2010-2011 State Favorites

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2010-2011 State Favorites

Postby 4thegame » Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:45 pm

sometimes the people are right
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:37 pm

4thegame wrote:sometimes the people are right

And 95% of the time parents are wrong. Seems high but when I say that, I mean parents that complain or think they know how things should go. If you throw in the the reasonable parents, then they are wrong about 55% of the time.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby Nodak Guy » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:27 pm

Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
wolves65 wrote:Any truth to the rumor that the Titus girls from Hankinson transferred to Central Cass?

Yes, they registered for school last week and started with volleyball tryouts yesterday. One is a senior, one a sophomore. They will certainly help the Central Cass guard play this year for basketball.

Oh, and how does everyone in Casselton feel about this? Definitely some mixed feelings. We'll see how it goes.

So are people going to make a big deal out of this like they did for some other kids transfering?

Haha. Are you going to ask that every time there is a transfer story? There will probably be some upset people in Hankinson, but this is a different situation than those other kids' situation.

In this day and age, anytime a couple of kids transfer, it does seem like a big deal. Granted, Central Cass is going to be the #1 team going into the season, so it's not as though these girls are now playing on a team that is projected to be #8 or #9 in their District. So yes, it will be looked at as suspicious. Didn't CC and Hankinson play for the Regional Championship over the past couple of years, too? I'm guessing the NDHSAA will be looking into it, especially after the Linton/Bottineau story from a couple of years ago. Just my opinion.
Nodak Guy
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:56 am

Indy5 wrote:
4thegame wrote:sometimes the people are right

And 95% of the time parents are wrong. Seems high but when I say that, I mean parents that complain or think they know how things should go. If you throw in the the reasonable parents, then they are wrong about 55% of the time.

Its not always a matter of whether or not the parents are wrong, but determining whether or not the coach is wrong. Most parents are too biased (or know very little about the game) to be objective. Even the most seasoned coaches struggle with staying objective when they are coaching their kid so I agree that 95% of regular parents won't be either. It is also tough if the school doesn't have a winning tradition because many parents don't care about winning games...they just want their kid to be the leading scorer, and win some awards. If a parent's first response is to complain instead of taking their kid to the gym to put in extra practices, then they are probably wrong about the coach.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:29 am

Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
wolves65 wrote:Any truth to the rumor that the Titus girls from Hankinson transferred to Central Cass?

Yes, they registered for school last week and started with volleyball tryouts yesterday. One is a senior, one a sophomore. They will certainly help the Central Cass guard play this year for basketball.

Oh, and how does everyone in Casselton feel about this? Definitely some mixed feelings. We'll see how it goes.

So are people going to make a big deal out of this like they did for some other kids transfering?

Haha. Are you going to ask that every time there is a transfer story? There will probably be some upset people in Hankinson, but this is a different situation than those other kids' situation.

I just don't like it when people talk out of both sides of their mouth. How is it a different situation? Explain that one too me.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby Indy5 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:52 pm

The Schwab wrote:
I just don't like it when people talk out of both sides of their mouth. How is it a different situation? Explain that one too me.

I imagine these girls' father did not retain his job in Hankinson. I also don't imagine that they moved to the other end of the state to stay with their grandparents for the sake of playing for a good team. In some ways they are similar, but in ways like that, they are not.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:54 am

Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

I imagine these girls' father did not retain his job in Hankinson. I also don't imagine that they moved to the other end of the state to stay with their grandparents for the sake of playing for a good team. In some ways they are similar, but in ways like that, they are not.

From what I understand, the girls live with their mom, who has a job in Fargo. I'm not sure that they were all that thrilled about moving but seem to be fitting in fine. It's a different situation than the Bottineau/Linton one.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:08 am

ClassBEast wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

From what I understand, the girls live with their mom, who has a job in Fargo. I'm not sure that they were all that thrilled about moving but seem to be fitting in fine. It's a different situation than the Bottineau/Linton one.

Transferring or Open Enrolling is all the same. It is a student/athlete (notice the student is first, many people forget that now a days) going to a school that they feel they will have more success in academically or in athletics.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby imperials » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:00 pm

The Schwab wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

Transferring or Open Enrolling is all the same. It is a student/athlete (notice the student is first, many people forget that now a days) going to a school that they feel they will have more success in academically or in athletics.

go ahead and believe that they went to school there for academics first and the sports programs second, but everybody knows that is not the case
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:20 pm

If a parent got a job in Fargo, then it wouldn't be a stretch to justify the family moving to Casselton. If the kids have been going to a Class B school, then it could be an easier adjustment for them then going to West Fargo or a Fargo school. Central Cass better get use to it. West Fargo is one of the fastest growing cities in North Dakota, and that growth will continue to spill over to towns like Casselton and Kindred.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:24 pm

imperials wrote:
The Schwab wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
The Schwab wrote:

go ahead and believe that they went to school there for academics first and the sports programs second, but everybody knows that is not the case

I know that isn't the case, and that's not what I meant by saying that.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby longhornsman » Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:19 am

i heard that lisbon may have a pretty good team this year, they are returning no starters and they lost 8 seniors. none of the girls have had very many minutes because of lisbons powerhouse teams. you might say they only won two games last year but many were 5 point games and under, the girls had heart. i think this year they may be going to back to more of a run and gun offense since they have speedster karlene lorenz, they only senior on the team. it will be a fun season, cant wait.
longhornsman
NDPreps Reserve

Postby jibjab20 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:37 am

As far as the NDHSAA looking into the Titus matter that is not possible as they moved with their mother. As a matter of fact they have been trying to move there for 2 years but had not found a place to live. The reason for moving was that the mother has the girls and has worked in Fargo for the last 6 or 7 years. I dont about the rest of you but gas isnt gettting cheaper and 120 miles a day for a single mom doesnt sound cheap. The only reason people are having a problem with it is because they came from hankinson, if they moved from some town in Minnesota then there would be no complaints. The girls wanted to stay in class b and it is much more affordable to live in Casselton than Fargo. The rest of their family also lives in western North Dakota so why not move closer to them. But hey all it takes is a couple of ignorant parents to turn a situation the wrong way.
jibjab20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:55 am

jibjab20 wrote:As far as the NDHSAA looking into the Titus matter that is not possible as they moved with their mother. As a matter of fact they have been trying to move there for 2 years but had not found a place to live. The reason for moving was that the mother has the girls and has worked in Fargo for the last 6 or 7 years. I dont about the rest of you but gas isnt gettting cheaper and 120 miles a day for a single mom doesnt sound cheap. The only reason people are having a problem with it is because they came from hankinson, if they moved from some town in Minnesota then there would be no complaints. The girls wanted to stay in class b and it is much more affordable to live in Casselton than Fargo. The rest of their family also lives in western North Dakota so why not move closer to them. But hey all it takes is a couple of ignorant parents to turn a situation the wrong way.

I understand what your saying, and I agree with you too a point, but Casselton is no where near western ND haha.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby jibjab20 » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:05 am

With another daughter that palys at VCSU and two others in Bismarck it is a lot closer than Hankinson!
jibjab20
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:51 am

jibjab20 wrote:With another daughter that palys at VCSU and two others in Bismarck it is a lot closer than Hankinson!

I agree with what your saying, but please don't try to tell me that the success Central Cass has had in basketball didn't impact the decision at least a little bit.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby scoobyx2 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 2:11 pm

The Schwab wrote:
jibjab20 wrote:With another daughter that palys at VCSU and two others in Bismarck it is a lot closer than Hankinson!

I agree with what your saying, but please don't try to tell me that the success Central Cass has had in basketball didn't impact the decision at least a little bit.

Didn't Hankinson's coach quit? Have they hired anyone new yet? I would think that would have had a bigger impact on finally moving closer to Fargo.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:10 am

Wheres the State Tournament going to be held this year? anyone know?
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:53 am

Bismarck
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby sparky » Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:42 pm

I think the Titus's moving to Casselton for basketball would be the last thing they were thinking about. The Titus's are all good athletes, but they are a very close family so I think that mom being able to live closer to work so she can spend more time with her daughters, be closer to her daughter courtney who is getting playing time for VCSU, and also to be closer to her other daughters living in Bismarck was more than likely factors in this move. If you can give me a town that can be more convenient than Casselton let me know what town that is. This is just what I think from being a family friend.
sparky
NDPreps Reserve

Postby #90 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:49 pm

Lots of talk about Central Valley, Grafton and Thompson but what about Dakota Prairie don't they return most of there team from last year?
NDPreps Rookie

Postby a-simple-fan » Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:14 am

#90 wrote:Lots of talk about Central Valley, Grafton and Thompson but what about Dakota Prairie don't they return most of there team from last year?

I dont think they have the depth that the other teams mentioned have.
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls