legion ball

legion ball

Postby gophers18 » Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:17 pm

Now that legion is getting under way could someone update on each section as to the teams and predictions.
Looking forward to another season
gophers18

Re: legion ball

Postby MinotFan22 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:15 pm

Post deleted and user warned. POSTS THAT RIP TEAMS AND CALL THEM GARBAGE WILL BE CAUSE FOR TERMINATION FROM THIS SITE.
MinotFan22

Postby kingjames » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:25 pm

fargo bombers= not so good, they have a lot of kids who didnt come out this year that shouldve
hope-page=decent but they lose neset their only real pitcher
gardner=dont know much about what they have coming back
hillsboro= should be decent again but i dont think that they finish higher than 3rd at sectionals.
reynolds=ha
hatton=should be a solid team no stand outs but they will hold their own
casselton= with frappy on the hill they will win most games he pitches but beyond that idk.
thompson= they lose everything from last year, it will be a rough year for them but they have a good coach so who knows.
kingjames
NDPreps Starter

Postby MinotFan22 » Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:27 pm

just to clarify what im saying.... they are bad this year... they lost to the fargo senior babe team 15-5.. although 7 runs were taken away when there was found to be a scorecard error.... it was really 22-5... thats not good when a legion class B team loses to kids who dont care about playing ball in the summer anyways
MinotFan22

Postby Tigger » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:21 am

kingjames wrote:fargo bombers= not so good, they have a lot of kids who didnt come out this year that shouldve
hope-page=decent but they lose neset their only real pitcher
gardner=dont know much about what they have coming back
hillsboro= should be decent again but i dont think that they finish higher than 3rd at sectionals.
reynolds=ha
hatton=should be a solid team no stand outs but they will hold their own
casselton= with frappy on the hill they will win most games he pitches but beyond that idk.
thompson= they lose everything from last year, it will be a rough year for them but they have a good coach so who knows.

Reynolds and Hillsboro are the same team.
Tigger
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby brockstar41 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:34 am

I'm shocked nobodys talking about Nelson County. I don't know who is all playing for them but I'd assume Nichols, Severson, Johanson, Ham, maybe Olderbak and Hoerth. Just to clarify Nelson County is Dakota Prairie and Lakota.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfootball06 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:52 am

brockstar41 wrote:I'm shocked nobodys talking about Nelson County. I don't know who is all playing for them but I'd assume Nichols, Severson, Johanson, Ham, maybe Olderbak and Hoerth. Just to clarify Nelson County is Dakota Prairie and Lakota.

Just to clarify for you, Johansen, Olderbak, and Hoerth play for Devil's Lake. They did last year as well.
ndfootball06
NDPreps Starter

Postby pakkyzoo » Wed Jun 18, 2008 11:27 am

brockstar41 wrote:I'm shocked nobodys talking about Nelson County. I don't know who is all playing for them but I'd assume Nichols, Severson, Johanson, Ham, maybe Olderbak and Hoerth. Just to clarify Nelson County is Dakota Prairie and Lakota.

Jayden Mattern, Cory Wall, and Tate Aronson are the three players that play from Lakota for the Nelson County Owls.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby MinotFan22 » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:29 am

highheat wrote:
MinotFan22 wrote:just to clarify what im saying.... they are bad this year... they lost to the fargo senior babe team 15-5.. although 7 runs were taken away when there was found to be a scorecard error.... it was really 22-5... thats not good when a legion class B team loses to kids who dont care about playing ball in the summer anyways

you need to realize that the bombers team is made up primarily of kids that played jv during school ball (i counted only 4 kids that played varsity ball full time) and the fargo senior babe team this year is mostly made up of varsity ball players. so i hope a team full of varsity players beat a team full of jv kids.

the fact is its senior babe... no one cares.. its a slap in the face to legion that something this bad happened to them
MinotFan22

Postby Trust me I know » Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:17 pm

I cant believe no one has said anything about the defending state champions, LaMoure. They are 16-3 and I believe their 3 loses were second games of sectional double headers. They return 7 or their 9 starters. And they have their entire starting rotation back. A rotation that only gave up like 6 runs in 6 games at the state tourney last year. They added some young players from there babe ruth team that took 2nd in state last year like Dunn, the lefty who lead their HS team in Ks. Plus, there is the motivating factor that the state tourney is in LaMoure this year.
Trust me I know

Postby gophers18 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:08 pm

can someone report on section 1 and section 4 just curious there is never anything in the papers from those areas. Thanks
gophers18

Postby gophers18 » Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:55 pm

I see that Galchutt upset Lamoure in the Enderlin Wood Bat tourney this past weekend. Who pitched for both teams? Enderlin won the tourney 5-3 over Galchutt. With Lamoure beating Kindred for third in a good game.
gophers18

Postby Coach15 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:22 pm

i
Last edited by Coach15 on Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Coach15

Postby luckyinlife » Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:32 pm

gophers18 wrote:I see that Galchutt upset Lamoure in the Enderlin Wood Bat tourney this past weekend. Who pitched for both teams? Enderlin won the tourney 5-3 over Galchutt. With Lamoure beating Kindred for third in a good game.

Here is a wrap up from the Jamestown Sun. http://www.jamestownsun.com/articles/in ... ion=sports It has a few numbers on LaMoure, but skimpy on the opposing teams. It says that Holen took the loss even though he had 8 K's on the night. LaMoure must have had a few defensive struggles that night to allow 10 runs.
luckyinlife
NDPreps Starter

Postby armada113 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:26 am

MinotFan22 wrote:just to clarify what im saying.... they are bad this year... they lost to the fargo senior babe team 15-5.. although 7 runs were taken away when there was found to be a scorecard error.... it was really 22-5... thats not good when a legion class B team loses to kids who dont care about playing ball in the summer anyways

During that game there were 7+ errors and the pitching from those chosen to start, relieve etc. was awful. Then the Fargo Bombers came back and beat them 15-0 the next time they played the senior babe. 12 of the 15 were earned runs.
I don't want to play golf. When I hit a ball, I want someone else to go chase it. ~Rogers Hornsby
armada113
NDPreps Starter

Return to Class B