Best Driver

Best Driver

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:39 pm

What do you guys think is the best most high quality driver out on the market?
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Re: Best Driver

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 10:53 pm

Beings I just bought a Sasquatch Sumo I'm gonna have to go with that. Has anyone tried out the 2008 R7's or the 2008 Sasquatch?
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:04 pm

ive tried out r7's in the past and I have never really liked them, and I have also tried a Nike Ignite driver so im guessing if I liked that then the sasquatch is going to be even better
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:10 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:ive tried out r7's in the past and I have never really liked them, and I have also tried a Nike Ignite driver so im guessing if I liked that then the sasquatch is going to be even better

I've also hit an Ignite and theres a huge difference between the Sasquatch Sumo and the Ignite. I havent hit the first Sasquatch (I'm guessin that will hit more like an Ignite). The Sumo's head is longer so its a little awquard swinging it but once you get use to it look out. It's really lightweight and balanced nicely and is an all-around nice club that feels amazing when hit.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Knight55 » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:16 pm

Ok number one, the sumo is for high handicap golfers. Second the ignite came out like three years ago. But right now i would say Titleist D1 or D2, R7's, or the new callaways are top 3.
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:58 am

Knight55 wrote:Ok number one, the sumo is for high handicap golfers. Second the ignite came out like three years ago. But right now i would say Titleist D1 or D2, R7's, or the new callaways are top 3.

And thats why Tiger Woods uses a Sumo then huh???
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:44 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
Knight55 wrote:Ok number one, the sumo is for high handicap golfers. Second the ignite came out like three years ago. But right now i would say Titleist D1 or D2, R7's, or the new callaways are top 3.

ya i agree why does Tiger Woods use one then. Why does it matter if the ignite came out 3 years ago its still a nike driver and they will hit somewhat the same.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby chevyman11 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 2:49 pm

And the Sumo is made for a high handicapper? I honestly don't think so. If you're a high handicapper I really doubt that you're going to spend $200-$300 on ONE club.
"The High-Handicap Golfer
Woods
You may not even want to have a driver in your bag. Instead, go with the 3-wood as your off-the-tee wood and add the easier-to-hit 7- and 9-woods."
-http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/sm-general-golf-equipment-buyers-guide--bg-222882.html
As for the orignial SQ and the Ignite, I'm sure that they will feel closer to the same when you hit them than will the SQ Sumo and the Ignite.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:50 pm

chevyman11 wrote:And the Sumo is made for a high handicapper? I honestly don't think so. If you're a high handicapper I really doubt that you're going to spend $200-$300 on ONE club.
"The High-Handicap Golfer
Woods
You may not even want to have a driver in your bag. Instead, go with the 3-wood as your off-the-tee wood and add the easier-to-hit 7- and 9-woods."
-http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/sm-general-golf-equipment-buyers-guide--bg-222882.html
As for the orignial SQ and the Ignite, I'm sure that they will feel closer to the same when you hit them than will the SQ Sumo and the Ignite.

i agree
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby Knight55 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:20 pm

asiantangy99 wrote:
chevyman11 wrote:

ya i agree why does Tiger Woods use one then. Why does it matter if the ignite came out 3 years ago its still a nike driver and they will hit somewhat the same.

Ok since it sounds like you know a lot about golf....Tiger uses the SASQUATCH not the Sumo...the square driver is made for higher handicappers....WOW
Knight55
NDPreps Reserve

Postby chevyman11 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:20 pm

Knight55 wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
chevyman11 wrote:

Ok since it sounds like you know a lot about golf....Tiger uses the SASQUATCH not the Sumo...the square driver is made for higher handicappers....WOW

OK for one there are two verisions of the Sumo-The Sumo and the Sumo2 (squre). What I am talking about is the Sumo-NOT the square-headed one. Those I know are made for high-handicappers. I've swung an Affinity squarehead just to see what it was like and it feels absolutely horrible for me. They are definately made for slower swing speeds.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby asiantangy99 » Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:57 pm

chevyman11 wrote:
Knight55 wrote:
asiantangy99 wrote:
chevyman11 wrote:

OK for one there are two verisions of the Sumo-The Sumo and the Sumo2 (squre). What I am talking about is the Sumo-NOT the square-headed one. Those I know are made for high-handicappers. I've swung an Affinity squarehead just to see what it was like and it feels absolutely horrible for me. They are definately made for slower swing speeds.

ya and besides does anyone in pro golf use a square driver i dont think so, its basically for people who cant generate enough speed on thier drive so they have to have a bigger club face and heavier head.
asiantangy99
NDPreps Starter

Postby porter_55 » Tue May 06, 2008 10:32 am

K.J. Choi uses the sumo square, and he is the number 8 player in the world, and he is not the only one
porter_55

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu May 08, 2008 10:26 pm

Tiger Woods uses a "one of a kind" driver that you nor I could find anywhere else but inside his golf bag. So it's hard to say what kind of driver he hits. Nike golf is still way behind, whatever tiger hits is custom one of a kind. Correct?
bigpoppakdog

Postby chevyman11 » Mon May 12, 2008 10:22 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Tiger Woods uses a "one of a kind" driver that you nor I could find anywhere else but inside his golf bag. So it's hard to say what kind of driver he hits. Nike golf is still way behind, whatever tiger hits is custom one of a kind. Correct?

Yes it's definitely one of a kind. While looking at new irons this weekend the salesman said that Nike hasn't been in the market long enough to test/change/test their products and are a ways behind...even though I am still completely satisfied with my SQ Sumo.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby ratman » Fri Jan 15, 2010 1:00 pm

Nikes struggle period the burner is the best and Tiger could play what he want hes a man
ratman
NDPreps All-Conference

Return to Golf