Economic Stimulus?

All other topics other than sports related.

Economic Stimulus?

Postby AC-DC » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:30 pm

Is it just me or does anyone else feel insulted by the upcoming Economic Stimulus Payment? Do our polititions think we're so naive that we'll believe a $600 payment, to buy Chinese garbage from Walmart, is a good way to stimulate the economy? Wouldn't it have been a better idea to reduce taxes and federal spending in the first place?

To a lesser degree, this applies to the ND Property Tax Relief Credit. They've already got the money, why not do something useful with it or reduce future taxes instead of just giving it away.

This may not be the right forum for this topic, but I just got my payment notice in the mail and had to vent.
It may not be the end of the world, but you can see it from here!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Economic Stimulus?

Postby Wild Wolves » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:14 pm

I agree to a certain extent but then again you don't have to spend it on Chinesse crap, you could hire a day laborer here illegally to do some work for you instead :)

I personally am going to pay off bills and then take my money that won't be spent on bills and go to Canada for a nice vacation. :)
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby AC-DC » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:46 am

We'll probably spend ours on a vacation to Europe we had planned previously. Unfortunately, the $1200 we'll get for a family won't even pay for one flight. Looks like Northwest Airlines will get the lot! Any idea how much of that actually stays in the US?
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby shs01240 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:24 pm

so did anybody else receive a completely useless flyer from the IRS informing us that we are going to benefit from the stimulus package? Talk about a waste of federal dollars.
I never blame myself when I'm not hitting. I just blame the bat and if it keeps up, I change bats. After all, if I know it isn't my fault that I'm not hitting, how can I get mad at myself?
-Yogi Berra
shs01240
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Wild Wolves » Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:28 pm

yep got mine and giggled, I could of had an extra 85 cents if they just sent it with my normal return.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby AC-DC » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:35 am

shs01240 wrote:so did anybody else receive a completely useless flyer from the IRS informing us that we are going to benefit from the stimulus package? Talk about a waste of federal dollars.

That's part of what started the rant. The kids just got theirs as well, telling them they didn't make enough money last year slinging pizzas so they're not getting anything. Probably shouldn't point out to them that families get an extra $600 or they may want their cut!
AC-DC
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby John Cena » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:41 pm

Bad idea. What gives these Presidents the rights to place the burden of paying this debt off on me, and my posterity? How are Americans supposed to be responisble with their money when the Government isn't?
IF YOU SMELL WHAT THE KING IS COOKIN'
John Cena
NDPreps Starter

Postby inky » Wed Sep 09, 2009 10:41 am

AC-DC wrote:Is it just me or does anyone else feel insulted by the upcoming Economic Stimulus Payment? Do our polititions think we're so naive that we'll believe a $600 payment, to buy Chinese garbage from Walmart, is a good way to stimulate the economy? Wouldn't it have been a better idea to reduce taxes and federal spending in the first place?

To a lesser degree, this applies to the ND Property Tax Relief Credit. They've already got the money, why not do something useful with it or reduce future taxes instead of just giving it away.

This may not be the right forum for this topic, but I just got my payment notice in the mail and had to vent.

Okay Clint
Favrein to Harvin!
inky
NDPreps Starter

Return to gaming, movies, tv, local stories