08-09 season

throughout the state

08-09 season

Postby hockeystar11 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:36 pm

Who do u guys think will be the top players?
hockeystar11

Re: 08-09 season

Postby JGFan » Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:53 pm

Don't yet know about players.
Flyers coach appears to have taken a non Junior Gold job at West Fargo.
Any thoughts on how that will affect the team/league?
(He was coach of the year 2 seasons ago).
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dcfan24 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:44 pm

i hear watford\sidney cooped? botno and rugby also
dcfan24

Postby JGFan » Thu Oct 23, 2008 1:04 pm

Pre season workouts seem to be underway at some locations.
Any words as to team sizes, talent returning, overall outlook for your team/town?
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JDK23 » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:41 pm

dcfan24 wrote:i hear watford\sidney cooped? botno and rugby also

botno and rugby cooped only for peewees and bantams not jr gold, and from what i heard watford and sidneys coop was the same way
JDK23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Baller » Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:33 pm

JDK23 wrote:
dcfan24 wrote:i hear watford\sidney cooped? botno and rugby also

botno and rugby cooped only for peewees and bantams not jr gold, and from what i heard watford and sidneys coop was the same way

I hear that the Bottineau/Rugby coop for high school is not far off....
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby HockeyHigh » Tue Oct 28, 2008 11:41 pm

http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDako ... ePage.aspx

They are now tracking teams and stats for the Junior Gold League.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby JGFan » Sat Nov 29, 2008 1:39 am

Just watched the Fargo Flyers play Watertown SD today. SD season started a few weeks ago and the Lakers were very fast and played well. the flyers team just was put together this week, and the game today was the first time the whole team was on a sheet of ice together at once. First period was ugly for FF but a new great goalie (Demarius) kept them in it 0-1. Shots were 13-5 watertown. Second period was even on shots, watertown with a few better quality ones, no score. Third was 0-2 early, then 1-2 with 6 min left. ENG ended it 1-3 11-5 SOG in flyers favor. Total shots in game even.
Later today they tied Rapid City team 3-3 with another goalie (?). There are 3 more games this weekend to play yet.
SD has no high school teams, so these are the #1 players for these towns.

Overall, this team really picked up the game as it went along. The flyers have a lot of new skilled talent. When they get going, they will be a factor (despite losing their best scoring, D, and goalie -goalie made South squad this year). Better get after them early, as they will get better very fast.

Any word on other teams?
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dcs01 » Mon Dec 01, 2008 7:57 pm

The Co-op between Langdon and Park River is final and will be called the Langdon/Walsh County Warriors. I think it should be a pretty good team this year with a pretty solid lineup. Some key players from langdon are Russlle Hiltner, Kyle Witzel, and Colon Olson. A couple big time players comming out of Park River are Goalie Michael Siem who was the number 1 goalie in the Leauge, and Jordan Loewen. The Warriors first game is Sunday in Mayville.
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby icedawg35 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:19 pm

dcs01 wrote: The Warriors first game is Sunday in Mayville.

Correction: They play May-Port on Sunday :mrgreen:
icedawg35
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Guest » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:20 pm

sorry, meant saturday

Postby AC-DC » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:53 am

HockeyHigh wrote:http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDakotaJuniorGoldHockey/HomePage.aspx

They don't have the complete schedule or much information yet. It would be great if coaches or team managers could help them out with some information to get our players some exposure.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Sioux4ever » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Did league games start this weekend for Junior Gold? Any scores from any games?
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby HockeyHigh » Sun Dec 07, 2008 1:12 pm

AC-DC wrote:
HockeyHigh wrote:http://ndhighschoolhockey.com/NorthDakotaJuniorGoldHockey/HomePage.aspx

They don't have the complete schedule or much information yet. It would be great if coaches or team managers could help them out with some information to get our players some exposure.

You're correct, it's the coaches jobs to get the information to the website.
HockeyHigh
NDPreps All-State

Postby JGFan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:39 pm

Got a report from a traveling parent:
Flyers 8-1 over Sidney Friday.
Flyers 10-0 over Watford City Saturday.
Flyers 10-1 over crosby but still 2nd period yet on Sunday.

Looks like the "bugs are out" after this weekend set of games.
JGFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Sun Dec 07, 2008 9:06 pm

May-Port Ice Dawgs beat the Grand Forks Stallions 4-2 and Langdon/Park River 5-3.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby icedawg35 » Sun Dec 07, 2008 10:42 pm

May-Port beat Rugby 4-3 in a nailbiter.
icedawg35
NDPreps Reserve

Postby icedawg35 » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:46 pm

Are the 3 western teams down this year or are the flyers just that good? Maybe a combination of both?
icedawg35
NDPreps Reserve

Postby AC-DC » Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:56 am

icedawg35 wrote:Are the 3 western teams down this year or are the flyers just that good? Maybe a combination of both?

When you stack a team with Seniors and Juniors and play against 8th and 9th graders, what do you expect? You can say what you want about recruiting, but it looks like the Flyers have 2 players that were Flames last year. Kind of suspicious to me, as it happens every year.

Haven't seen the other scores from the Flames, but they have a fairly even distribution of ages. Crosby had an evenly matched game with a hard fought 3 - 7 loss. Even the Flames fans were good sports and supportive of both teams.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyfan741 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:09 am

well i reffed the Fargo/watford city game and it was a beat down, watford has nothing, they have one or two players, but no goalie and there coach didnt seem like he was the smartest, but we'll see
hockeyfan741
NDPreps Starter

Postby icedawg35 » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Didn't know that they pretty much had younger players so my bad on that part. It seems to me that most of the teams this year are more even than last year, but i guess there is still a lot of time left in the season to really find out!
icedawg35
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Thu Dec 11, 2008 1:36 pm

AC-DC wrote:
icedawg35 wrote:Are the 3 western teams down this year or are the flyers just that good? Maybe a combination of both?

When you stack a team with Seniors and Juniors and play against 8th and 9th graders, what do you expect? You can say what you want about recruiting, but it looks like the Flyers have 2 players that were Flames last year. Kind of suspicious to me, as it happens every year.

Haven't seen the other scores from the Flames, but they have a fairly even distribution of ages. Crosby had an evenly matched game with a hard fought 3 - 7 loss. Even the Flames fans were good sports and supportive of both teams.

Since this was a hot topic last season, let's start the season off right. Enough talk of how you think they "stack" teams in the big cities. It is not the fault of the Flyers, Flames, Stallions or any other of the teams from the big cities that they have upperclassman, and your team has 8th-9th graders. The teams like Flyers, Flames, Stallions fill their teams after the High Schools make cuts. They get what is leftover. When there was G.F. Stallions and G.F. Golds, players chose where they wanted to go. I would believe it is the same way with Flyers and Flames, the players choose where they want to go. The only thing that may factor in is the Flyers also have a youth program (squirt-bantam). I tend to think that would sway kids who were Flyers in youth to stick with Flyers in Junior Gold. If the score was bad with Junior Gold players, how do you think it would be when the really good players from Fargo came to play (high school players).
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby mntwin05 » Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:34 am

I don't think it's at all fair to say that the flyers stacked their team. A quick look at the ndhighschoolhockey website shows the flames have more skaters than the flyers do. I'd be willing to bet that many of the flyer players are returners from last year, and yes the seniors and juniors are most likely carrying the load as they should. Let's not forget that this league is for the kids who don't make thier high school squads as well as the smaller towns. They have just as much a right to play as those from towns who don't have a school supported team. As far as the competition goes, not much can be done. There is just not enough skaters to split the league into an A and B type of league, so all we can hope for is a fun and safe year for the kids who want to play.

That's all I want to say, I really hope we can avoid the big city/small town arguments, but it is most likely innevitable that they will arise, so please, if you have something to say on the subject, think hard about both sides of the situation. It's the kids we should be thinking about, not the politics. They all deserve the right to play.

Any update on the standings?-ndhockey website is slow to update
mntwin05

Postby JDK23 » Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:57 pm

Rugby-14 Crosby-0
JDK23
NDPreps Reserve

Postby JDK23 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 8:56 pm

Rugby-4 Sidney/Richland-3 OT
JDK23
NDPreps Reserve