Fishing

All other important sports and activities.
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Postby Claz B Fan » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:40 am

Yeah Great idea :down:
Claz B Fan
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:15 am

Fishing will never become a school sport.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby syracuse_10 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:57 am

Saucesauer wrote:Bobby Jo Anderson won $1,000,000 in the mcdonalds monoply game that is now going to be a televised sport on the health channel because you can win money

Patty Higgins just won $75,000 for splling hot coffee on herself at wendys i believe they are looking for participants in court cases this year it is the new extreme sport

Seriously just because you can win money does not make it a sport 

Rumor has it that the ND Powerball lottery will become a sport in the near future. Only students of 18 years of age can participate. The school will give each team member $10 to spend on Lottery tickets. The top 5 lottery ticket number pickers will be on varsity, and the rest will be on JV.
syracuse_10
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Ming01 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:45 pm

Lol,  that would be fun.
Ming01
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wild Wolves » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:03 am

I will be waiting for a check from Cindy.  Since I posted this concept on May 3rd long before her article.  I suppose plagiarism will become a sport.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4for4 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:05 pm

When someone can give me an accurate definition of a sport, then we we'll argue. Until then, opinions will be opinions.
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby NATURAL TALENT » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:53 pm

sport   Image ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (spôrt, spImagert)
n.
    1. Physical activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively.
    2. A particular form of this activity.
  1. An activity involving physical exertion and skill that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often undertaken competitively.
  2. An active pastime; recreation.
[/*]

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/sport

NATURAL TALENT
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4for4 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:58 pm

So physical activity with a set of rules or customs, therefore, fishing AND golf would both be considered sports...
4for4
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:50 am

4for4 wrote:So physical activity with a set of rules or customs, therefore, fishing AND golf would both be considered sports...

Going by that, then video gaming is just as much a sport as fishing.
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDSportsFan » Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:02 am

I would call it a sport.   But there are some sports that don't combine athletics.  I wouldn't call fishing, chess, spelling bee's, or even darts athletics however.
NDSportsFan
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:47 am

Looks like trap shooting is going to be a sport. Just got this from a buddy of mine in Game and Fish

Shooting for recognition
[font=Times New Roman, Times, serif][size=17]HOPKINS, Minn. – “Pull,â€Â
only shot at NDpreps HOF: Veterans committee

moderator m/o:your moral compass

http://viewfromthecrowsnest.blogspot.com/
point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Saucesauer » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:35 pm

ndplayer wrote:
4for4 wrote:So physical activity with a set of rules or customs, therefore, fishing AND golf would both be considered sports...

Not so because in video games you can enter CHEAT codes therfore not following the set rules
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bballer2 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:43 pm

Saucesauer wrote:
ndplayer wrote:

Not so because in video games you can enter CHEAT codes therfore not following the set rules
but if not cheats are entered it is then considered a sport?
bballer2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Saucesauer » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:16 pm

to be honest when you look at all the crap going on with sports (steriods, viking boat rides,duke lacrosse,betting Mrs. Gretzky) I believe that pro athletics are so watered down that anyone could play them so i guess what iam trying to say is nintendo eating poker fishing golf all have to be considered sports to some extent and i think it just has to be left at that
Saucesauer
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Ditka14 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:54 am

One thing you guys never touched at all with this whole FISHING a high school sport is that where is the funding going to come from within the schools. Boats are not cheap at all means. Rods, Reals, Tackel, Depth finders, license, insurance, I work at a boat dealer in bismarck. Where a new decent fishing boat is at a minimum 16,000 all the way to 45,000. Where does a kid in high school afford a reliable boat do accually compete in. Of course they could buy an old one, but then when problems start happening with motors it like any other recreational activity there not always going to be reliable. So this hole thing is far fetch with this whole high school fishing teams. And if anyone knows sakawea there are places all over there where you have dead areas what if these kids break down thats a HUGE lake!!

Not realistic but it would be cool
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:42 am

still dont understand how you can say golf is not a sport?
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby point/center » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:26 pm

last time I checked football fields, gyms and basketball courts were not cheap. I don't see how a couple boats is that big of a deal? Fact is many tackled companys and boat manufactueres already give state agencies FREE equipment for schools.

next

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby boysbballfan » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:12 am

I think this whole argument is stupid noone is going to change their mind so let people have their own opinions and quit arguing.
"If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?"
--Vince Lombardi
boysbballfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndplayer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:25 am

boysbballfan wrote:I think this whole argument is stupid noone is going to change their mind so let people have their own opinions and quit arguing.

then what is the point of this site?
ndplayer
NDPreps Starter

Postby Ditka14 » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:57 pm

point/center wrote:last time I checked football fields, gyms and basketball courts were not cheap. I don't see how a couple boats is that big of a deal? Fact is many tackled companys and boat manufactueres already give state agencies FREE equipment for schools.

next

thats just one point, when does the field or gym floors brake down. Boats are not reliable at all mean gym floors and grass fields are a lot more reliable. this would be an everyday thing with the gas prices how could they afford to hold practice with going out everyday to fish, i was out this weekend and i went through 35 gallons up at lake sakawea in 2 days which cost me 101 dollars. game and fish is different then a school and they don't get free boats they get discounted boats by the way.
its okay.....
Ditka14
NDPreps All-State

Postby Ping Pong » Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:58 am

Im pretty sure video gaming IS a sport and it takes more skill than fishing. im sorry but to be a good fisherman, u have to have time, patience, and worms. it doesn't take much more than that.
Ping Pong

Postby point/center » Thu Nov 16, 2006 8:04 am

go fish

point/center
NDPreps Legend

Postby Brady Langan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:53 pm

fishing requires some hand eye cordination to cast accurately
Brady Langan

Postby Brady Langan » Tue Apr 10, 2007 5:53 pm

fishing requires some hand eye cordination to cast accurately
Brady Langan

Postby klg_11 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:36 pm

point/center wrote:go fish

a good quote but not quite as good as on i heard one morning after chattin with UBER a mand said to me, " Fish On'

i believe that man was point/center
klg_11

PreviousNext

Return to Other Sports