Miss Basketball Re-Visited

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Miss Basketball Re-Visited

Postby turnip » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:41 pm

Now that the Class B Girls Tournament is over, and Class A well underway, who will be the picks for Miss Basketball? There was a list of girls circulating a few weeks ago but a lot of people were waiting until after the Class B tourney to name their picks. We know it's up to the media but what are people thinking?
turnip
NDPreps Rookie

Re: Miss Basketball Re-Visited

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:59 pm

In my opinion if anyone wins it from class b this year it will be benz from kidder county. Not sure what class A brings to the table though.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby GBBFan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:26 pm

[quote="ndfan"]In my opinion if anyone wins it from class b this year it will be benz from kidder county. Not sure what class A brings to the table though.[/quote

Eli Benz is a great BB Player but I think there is some stiff competition in the state especially from the west - Region 7 to be specific Bohrer, Opp, Sadowsky, Hardy are all heavy contenders from the class B...
GBBFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:21 pm

GBBFan wrote:
ndfan wrote:In my opinion if anyone wins it from class b this year it will be benz from kidder county. Not sure what class A brings to the table though.[/quote

Eli Benz is a great BB Player but I think there is some stiff competition in the state especially from the west - Region 7 to be specific Bohrer, Opp, Sadowsky, Hardy are all heavy contenders from the class B...

I'm just going off the fact that she (Benz) was named class B senior player of the year. Has there ever been a class B player that won Miss Basketball, but didn't win class B player of the year?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby live.for.this » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:28 pm

what about casey Geffre? Region 1
live.for.this
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:47 pm

live.for.this wrote:what about casey Geffre? Region 1

NO...not for Ms. Basketball
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:49 pm

I think the candidates will be Benz (KC), Bohrer (Hazen), and Heier (Ray) from Class B, and Burck (South), Buck (Century), and Peterson (Century) from Class A. Burck should win this year, and her teammate will be a candidate next year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby goldeneagle12 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:07 pm

scoobyx2, great pics, those 3 class B had girls had great careers and well deserving. Its also nice too here someone give credit to the west girls. It is really hard to get noticed out here. All great candidates, just to bad Heier ( Ray) never made a state tourney really fun to watch, on both ends of the court and they did not have a good enough team (really young) so most teams defended her with 2 and sometime 3 players, and on defense she always defended the other teams best player. Very unselfish too, she only took about 15 shots a game. She should do well at Williston state next year play with a really good team.
goldeneagle12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby turnip » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:20 pm

Congratulations, Eli Benz - the 2009-2010 Miss Basketball. Somebody on one of these posts said Eli brings "class to the game" and she does.

Any one of the five girls nominated was deserving. Congratulations to all of the girls basketball players - both Class A and Class B - for providing us with great entertainment this season!
turnip
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Dan Holiday » Sun Mar 14, 2010 11:02 am

Eli Benz is a very classy young lady, and she's got just about the longest hair I've ever seen. She comes from great roots, her Dad was a great basketball player at Bismarck St. Marys
Dan Holiday
NDPreps Rookie

Postby turnip » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:09 pm

Eli's dad, Miles (Buck) was a great all-around athlete at Bismarck St. Mary's in the early 1980's. He was one of the best football players to ever come out of any of the Bismarck schools - powerful and extremely quick. Her uncle Larry was one of the best basketball players in the state in the mid 1970's, also out of Bismarck St. Mary's - cat-like moves and a vertical jump unbelievable for his height. So, yes, she has "great roots"!
turnip
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Bulls Fan » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:28 pm

She really was a great high school player, does anyone know where she is playing college ball at
Bulls Fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jun 17, 2010 2:30 pm

Bulls Fan wrote:She really was a great high school player, does anyone know where she is playing college ball at

She is going to Gustavus Adolphus (Division III; MIAC)

http://www.bismarcktribune.com/sports/c ... 03286.html
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Return to Girls