Region 5 Tournament Analysis

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5 Tournament Analysis

Postby diehardfan09 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:20 pm

i would like to question a comment made further up talking about Long showboating? & ball out of bounds?
diehardfan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 1331 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:50 pm

dedicated Spectator wrote:
rock83 wrote:I dont think to many people would disagree that Long is a much better player than everett. Why if you say that do you have a beef with something. I really like the way Long plays the game, she plays hard without any theatrics. She acts like she has been there before.

dedicated Spectator wrote:
rock83 wrote:The best matchup may have happened the first round for Standing Rock. Washburn has more quickness and some better ball handlers. Dont think Turtle Lake has the quickness or ball handlers to stay with Standing Rock. Washburn had trouble with Standing Rocks pressure and they handle the ball better than Turtle Lake. Although if bayless gets Standing Rock in foul trouble and they are able to handle the pressure fairly well then it could be interesting. There is no comparison with everett and long. Long is in a whole league above everett and there is now way they can have everett guard long. Everett doesnt have quickness to get by anyone or to guard a quick person. Long is going to have a pile of points tonight.
I think that turtle lake will have to play zone because they dont have the quickness to stay with long. But you never know

I'm in no way making a response in reference to comparisons with Shauna long. I'm responding to your comment "Everett doesnt have quickness to get by anyone or to guard a quick person." Anyone is a strong statement. Hmm I wonder! Have you seen all of TLM's games?

if i can remember correctly everett crossed long up a few times but just couldn't put her shots in. everett may not be quick on d but she has some ball handling skills
NDPreps Rookie

Postby mrsbasketball » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:55 am

you guys are really comparing these two players?? I think it's pretty obvious who the better player is. just because everett had a couple good games in regionals doesn't make her good. Do you not remember Longs 42 points in state last year? and if any of you watched state tonight she got 22 or 24 or more points while being double teamed and at times triple teamed. this is a bad subject because it has an obvious answer.
mrsbasketball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby toddjames » Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:03 am

mrsbasketball wrote:you guys are really comparing these two players?? I think it's pretty obvious who the better player is. just because everett had a couple good games in regionals doesn't make her good. Do you not remember Longs 42 points in state last year? and if any of you watched state tonight she got 22 or 24 or more points while being double teamed and at times triple teamed. this is a bad subject because it has an obvious answer.

Shoot she had 28, 15 in the fourth quarter...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Previous

Return to Girls