McCain or Obama????? The question of a decade.

All other topics other than sports related.

Re: McCain or Obama????? The question of a decade.

Postby balla45 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm

AC-DC wrote:
baseball18 wrote:Now back to the topic, I will be voting for John McCain this Nov... don't get me wrong Obama is a good guy and a great politican and speaker... but he is not qualified to be president yet, he has no experience, his tax policy will implode the debt even more, he wants universal health care, his foreign policy is that of a pacifist, he's for bigger government... that's why I'm voting for McCain.

Pretty well sums that up, except for the "great politician" and "yet" part (should be "ever").

Why should he never be president?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby baseball4life » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:00 pm

I understand how people look at democrats and automatically turn away from them on their stance with abortion. You are talking to an extreme pro-life person right here, but abortion is not the only topic that has to do with being pro-life. for instance, look at the issue of helping single mothers with money problems. the republicans have been very clear in voting for little funding while the democrats are very clear in wanting funds to help. Look at the topic of early childhood education. Again republicans have voted against funding of this, while democrats are for it. i am not trying to justify in any way that abortion is right, but once the child is born, we need to give them the tools so they can live a good life.

This is what makes me the most upset when people only look at abortion as the Pro-Life issue, when there are other things, which to me are just as important as abortion.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cornerback*22* » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:06 pm

whatever, the human life is the most important thing to think about, if you think that you are helping this society by killing innocent babies then you are dead wrong. ya i know what you mean by its not the only but it is one of the most important, what you said is an excuse to stick up for the liberals when they are wrong
cornerback*22*

Postby baseball4life » Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:31 am

cornerback*22* wrote:whatever, the human life is the most important thing to think about, if you think that you are helping this society by killing innocent babies then you are dead wrong. ya i know what you mean by its not the only but it is one of the most important, what you said is an excuse to stick up for the liberals when they are wrong

No. it has nothing to do with sticking up for the liberals when they are wrong. so what. the republicans get rid of abortion, which would be a good thing dont get me wrong, but then we MUST give the child a chance to live a half way decent life once they are born. that is what i am saying. GIVE them a chance to live!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cornerback*22* » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:11 pm

baseball4life wrote:
cornerback*22* wrote:whatever, the human life is the most important thing to think about, if you think that you are helping this society by killing innocent babies then you are dead wrong. ya i know what you mean by its not the only but it is one of the most important, what you said is an excuse to stick up for the liberals when they are wrong

No. it has nothing to do with sticking up for the liberals when they are wrong. so what. the republicans get rid of abortion, which would be a good thing dont get me wrong, but then we MUST give the child a chance to live a half way decent life once they are born. that is what i am saying. GIVE them a chance to live!

okay whats your point, how can you give them life if you kill them before they are born
cornerback*22*

Postby baseball4life » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:30 pm

cornerback*22* wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

okay whats your point, how can you give them life if you kill them before they are born

Read my previous posts... No where did i state that i am for abortion or that i think that we should kill them before they are born... i just said that once the child is born, we cannot leave them out to dry and not help them at all. Give them a chance to live after they are born too!
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cornerback*22* » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:30 pm

baseball4life wrote:
cornerback*22* wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

Read my previous posts... No where did i state that i am for abortion or that i think that we should kill them before they are born... i just said that once the child is born, we cannot leave them out to dry and not help them at all. Give them a chance to live after they are born too!

okay and you think obama will do that?? or wat
cornerback*22*

Postby baseball18 » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:01 pm

go bob barr
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball4life » Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:44 pm

cornerback*22* wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
cornerback*22* wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

Obama will not get rid of abortion and i am fully aware of that... but my thing about it all is that how many republican presidents have we had recently? How many of them have done anything to get rid of abortion? the answer to that is none, and i dont see it happening with a Mccain administration.
I do however see Obama helping put policies in place to fund programs for Un-wed mothers or single parents... i do see him funding programs for children born into poverty, and most of all, i do see him with a better chance to get our economy half-way straightened out so that people in this country can succeed.
baseball4life
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby baseball18 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:29 pm

baseball4life wrote:
cornerback*22* wrote:
baseball4life wrote:
cornerback*22* wrote:
baseball4life wrote:

Obama will not get rid of abortion and i am fully aware of that... but my thing about it all is that how many republican presidents have we had recently? How many of them have done anything to get rid of abortion? the answer to that is none, and i dont see it happening with a Mccain administration.
I do however see Obama helping put policies in place to fund programs for Un-wed mothers or single parents... i do see him funding programs for children born into poverty, and most of all, i do see him with a better chance to get our economy half-way straightened out so that people in this country can succeed.

Ronald Reagan tried to reduce back-room abortions with his "Abortion Act", which tried to limit abortions, so you can't say he didn't try... only way to fully eliminate abortion completely is to reduce it bit by bit... no one will ever get rid of it with the snap of the finger, you gotta start somewhere
baseball18
NDPreps All-State

Postby balla45 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:55 pm

What do you guys make of Palin? I watched the vp debate, and all she seemed to be able to do was say, "I respect you, Joe Biden," and noticed that she would not directly answer most questions posed to her. Did anyone else notice this?
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDSportsFan » Fri Oct 03, 2008 5:22 pm

It was a decent debate by both people. Both sides are claiming "victory" today. Even the biggest mismatch in VP debate history, Quayle-Benson, didn't change the results of the election.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Ming01 » Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:37 pm

balla45 wrote:What do you guys make of Palin? I watched the vp debate, and all she seemed to be able to do was say, "I respect you, Joe Biden," and noticed that she would not directly answer most questions posed to her. Did anyone else notice this?

Whoever ppl support that's obviously who they think won... Honestly, it was a fairly close debate, both did well, no one knocked each other out, just a few jabs here and there. But Palin exceeded expectations, mainly because she had very low ones coming in, but in the end I think ppl are going to look at her and think that she's not all that bad... this debate only helped her cause
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby cornerback*22* » Sat Oct 04, 2008 1:30 am

oh ya definitely, im not gonna lie biden did a good job and i was impressed, but ya sarah palin did very well too, especially for her first debate against biden who has had way more experience.
cornerback*22*

Postby balla45 » Sat Oct 04, 2008 12:34 pm

Ming01 wrote:
balla45 wrote:What do you guys make of Palin? I watched the vp debate, and all she seemed to be able to do was say, "I respect you, Joe Biden," and noticed that she would not directly answer most questions posed to her. Did anyone else notice this?

[size=150]Whoever ppl support that's obviously who they think won[/size]... Honestly, it was a fairly close debate, both did well, no one knocked each other out, just a few jabs here and there. But Palin exceeded expectations, mainly because she had very low ones coming in, but in the end I think ppl are going to look at her and think that she's not all that bad... this debate only helped her cause

I completely agree with this statement.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby thejoker » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:44 pm

Anyone else watch the presidential debate tonight?
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbballa » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:05 pm

Ya, I did. I will just say right now I am now extremely for Mccain, and I believe Obama says what he thinks people want to hear, but barely ever anything that will work. Mccain is pro-life and that definitely sets him apart, i will never vote for a murderer. Mccain talks honest, and he is right when he says look at the records, Obama says that he will cut taxes for the middle-class, said he would for Illinois... did he do that? No, he won't do that for America either. I honestly can NOT trust him at all in office, and he won't cut spending when he passes these big bills that don't give back to us unlike Mccain. Obama wants to give financial help to the Soviet countries when we are in our own economic crisis, that is an example of him saying what he feels the audience wants to hear, once he says we need to fix our financial crisis and not be spending so much in other countries and then he feels that people want him to help these countries so much, so he says more than morale support to give them financial support, that hyprocritic. Obama won't go for the good of our country, but instead, just for his democratic party reputation. Mccain will go for the good of the country and communicate with everyone, not just republicans. Yes, on the War in Iraq, he is definitely stuck on the troop surge and a victory, he has his strong beliefs and STICKS to them... anyways, I am pretty sure Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and Iran don't know how to handle this, they have never had a great military and Mccain has been a part of one. He knows what it takes and will follow through.

That's just my $.02.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballernation » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:42 pm

i agree with fbballa, mccain has got my vote.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:22 am

McCain will win the North Dakota electoral votes, but doesn't his stance on agricultural issues scare more North Dakotans? He even wants to end sugar beet subsidies, not good news for the Red River Valley.

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/articles ... 161837.txt
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby thejoker » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:50 am

I thought Obama contradicted himself way to much.
For instance, he said that he saw no reason for us to go into Iraq in the first place. Then he was saying that anytime we have a chance to help overthrow a bad government in a different country, we should do it. That seems to me quite like what we are doing in Iraq.

The only thing McCain did that I didn't really like is that he tryed to attack Obama with almost every answer he had.
thejoker
NDPreps Starter

Postby fbballa » Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:59 am

What is everyone's take on Obama's relationship with Ayers and then sitting in on Wright's sermons for I believe 20 years?

I know a lot of media are defending Obama, as expected, by saying this shouldn't be a guilty by association presidential race, but, I mean seriously, how do you sit in on Wright's anti-America sermons for 20 years, and sit in the same living room as a domestic terrorist, that is just unacceptable and makes it all the more scary if he takes office.
fbballa
NDPreps Starter

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:06 pm

fbballa wrote:What is everyone's take on Obama's relationship with Ayers and then sitting in on Wright's sermons for I believe 20 years?

I know a lot of media are defending Obama, as expected, by saying this shouldn't be a guilty by association presidential race, but, I mean seriously, how do you sit in on Wright's anti-America sermons for 20 years, and sit in the same living room as a domestic terrorist, that is just unacceptable and makes it all the more scary if he takes office.

We also must look at the fact that BOB's life has been scrutinized to the maximum, while all we hear about JM is that he was a POW. How do you guys feel about him divorcing his wife when she got cancer, and marrying a rich woman?

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:11 pm

fbballa wrote:Ya, I did. I will just say right now I am now extremely for Mccain, and I believe Obama says what he thinks people want to hear, but barely ever anything that will work. Mccain is pro-life and that definitely sets him apart, i will never vote for a murderer. Mccain talks honest, and he is right when he says look at the records, Obama says that he will cut taxes for the middle-class, said he would for Illinois... did he do that? No, he won't do that for America either. I honestly can NOT trust him at all in office, and he won't cut spending when he passes these big bills that don't give back to us unlike Mccain. Obama wants to give financial help to the Soviet countries when we are in our own economic crisis, that is an example of him saying what he feels the audience wants to hear, once he says we need to fix our financial crisis and not be spending so much in other countries and then he feels that people want him to help these countries so much, so he says more than morale support to give them financial support, that hyprocritic. Obama won't go for the good of our country, but instead, just for his democratic party reputation. Mccain will go for the good of the country and communicate with everyone, not just republicans. Yes, on the War in Iraq, he is definitely stuck on the troop surge and a victory, he has his strong beliefs and STICKS to them... anyways, I am pretty sure Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iraq, and Iran don't know how to handle this, they have never had a great military and Mccain has been a part of one. He knows what it takes and will follow through.

That's just my $.02.

In the speeches and debates I have watched, both candidates seem to beat around the bush too much. It is rare to hear a straight answer from eithe rof them.

I won't really agree or disagree with what you have said, but I wonder, and this question is posed to all people, Why does Mccain being a POW matter? In my opinion, him being a POW is a good story of bravery, but I don't think that has anything to do with his ability or lack thereof to be president. I personally don't think being a POW is as important as being the smartest person at the best college in the country.

Agree....Disagree....Any opinions welcome.

Jordan Maurer

balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby cubsfan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:24 pm

I once heard this from my grandfather: "It doesn't matter what candidate you vote for, in the end everyone is gonna feel like they got screwed by him in some way." That is the truest statement about our political system.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ballernation » Wed Oct 08, 2008 7:50 pm

balla45 wrote:
fbballa wrote:What is everyone's take on Obama's relationship with Ayers and then sitting in on Wright's sermons for I believe 20 years?

We also must look at the fact that BOB's life has been scrutinized to the maximum, while all we hear about JM is that he was a POW. How do you guys feel about him divorcing his wife when she got cancer, and marrying a rich woman?

huh, interesting, never heard that... but baracks preacher, is out of his gourd, to the extreme, and barack went to that church for 20+!!!! he also consorted with a known terrorist, both to me are worse then what you say about mccain.. and dont minimize mccain being a pow, he was treated very brutally, so yaa i understand how that may get annoying to a democrat, but it does mean somehting i think.. if barack wasnt associated with bill ayers, and that crazy preacher, he would be pretty stand up in my book.
ballernation
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories