2010-2011 State Favorites

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2010-2011 State Favorites

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:22 am

Since the 2009-2010 season is complete (Congrats to the Beach Buccanears!).

Who does everyone think the favorites are for each region...

1-
2-
3-
4-
5-
6-
7-
8-
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: 2010-2011 State Favorites

Postby sportsfan10 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:28 am

you probably have to say Carrington for region 4. great team, only losing one key player in kali kurtz.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby toddjames » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:41 pm

I think we'll see quite a few from this year's tournament back next year.. I think Central Cass (Region 1), Thompson (Region 2), Carrington (Region 4) Standing Rock (Region 5) and Beach (Region 7) all bring back quite a bit and have a great shot at a return trip... I think Regions 6 and 8 will be wide open for someone to take over next season...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby old#63 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:48 pm

toddjames wrote:I think we'll see quite a few from this year's tournament back next year.. I think Central Cass (Region 1), Thompson (Region 2), Carrington (Region 4) Standing Rock (Region 5) and Beach (Region 7) all bring back quite a bit and have a great shot at a return trip... I think Regions 6 and 8 will be wide open for someone to take over next season...

I don't agree that Thompson is a clear favorite in Region 2. They bring back young girls, but so do several others. Grafton (runner up) only loses one girl. Central Valley (state ranked this year) brings back their whole team. Region 2 is gonna be just as competative next year as it was this year.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby toddjames » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:33 pm

old#63 wrote:
toddjames wrote:I think we'll see quite a few from this year's tournament back next year.. I think Central Cass (Region 1), Thompson (Region 2), Carrington (Region 4) Standing Rock (Region 5) and Beach (Region 7) all bring back quite a bit and have a great shot at a return trip... I think Regions 6 and 8 will be wide open for someone to take over next season...

I don't agree that Thompson is a clear favorite in Region 2. They bring back young girls, but so do several others. Grafton (runner up) only loses one girl. Central Valley (state ranked this year) brings back their whole team. Region 2 is gonna be just as competative next year as it was this year.

Didn't say they would be the clear favorite, I said they have a great shot at a return trip to state... they had 3 eighth graders play a ton at the state tournament and when you are the defending Region Champion and bring back the state tournament experience, I think you can be considered as having good shot at returning... again I never said clear favorite...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby CHS09 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:55 pm

I would say Central Cass would be a favorite. Beach has three good kids coming back and Carrington really played well last night vs Standing rock.
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby old#63 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:12 pm

toddjames wrote:
old#63 wrote:

Didn't say they would be the clear favorite, I said they have a great shot at a return trip to state... they had 3 eighth graders play a ton at the state tournament and when you are the defending Region Champion and bring back the state tournament experience, I think you can be considered as having good shot at returning... again I never said clear favorite...

Agreed
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Nike » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:32 pm

I think Kidder County is out of race these next couple years for Region 3. I feel like Linton-HMB or Napoleon could take this region.
Nike
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 242 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:56 am

Thompson had 4 eighth graders that saw significant playing time. Jennifer will be back, she had a quiet tournament but has big games. Whitney will be back, she is a extremely good player. She might have been slowed a little bit at state because she played over half the tournament with 7 stitches in the webbing of her fingers on her right (shooting) hand.
That said, their Region has a lot of competition! I would imagine it would be quite the challenge for any team to win regionals let alone to pick a clear favorite.
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndakotasports94 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:40 am

Central Cass should have a good chance to repeat as Region 1 champs. Only lose two starters (return Kraft, Dixon, Breske) and the rest of the Region just won't be able to compete
Last edited by ndakotasports94 on Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ndakotasports94
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:54 am

ndakotasports94 wrote:Central Cass should have a good chance to repeat as Region 1 champs. Only lose one starter (return Kraft, Dixon, Breske, Roesler) and the rest of the Region just won't be able to compete

Central Cass will be a favorite, but I would keep an eye on Oak Grove in Region 1. They have a young team, and a great new coach. They really improved throughout the year, and became a team of interest at tournament time.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Mar 09, 2010 12:01 pm

I think Standing Rock is the favorite out of Region 5. Shauna Long knows what it takes to get back to the State Tournament. Standing Rock is losing some seniors, but they weren't really a factor. Ryan White Bull, Sadie Agard, and Becky American Horse are all still returning. They have some good freshmen, and some good juniors. So yeah, Standing Rock, i say will be coming out of this Region for sure!
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:57 pm

ndakotasports94 wrote:Central Cass should have a good chance to repeat as Region 1 champs. Only lose one starter (return Kraft, Dixon, Breske, Roesler) and the rest of the Region just won't be able to compete

Actually Kami Roesler is a senior, so we are losing both her and Madison Gegleman. Both were solid role players but not the big scorers. Lots of upcoming talent here as well...
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:31 am

Nike wrote:I think Kidder County is out of race these next couple years for Region 3. I feel like Linton-HMB or Napoleon could take this region.

I think your right on with this one, I think those 2 teams will be the clear cut favorites.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Wildcat » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Region 1 - Central Cass should repeat
Region 2 - Thompson, Grafton, Central Valley, what a great region next year. Nobody will be able to rest easy at any point. It's gonna be a battle.
Region 3 - Napoleon or Linton, but certainly not Kidder Co. as they lose a lot to graduation
Region 4 - Carrington should repeat (returns four starters and some bench players)
Region 5 - Standing Rock should repeat
Region 6 - I think Kenmare will repeat as they return Katie King and two more starters and Lexi Munson will jump into the starting lineup after being their sixth man, but Westhope could be there, Our Redeemer's and Surrey return 4 starters from very good teams. Velva and Rugby will also be very good.
Region 7 - Beach should repeat, but Killdeer, Trinity could be right on their heels.
Region 8 - When it's all said and done, I think Stanley will repeat as their big girls are young and they have their point guard back in what isn't an overly competitive region. Look for Watford City to be a big factor. I think they return four starters. Divide County and Tioga will be good as well.
Wildcat
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Wildcat wrote:Region 1 - Central Cass should repeat
Region 2 - Thompson, Grafton, Central Valley, what a great region next year. Nobody will be able to rest easy at any point. It's gonna be a battle.
Region 3 - Napoleon or Linton, but certainly not Kidder Co. as they lose a lot to graduation
Region 4 - Carrington should repeat (returns four starters and some bench players)
Region 6 - I think Kenmare will repeat as they return Katie King and two more starters and Lexi Munson will jump into the starting lineup after being their sixth man, but Westhope could be there, Our Redeemer's and Surrey return 4 starters from very good teams. Velva and Rugby will also be very good.
Region 7 - Beach should repeat, but Killdeer, Trinity could be right on their heels.
Region 8 - When it's all said and done, I think Stanley will repeat as their big girls are young and they have their point guard back in what isn't an overly competitive region. Look for Watford City to be a big factor. I think they return four starters. Divide County and Tioga will be good as well.

Bishop Ryan will be MUCH inproved next year. One of their best players was hit by a car before the season so she couldn't play til distrcits. She was only a sophmore. And IMO their best player was the 8th grader. They won't go to state but I think they'll contend as much as Our Redeemers and Surrey will.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby GBBFan » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:25 pm

I agree I would only add that I think Linton for Region 3 and Region 7 I think Killdeer will be a threat but not Trinity they lose their height this year.
GBBFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby blindside2 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:40 am

old#63 wrote:

I'm giving Grafton the nod for Region 2 next year. Central Cass for Region 1.
blindside2
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:54 am

Carrington has to be the favorite in region 4, but Harvey didn't lose a lot and Langdon had a nice young team.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bball4 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:55 pm

The Schwab wrote:
Nike wrote:I think Kidder County is out of race these next couple years for Region 3. I feel like Linton-HMB or Napoleon could take this region.

I think your right on with this one, I think those 2 teams will be the clear cut favorites.

Keep in mind that Napoleon lost to Linton by 3 points...and although Linton is gaining HMB, they are losing their 2 main scorers. If I had to pick one, it would be Napoleon. Schneider is impressive...but they lose A LOT with Jasper and Rykman.
Ellendale (although they lost first round of Regionals) only loses 1 senior and gains a 3 year starter/district team player that was out to an ACL tear (if I heard correctly). I believe at the Stutsman Co. Tourney (before the ACL tear), they played a pretty close game with Napoleon. Just throwing it out there.
bball4
NDPreps Starter

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:58 pm

who else besides Standing Rock, would be coming out of this region?
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportsfan10 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:10 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:Carrington has to be the favorite in region 4, but Harvey didn't lose a lot and Langdon had a nice young team.

agreed that Harvey should contend with Carrington. Maggie Lorenz for Harvey is the leading candidate for player of the year next year, and she should always keep Harvey in it with Carrington since she gives the Hornets someone to compete with on the block with Emily Thompson.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Nike » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:12 pm

bball4 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Keep in mind that Napoleon lost to Linton by 3 points...and although Linton is gaining HMB, they are losing their 2 main scorers. If I had to pick one, it would be Napoleon. Schneider is impressive...but they lose A LOT with Jasper and Rykman.
Ellendale (although they lost first round of Regionals) only loses 1 senior and gains a 3 year starter/district team player that was out to an ACL tear (if I heard correctly). I believe at the Stutsman Co. Tourney (before the ACL tear), they played a pretty close game with Napoleon. Just throwing it out there.

I still believe its between Linton or Napoleon. I don't think anyone comes close. With Kidder County losing a lot, and district 6 sweeping the region this last tournament, they will have to be watched for. The Region 3 tournament showed how tough District 6 is.
Nike
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Bisonguy06 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:57 pm

GBBFan wrote:

I agree I would only add that I think Linton for Region 3 and Region 7 I think Killdeer will be a threat but not Trinity they lose their height this year.

Killdeer loses their PG and plenty of height, too...

I think Beach is head and shoulders above everyone else at this point, with no clear cut #2 team in the region. But that's just me.
Bisonguy06
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:16 pm

Region 1 - Central Cass
Region 2 - Central Valley or Thompson
Region 3 - Linton
Region 4 - Carrington
Region 5 - Standing Rock
Region 6 - Kenmare
Region 7 - Beach
Region 8 - I'll Stanley but someone could sneak up on them