Do we need a three class system?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Do we need a three class system?

Postby ndfan » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:03 am

Indy5 wrote:
Bisonguy06 wrote:It could come down to bracketing. Carrington and Standing Rock return almost everyone, too.

Does Carrington return Thompson? I felt she was most of their team. Also, Long was Standing Rock's whole team. This weekend was the first time i have saw her play. Did she just have a bad shooting tournament? I wasn't all that impressed. She pretty much just scored from the foul line. She didn't make hardly any jumpers and missed some layups she should make if she is so great.

I wanna say Thompson is a Junior but i'm not 100% sure.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:07 am

Thompson should return from Region 2 because they have 4 8th graders that played good minutes at state plus Hegg and Sponsler are also Juniors. They lose 2 seniors and 1 didn't get much playing time (at least not at State)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby old#63 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:43 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:Thompson should return from Region 2 because they have 4 8th graders that played good minutes at state plus Hegg and Sponsler are also Juniors. They lose 2 seniors and 1 didn't get much playing time (at least not at State)

I don't think anybody can predict who will come out of Region 2 next year. Way too many teams with young talent. Grafton and Central Valley especially. Region 2 will be a dogfight next year, just like it was this year.
old#63
NDPreps All-State

Postby Flying Wallenda » Sun Mar 07, 2010 12:52 pm

old#63 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:Thompson should return from Region 2 because they have 4 8th graders that played good minutes at state plus Hegg and Sponsler are also Juniors. They lose 2 seniors and 1 didn't get much playing time (at least not at State)

I don't think anybody can predict who will come out of Region 2 next year. Way too many teams with young talent. Grafton and Central Valley especially. Region 2 will be a dogfight next year, just like it was this year.

Agreed....Grafton only loses two players off a team that lost to Thompson by 3 in the regional title. CV loses NO players from a team that beat thompson by about 10, lost to Thompson in OT after Sponsler hit a deep three on the buzzer to send it to OT, and lost to Thompson by about 10 I believe in the district. DP has three of the best in the district back in Messner, Rude, and Gillett, but will lack depth. Region two and in particular District 3 will be a dogfight next year. Hatton-Northwood will also field a competitive team.
Flying Wallenda
NDPreps All-State

Postby sportslover77 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:03 pm

ndfan wrote:
Indy5 wrote:
Bisonguy06 wrote:It could come down to bracketing. Carrington and Standing Rock return almost everyone, too.

Does Carrington return Thompson? I felt she was most of their team. Also, Long was Standing Rock's whole team. This weekend was the first time i have saw her play. Did she just have a bad shooting tournament? I wasn't all that impressed. She pretty much just scored from the foul line. She didn't make hardly any jumpers and missed some layups she should make if she is so great.

I wanna say Thompson is a Junior but i'm not 100% sure.

Thompson, Scherr, and Rosenau are all sophomores. Rosenau is a much better player than she showed the first two games of the tournament. They also had a great JV this year. The future looks bright for Carrington.
sportslover77
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls