GBB Tompson or the Field

Class A Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

GBB Tompson or the Field

Postby ballernd » Fri Oct 13, 2023 10:48 am

Can anyone compete with Thompson on the Girls side?
ballernd
NDPreps Reserve

Re: GBB Tompson or the Field

Postby WalkingStick » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:22 am

ballernd wrote:Can anyone compete with Thompson on the Girls side?

Wahpeton will be pretty solid; Scout Woods is a force in the paint.

Turtle Mountain & Watford City should be competitive with getting out of the large class...they played competitive games against some good WDA teams last year

As much as I'm a fan of Thompson, I'd go field...cause upsets are more likely in GBB
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby packers21 » Fri Oct 13, 2023 11:30 am

I would also take the field here
It is a little harder to motivate kids I guess because they’ve been pampered so much. We’re in the trophy generation, give ‘em a trophy for 23rd place, make ‘em feel good. Make mom and dad feel good.” Tom Izzo, Michigan State Basketball
packers21
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Oct 13, 2023 2:41 pm

Does Thompson have any size returning this year? I think they will find the middle division a lot more competitive than class B and struggle a bit. I am definitely taking the field.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Flip » Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:54 pm

ballernd wrote:Can anyone compete with Thompson on the Girls side?

I think Thompson will be preseason #1, but I'm not sure they should be. I kind of like DL. A few teams in the new middle class would have beaten DL last year, but it won't be as easy this year. They're just going to have a lot more depth than anyone else IMO.

ndlionsfan wrote:Does Thompson have any size returning this year? I think they will find the middle division a lot more competitive than class B and struggle a bit. I am definitely taking the field.

Brenna Martin started last year as a post. Tozer came off the bench she was an undersized post player and played on the wing as well. They have a post player with a knee brace that will get some minutes. I can't remember her name.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls