2008 Babe Ruth Season

HS and Legion ball in ND.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2008 Babe Ruth Season

Postby baseball07 » Thu May 08, 2008 11:11 pm

baseballkid wrote:
alex8592 wrote:I think Hazen will go to state because they have the best pitchers in the state Tanner Borloug and Alex Barfield that both are throwin right around 80

haha, i'm sorry alex but i've seen both of these kids pitch this past summer and they do not throw anywhere near 80 unless they hit puberty as of late

ok first of all hazen will be going to state this year, they have all of their infield comming back this year besides their catcher who was horrible..tanner borlaug throws in the high 70's barfield i would say throws just as hard but kinda struggles on the accurasy part, but on a good day he is deadly..but not only are they good on defense but the top of thier order is going to be impossible to sit down this year, last year borlaug had about a .900 batting percentage and didnt strike out all season..and please tell me where you saw these kids pitch cause i think it will be funny to see you try to hit off of tanner.
baseball07

Postby ndplayer10 » Fri May 09, 2008 7:18 pm

.900 average and no k's what was he playing t-ball
ndplayer10
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball07 » Sat May 10, 2008 12:21 am

he made it look like he was haha
baseball07

Postby alex8592 » Sat May 10, 2008 9:39 am

he really did have just about a .900 average im pretty shure he only struck out 2 times all season but the tournament will be a question if he can keep a good attitue then hazen will deffinatly make it deep into the state tournament this year
alex8592

Postby alex8592 » Sat May 10, 2008 12:42 pm

Hazen will deffinatly make it to state
alex8592

Postby mrm » Thu May 15, 2008 7:40 pm

freshysoon wrote:velva will be good in their region because their only compition was surrey and they lost all theis kids so there good to go

Velva lost at least 5 starters: Weist twins, Austyn Kittelson, Degenstein and Bauer. While they return some good young players, how are they the team to beat?

Watford City lost only one player from a good squad. They return the Jacobson kid who is an outstanding pitcher and will keep them in any game he pitches.

Surrey lost three starters from the team that has won the region the past two years. They return Brady Schwan and Levi Landphere that have been unbeaten as pitchers in the region tournament since they were thirteen. Schwan struck out 14 on Monday in their varsity game against Turtle Lake.

It should be a good three team race with Surrey being the favorite.
mrm
NDPreps Reserve

Postby thatguy422 » Fri May 16, 2008 2:01 pm

mrm wrote:
freshysoon wrote:velva will be good in their region because their only compition was surrey and they lost all theis kids so there good to go

Velva lost at least 5 starters: Weist twins, Austyn Kittelson, Degenstein and Bauer. While they return some good young players, how are they the team to beat?

Watford City lost only one player from a good squad. They return the Jacobson kid who is an outstanding pitcher and will keep them in any game he pitches.

Surrey lost three starters from the team that has won the region the past two years. They return Brady Schwan and Levi Landphere that have been unbeaten as pitchers in the region tournament since they were thirteen. Schwan struck out 14 on Monday in their varsity game against Turtle Lake.

It should be a good three team race with Surrey being the favorite.

Agreed, I think Watford City and Surrey should be the favorites. In my opinion Velva has lost too many kids, I'm not saying they will be bad but they are not the best in their district.
thatguy422
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby BHS » Sat May 17, 2008 12:38 pm

alex barfield one of the best pitchers in teh state??? dont think so unless he got way better during spring ball and alex 8592 we know it is you talking urself up...no one knows who you are u werent even one of the top 4 pitchers for hazen last season...u throw hard but we'll see how your accuracy is
BHS
NDPreps Reserve

Postby alex8592 » Sun May 18, 2008 6:08 pm

sorry but he was one of hazens top three and the accuracys there the defence will be good behind him and he will have a great season if he can stay calm on the hill
BHS wrote:alex barfield one of the best pitchers in teh state??? dont think so unless he got way better during spring ball and alex 8592 we know it is you talking urself up...no one knows who you are u werent even one of the top 4 pitchers for hazen last season...u throw hard but we'll see how your accuracy is
alex8592

Postby lovetheund » Tue May 20, 2008 9:36 pm

The stokker wrote:HOpe Finley.. been to state past 3 years

ya ya ya "stokker" i know you but you don't know me and you are just trying to brag up your own team... even tho this is like old i still like to tell people down.
lovetheund

Postby unocinco » Sat May 24, 2008 4:12 pm

Devils Lake should be pretty good this year in 15 and 14 year old. 15 year olds they got Janzen and traynor and Axdahl and Eriksson so they could be a team to beat
unocinco
NDPreps Reserve

Postby hsfootballfan7 » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:20 pm

alex8592 wrote:he really did have just about a .900 average im pretty shure he only struck out 2 times all season but the tournament will be a question if he can keep a good attitue then hazen will deffinatly make it deep into the state tournament this year

yeah...hazen will be tough..they usually are....but they better make sure borlaug keeps a good attitude...by the way district tourney went last summer we all know what happens when he gets mad....and barfield...stop talking yourself up...against beulah last year you really didnt show anything special
hsfootballfan7
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The stokker » Sun Jun 08, 2008 11:42 pm

lovetheund wrote:
The stokker wrote:HOpe Finley.. been to state past 3 years

ya ya ya "stokker" i know you but you don't know me and you are just trying to brag up your own team... even tho this is like old i still like to tell people down.

i was just saying they are probably going to be a team to beat out of there section. i didn't say we were a lock to be state champs just sayin probably team to beat out of the section
The stokker

Postby brockstar41 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:35 am

pakkyzoo wrote:
The stokker wrote:
basketballer wrote:Who do they return? Don't they lose Luehring, Lamb, and Gorneau?

ya they lose those guys.. do they have anyone returning worth mentioning or coming up

Notables that return are Gourneau has another year left, hes only a freshman. Herman the catcher for DP returns, and Aronson the left fielder all return for their last year.

Yeah but after that they don't have much. Austin Monson and Zach Gilbertson are decent and Logan Harding is fairly good but they have a pretty weak bottom of the order and bench.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby alex8592 » Tue Jun 24, 2008 2:35 pm

thats why barfield has hit 2 homeruns off of beulah in the two games they play this season
hsfootballfan7 wrote:
alex8592 wrote:he really did have just about a .900 average im pretty shure he only struck out 2 times all season but the tournament will be a question if he can keep a good attitue then hazen will deffinatly make it deep into the state tournament this year

yeah...hazen will be tough..they usually are....but they better make sure borlaug keeps a good attitude...by the way district tourney went last summer we all know what happens when he gets mad....and barfield...stop talking yourself up...against beulah last year you really didnt show anything special
alex8592

Postby Coach15 » Tue Jul 15, 2008 2:30 pm

baseballkid wrote:
alex8592 wrote:I think Hazen will go to state because they have the best pitchers in the state Tanner Borloug and Alex Barfield that both are throwin right around 80

haha, i'm sorry alex but i've seen both of these kids pitch this past summer and they do not throw anywhere near 80 unless they hit puberty as of late

Yea i agree. Maybe in the low 70's when they are throwing their hardest which they dont on the mound. Tanner is a good pitcher with great potential if he learns some mound presence. Barfield has the genetics of a baseball player but he has bad mechanics with pitching and batting. Look to the future though.
Coach15

Postby dogg » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:45 pm

How are the Babe Ruth games going around the state, any tourney results yet for going to state?
dogg
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cubsfan » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:20 pm

Hope won the Red River Valley Conference again this year.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball07 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:23 pm

Hazen walked through thier district outscoring thier aponents 52 to 7..and 10 runned washburn in the championship game.
baseball07

Previous

Return to Baseball