digs, Heather Schaible a strong accurate setter, Chelsey Roth a sophmore MH, and Lindsey Friedt who is also a strong OH.  Plus they have a deep bech filled with many good DS like Chloe Bentson, LeeAnn Jahner, and Claire Fiedler.  Mott/Regent will give Bowman a good run for their money in District 13.
fish
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Other Sports