Postby flyn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:47 pm

Grand Forks will win it
flyn

Re: State Tournament

Postby #18 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:16 am

no four peat

Postby gfhockey » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:26 pm

What are the seedings? Where is state at?
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:03 pm

gfhockey wrote:What are the seedings? Where is state at?

Mayville, at Kim Braaten Areana!!
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:13 pm

Grand Forks Stallions won 8-3 over Watford City.
The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of will.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby cubsfan » Fri Feb 29, 2008 8:13 pm

Fargo Flyers 5 May-Port Ice Dawgs 1. May-Port had 20 minutes worth of penalty minutes.
-Vincent T. Lombardi
cubsfan
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby baseball11 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 5:57 pm

Heard Walsh County lost to Grand Forks.

Flyers up 2-1 in the second period against Langdon.
baseball11

Postby baseball11 » Sat Mar 01, 2008 7:14 pm

Langdon Blades beat the Fargo Flyers 6-5.
baseball11

Postby baseball11 » Sun Mar 02, 2008 5:41 pm

It appears the Stallions will win the Jr Gold Championship. As of now they are winning 7 to 1.
baseball11

Postby Sioux4ever » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:06 am

baseball11 wrote:It appears the Stallions will win the Jr Gold Championship. As of now they are winning 7 to 1.

Congratulations to the Grand Forks Stallions. Knowing a few parents on their team, they were pumped going into the state tournament by getting Walsh County as the #1 seed and seeing them as a semifinal opponent.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby flyn » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:54 pm

I told you all grand forks would win easily cause they got chipped all year an finally got a fair reffing and had all its players together for the first time
flyn

Postby dcs01 » Mon Mar 03, 2008 5:33 pm

congrates to the stallions they definatly deserved to win that game
dcs01
NDPreps Reserve

Postby PondHockey14 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:17 am

flyn wrote:I told you all grand forks would win easily cause they got chipped all year an finally got a fair reffing and had all its players together for the first time

I don't know if I would say that they got "chipped" all year... but one thing is for certain, they did derserve to win. Cosidering they beat the #1 seed, and flew by Langdon (which beat #2 seed). Congrats to them and their organization. They showed up to play and they did
PondHockey14

Postby partyof4 » Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:32 pm

What do u mean 1st time GF Stallions had all its players altogether?? Their bench sure seemed bigger and different than before?!
partyof4

Postby WPower » Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:22 pm

not trying to start anything but i heard that gf had people on the bench that were not on the roster, i'm not saying that this contributed to their championship, i'm just stating what i heard.
WPower
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sioux4ever » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:32 pm

WPower wrote:not trying to start anything but i heard that gf had people on the bench that were not on the roster, i'm not saying that this contributed to their championship, i'm just stating what i heard.

Every team is checked in to the tournament. If they were not on the roster, they wouldn't have been playing. How would you come across this information? Is it because they played their best hockey at the right time of the year? Very false information.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby LB22 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:06 am

Sioux4ever wrote:Every team is checked in to the tournament. If they were not on the roster, they wouldn't have been playing

If that was the case and if everyone was checked in, then why did they stop the game between Stallions and Walsh County just because Jevin Dahl came late and no one believed he was on the roster?
LB22

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Mar 05, 2008 12:30 am

LB22 wrote:
Sioux4ever wrote:Every team is checked in to the tournament. If they were not on the roster, they wouldn't have been playing

If that was the case and if everyone was checked in, then why did they stop the game between Stallions and Walsh County just because Jevin Dahl came late and no one believed he was on the roster?

I guess I do not know. It could be something very simple. There are G.F. Stallions posters on this site, they may know why. Maybe if he showed up late, they were questioning if he was able to just jump into the game, I do not know. Maybe someone with information can fill in.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeyman7 » Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:58 pm

GF didn't win easily. Walsh County took them to a one goal game. If one of Walsh's defensemen hadn't gotten hurt in the first 15 secs. i think it might have been a different game. As soon as he came back, Walsh started making their comeback, they just ran out of time. Im not taking anything away from the Stallions, they came to play at state and they had a heck of a tournament.
hockeyman7

Postby Sioux4ever » Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:52 pm

hockeyman7 wrote:GF didn't win easily. Walsh County took them to a one goal game. If one of Walsh's defensemen hadn't gotten hurt in the first 15 secs. i think it might have been a different game. As soon as he came back, Walsh started making their comeback, they just ran out of time. Im not taking anything away from the Stallions, they came to play at state and they had a heck of a tournament.

I've read a number of the posts on here. There is always a reason why Walsh County lost because of players missing. Other teams have players missing. They are not on here making excuses. From the sounds of it, without the stellar play of their goalie throughout the season, they are an average team.
Sioux4ever
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby hockeychick » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:25 pm

Did anyone else have flashbacks on last years state tournament with the Flyers and Langdon. Tied 5-5 and then 4 overtimes. It looked like it was going to be a replay.
But I was just wondering what happened to Langdon in the championship game this year?
Great job Grand Forks!
hockeychick

Postby hockeychick » Wed Mar 05, 2008 11:31 pm

scc wrote:
cubsfan wrote:Fargo Flyers 5 May-Port Ice Dawgs 1. May-Port had 20 minutes worth of penalty minutes.

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the Flyers only had one power play goal, even though there were ten May-Port penalites. The Flyers only had a single penalty in the game.

Does it matter that the Flyers had only one power play goal? Isn't it more impressive that they scored 4 goals 5 on 5. They scored enough to win.
hockeychick

Next

Return to NDAHA