Programs back on the rise

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Programs back on the rise

Postby sportsking » Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:52 pm

I have watched the cavalier girls basketball program for the last few years take a turn for the worse. This year they bring a new coach, Ethan Askvig, who comes into a program with alot of younger girls. They have gone from 1 win last year, to 7 wins this year. They have been in most of the games this except Carrington, and the first game with Minto/Midway. That right there is an inprovement! The numbers were starting to go down, and now they have sparked interest in the lower grades. Like I said before these girls are mainly underclassman, I believe 1 senior. They are working hard and having fun playing the game again. Thanks to the new coach, assistant coach, and there abililty to teach and improve the players. Girls basketball program can rebuild and hopefully continue to improve, and make a great run from here on out. They beat some teams that they had not beat in sometime. Thanks to the girls for hanging in there and the new coaches for being able to help turn a program around.Are there any other programs that are being able to see a turn around in the state?
sportsking
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls