Epping factor

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Epping factor

Postby old lineman » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:57 pm

I saw this mentioned in a post and I believe this best describes nd class b sports. The night that Eddie became the well dressed mustached villain in nd
old lineman
NDPreps All-Conference

Re: Epping factor

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:18 pm

Sorry lineman, but it does nothing to describe Class B anymore. Three parochials and a former A in the state boys, and two of the biggest playing for the ship in the girls.

Oh, and I'm laughing out loud at the post about this being the year that the B girls could compete with the A girls. It shows what redic levels the B apologists will stretch reality to convince us that everything is A-OK just like it always has been.

Exposed.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:48 pm

heimer wrote:Sorry lineman, but it does nothing to describe Class B anymore. Three parochials and a former A in the state boys, and two of the biggest playing for the ship in the girls.

Oh, and I'm laughing out loud at the post about this being the year that the B girls could compete with the A girls. It shows what redic levels the B apologists will stretch reality to convince us that everything is A-OK just like it always has been.

Exposed.

I understand you are a class A guy, but if you are gonna rip on class B then why even post about it?
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:52 pm

Because it's up to someone around here to be dedicated to the truth and sift through the rest. And if Class B'ers are gonna run around saying their product is as good as A, then they can expect to be challenged on it. A lot. Over and over again.

Don't like it? Get a mod to ban me. Happens all the time.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Wild Wolves » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:55 pm

The only thing you appear to be dedicated to is being an flame baiting bafoon.

One on every board and you all stink.

I hope this clarifies since the board automatically creates a "G" version.
Last edited by Wild Wolves on Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wild Wolves
NDPreps All-State

Postby heimer » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Um......what?
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby gobison#6 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 am

heimer wrote:Because it's up to someone around here to be dedicated to the truth and sift through the rest. And if Class B'ers are gonna run around saying their product is as good as A, then they can expect to be challenged on it. A lot. Over and over again.

O I'm not gonna complain. Its your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just don't see why it bugs you so much that people who are big class B people think so highly of class B.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:33 am

heimer wrote:Sorry lineman, but it does nothing to describe Class B anymore. Three parochials and a former A in the state boys, and two of the biggest playing for the ship in the girls.

Exposed.

The smallest school in the boys tournament won the tournament. The girls tournament has good big/small balance and no parochial schools.

Glass half empty or half full?
Last edited by Bisonguy06 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:36 am

gobison#6 wrote:
heimer wrote:Because it's up to someone around here to be dedicated to the truth and sift through the rest. And if Class B'ers are gonna run around saying their product is as good as A, then they can expect to be challenged on it. A lot. Over and over again.

O I'm not gonna complain. Its your opinion and you are entitled to it. I just don't see why it bugs you so much that people who are big class B people think so highly of class B.

The truly laughable thing about heimer is that on one hand, he belittles class B every chance he gets. On the other hand, he has been BEGGING for something, anything, any solution that would move Valley City out of A and down a level in competition.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby bballfan7 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:02 am

Bisonguy06 wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:

The truly laughable thing about heimer is that on one hand, he belittles class B every chance he gets. On the other hand, he has been BEGGING for something, anything, any solution that would move Valley City out of A and down a level in competition.

Yeah last year when Valley was in B i dont remember him complaining much about B.
bballfan7
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby heimer » Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:41 am

Yeah, the expansion of Class A, which is what I've advocated, really would move Valley down a class. You guys are pathetic. You'll go to any length to sell your crap that B is the greatest thing ever. Keep it coming. These two state tournaments have completely exposed B for what it is, and we all see it.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:36 am

In your plan, Valley City would be playing lesser competition in its regular season and state qualifying tourney.
Last edited by Bisonguy06 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 8:44 am

heimer wrote:Yeah, the expansion of Class A, which is what I've advocated, really would move Valley down a class. You guys are pathetic. You'll go to any length to sell your crap that B is the greatest thing ever. Keep it coming. These two state tournaments have completely exposed B for what it is, and we all see it.

Class B has been exposed for what it is... Ha ha... I am not sure what this even means, but I think we all see that class B is a competitive level of basketball with good athletes, great history and rich tradition. It's not perfect, it's not the prodigal son. Yes, class A teams are bigger, faster, stronger, deeper. The top tier teams are at a higher level. I have always ceded that point.

Both are enjoyable to watch. Is that so hard to admit, heimer? Can a guy like both, or do we have to pick one and rip the other to shreds at every opportunity?
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDplayin » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:13 pm

heimer wrote:Because it's up to someone around here to be dedicated to the truth and sift through the rest.

Really Heimer... you wanna go down this road again? Just let me know and we can have another go around about truth (and not your version of truth which is picking and choosing only the rare specifics that back up your argument and ignoring the rest, but cold hard statistical truth), or maybe you would prefer to talk about logical fallacies... I find it hard to believe you want to go down that road again.
Last edited by NDplayin on Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NDplayin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Bisonguy06 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Heimer himself has been exposed for what he is. I'd describe him as the "glass is half empty" guy, but I wouldn't be giving him enough credit. On any class B topic, he is the guy who will try to convince you that the half full glass is completely empty.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby NDplayin » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:52 pm

I will ignore all the propaganda and the narrow, selective vision in those two sentences, for now anyway.

Question to anyone who is reading: Could we have an "Epping Factor" is we hadn't had a Hillsboro?
NDplayin
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby The Schwab » Sun Mar 20, 2011 6:47 pm

heimer wrote:Yeah, the expansion of Class A, which is what I've advocated, really would move Valley down a class. You guys are pathetic. You'll go to any length to sell your crap that B is the greatest thing ever. Keep it coming. These two state tournaments have completely exposed B for what it is, and we all see it.

Well I will eat some crow, I thought the quality of this state tournament would be better than what it was. A couple teams really impressed me that I wasn't expecting to play as well as they did. The two that played their best basketball in this tournament were the Carrington Cardinals and the Linton-HMB Lions. Carrington is a very skilled team who avenged 2 of their losses en-route to the state title (they didn't get a shot at beach but I feel they would have controlled them like they did every one else in this tournament. How can you not be impressed with them? Linton wasn't given much of a shot by anyone (including myself) but they impressed me with the way they played defense and showed patience with the ball (if they would have shot it as well against CC as they did last night they would have been playing for a title. Central Cass played well for almost the whole tournament, that Breske girl is something special, look out for her in the coming years. Also the middle Henningsgard from CV was very fun to watch (I am just telling you this because I had a chance to watch her in the afternoon games on Saturday and I'm sure you weren't there), she will be tough to defend the next 2 years. Honestly the state didn't get to see the best out of some of the teams there, but that happens. Does that mean class A is better than B or vice versa? No it doesn't, I would say the quality of play was about the same at both tournaments, just my thoughts.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls