Upcoming Soccer Players

Re: Upcoming Soccer Players

Postby GFRR99 » Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:09 pm

goalie from century. tall and athletic. could be the best high school goalie next year
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby munson11 » Sun Mar 16, 2008 10:47 pm

I really wish I could have played for a team in Fargo, or someplace that had an actual program.

I'm sure very few of you actually know, but Oakes, ND has had a soccer program for some time now. I played goalkeeper for God knows how long there, but unfortunately the team was completely full of 7th & 8th graders who weren't cut out for their football. I lived in LaMoure and drove 30 miles each way for practices because I absolutely loved the sport.

I'm curious though, do players who are in Class A get any scouts or anything? Our team usually played the JV teams from Fargo South/North, Moorhead, Grand Forks, and Jamestown's varsity, so scouts were never at the games.

I had a decent career: My senior year I had 201 saves, or about a 90% save percentage. My defense I was trying to teach weren't exactly top of the line, but I know there were tons of things I could have done better. Anyways my numbers my senior year were about the same as the past seasons.

It would have been nice to play with some teams that had a little bit more recognition to them. I would have loved to see how I could have fared with a little better program in front of me and a more competitive opponent.
munson11

Postby blob » Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:41 pm

munson11 wrote:I really wish I could have played for a team in Fargo, or someplace that had an actual program.

I'm sure very few of you actually know, but Oakes, ND has had a soccer program for some time now. I played goalkeeper for God knows how long there, but unfortunately the team was completely full of 7th & 8th graders who weren't cut out for their football. I lived in LaMoure and drove 30 miles each way for practices because I absolutely loved the sport.

I'm curious though, do players who are in Class A get any scouts or anything? Our team usually played the JV teams from Fargo South/North, Moorhead, Grand Forks, and Jamestown's varsity, so scouts were never at the games.

I had a decent career: My senior year I had 201 saves, or about a 90% save percentage. My defense I was trying to teach weren't exactly top of the line, but I know there were tons of things I could have done better. Anyways my numbers my senior year were about the same as the past seasons.

It would have been nice to play with some teams that had a little bit more recognition to them. I would have loved to see how I could have fared with a little better program in front of me and a more competitive opponent.

No, North Dakota soccer is pretty bad.

I do remember as a freshman seeing Oakes and several of them had jean shorts while playing the game. Gave me a laugh. I know last year you played WFs JV2 so I have to assume you played everyone elses JV2 also.

Edit- I take that back, the Jamestown goalie phil boeger or something of that nature had a few scouts looking at him, since he played with the national team a few years back, but other than him its pretty bare.
blob
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bin128 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 6:19 pm

I've watched a lot of HS soccer over the years, and only seen a handful of college coaches at games to scout, those all being in state. For guys, nearby options now limited to U Mary, Jamestown (new NAIA program), and Concordia.

Phil Boerger was widely recruited by DI schools, and chose U of Evansville. However, rest assured, it was not because of ND HS soccer. He was scouted at Olympic Development Program events around the country, including Adidas ESP, which he attended twice (top 130 HS players in the country invited).

Every year, though, there are a number of ND players good enough to play NAIA, DIII, or DII. 2008 is no exception. Unfortunately, not too many choose to do it.
bin128
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GFRR99 » Sat Mar 22, 2008 2:03 pm

next years soccer teams are gonna be way down talent wise compared to this past years. the current junior class could be the weakest in nd history. almost every team loses all there key players with the exception of south. although the current sophomore class has good talent
GFRR99
NDPreps All-State

Postby formersoccerplayer » Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:16 pm

St. Mary's has this freshman kid named Patrick Fernandes. A magician with the ball at his feet, I saw him play club soccer for Bismarck.

Too bad St. Mary's has him chasing the ball most of the time...he would be much more productive in a different position.

BHS started some Bismarck club kids as well.

WF has a freshman, Jacob (I think) Kroke who is pretty good and strong on the ball. Looked legit at East-West.

Anybody notice anyone else since the beginning of the season? I am living out East so I haven't seen the West at all since East-West.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby formersoccerplayer » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:02 pm

State Tourney this week.

We will get to see how the younger players perform under intense pressure.
formersoccerplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Track66 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 5:38 pm

patrick fernandez of st marys, mr soccer in 2011.
Track66
NDPreps Rookie

Postby 1athelete » Tue Oct 14, 2008 10:41 pm

BHS has 3 seniors (one in goal), 2 juniors, and the rest sophomores and freshman on the varsity team this year. im pretty sure all (or almost all) of the freshman and sophomore players played for capital city or nodak in bismarck.
1athelete
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Soccer