District 2 tourney

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: District 2 tourney

Postby heimer » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:08 pm

FS/HP spent three quarters reversing the game on Central Cass. Most looked at the game as FSHP's ability to run the floor vs. Central Cass's ability to play halfcourt. Not the case at all. FSHP stood CC up in the halfcourt game, used their posts, and got Shelby Krueger to the line. The FSHP zone congested CC's front line, which seems to be their bread and butter.

CC turned it around by pressuring the guards in the fourth. If they meet again, I'm assuming CC will press the guards in the half court for the entire game. FSHP struggled with that. Montag a huge O board to draw the foul at the end of the game. She's the key IMO to FSHP. Krueger will get hers, but if Montag plays well, they are pretty good.
God is bigger than football.
heimer
NDPreps All-State

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:17 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:
philshometown wrote:Monday

Regional qualifiers

9) Fargo Oak Grove 50, Kindred 45

10) Enderlin 42, Richland 40

Championship

Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page 47, Central Cass 46

I picked FSHP to win District 2, but I am somewhat surprised it came through. Any insights on the game? My guess is that they kept Kraft out of the paint.

Kraft struggled in the first half but came on in the 4th quarter. FSHP was just hitting there shots for the first three quarters and then hit a "buzz-saw" in the 4th where they were held to 4 points because of poor shot selection and poor FT shooting. Montag hits game-winning FTs with 4 seconds left on the clock. Kraft nearly hits half-court shot at buzzer...just off the rim. It was a great game...ALL 3 games yesterday were close, intense games...probably the best final day of District 2 basketball that I have seen.

Enderlin was down 38-28 with about 2 minutes to go and comes back to win. Richland had a chance to tie it from the FT line with no time on the clock, but the first FT rattled in and out.

Oak Grove's Mikayla Forness came out firing on all cylinders hitting her first 4 shots and scoring 9 of the team's 11 points early. Oak Grove was able to hit enough shots down the stretch and hit enough FTs to pull out the win. It will be their first Region qualification since 2004.

This game came down to who had a better night. FSHP came out strong and CC did not. FSHP had just enough in the tank to hold CC back.

To me it sounded like an unbiased opinion said that FSHP simply beat CC at their own game. You make it sound like CC just didn't show up. I know CC is a good team, I have seen them play this year, I haven't been able to see FSHP play. Maybe give credit where credit is due? Congrats Lady Spartans on the big win, keep it rolling through regionals.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby GoPack#2 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 5:41 pm

The Schwab wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Regional qualifiers

Championship

I picked FSHP to win District 2, but I am somewhat surprised it came through. Any insights on the game? My guess is that they kept Kraft out of the paint.

Kraft struggled in the first half but came on in the 4th quarter. FSHP was just hitting there shots for the first three quarters and then hit a "buzz-saw" in the 4th where they were held to 4 points because of poor shot selection and poor FT shooting. Montag hits game-winning FTs with 4 seconds left on the clock. Kraft nearly hits half-court shot at buzzer...just off the rim. It was a great game...ALL 3 games yesterday were close, intense games...probably the best final day of District 2 basketball that I have seen.

Enderlin was down 38-28 with about 2 minutes to go and comes back to win. Richland had a chance to tie it from the FT line with no time on the clock, but the first FT rattled in and out.

Oak Grove's Mikayla Forness came out firing on all cylinders hitting her first 4 shots and scoring 9 of the team's 11 points early. Oak Grove was able to hit enough shots down the stretch and hit enough FTs to pull out the win. It will be their first Region qualification since 2004.

This game came down to who had a better night. FSHP came out strong and CC did not. FSHP had just enough in the tank to hold CC back.

To me it sounded like an unbiased opinion said that FSHP simply beat CC at their own game. You make it sound like CC just didn't show up. I know CC is a good team, I have seen them play this year, I haven't been able to see FSHP play. Maybe give credit where credit is due? Congrats Lady Spartans on the big win, keep it rolling through regionals.

Yeah that basically sums it up CC didn't show up for the first 3 quarters kicked it in for the 4th, but just couldn't hit any shots down the stretch of the game.
"Give them nothing but take from them everything"
GoPack#2
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gobison#6 » Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:33 pm

The Schwab wrote:
gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

Regional qualifiers

Championship

Not trying to say that FSHP shouldn't have won. They played very well and deserve the credit. They came out with a mission to stop CC and did. CC didn't know what to do with it. CC had the better 4th quarter, but the first half and most of the 3rd quarter killed them. FSHP gameplanned for this game a lot better than CC and it showed.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby ClassBEast » Tue Feb 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Interesting - now that North Sargent has won in District 1, Hankinson will be in the same bracket as FSHP. Maybe this worked out OK for the Squirrels - we shall see next week!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:13 am

Awards

All-District 2 Team

Central Cass: Taylor Kraft, Courtney Dixon, Madison Gegelman, Hannah Breske

Finley-Sharon-Hope-Page: Shelby Krueger, Amber Montag

Kindred: Braidy Dahl, Kellie Schmit

Enderlin: Megan Trautman, Mackenzie Hamre

Oak Grove: Logan Selisker

Richland: Olivia Johnson

Northern Cass: Sam Lako

Maple Valley: Mariah Smith

District 2 Senior Athlete of the Year

District 2 Coach of the Year

Central Cass: Barb Kraft
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:38 pm

ClassBEast wrote:Awards

All-District 2 Team

Mariah Smith = TOTALLY DESERVING
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:14 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:

All-District 2 Team

very happy to see her win. she was the only senior in the district who really deserved the award.
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 6:16 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

All-District 2 Team

very happy to see her win. she was the only senior in the district who really deserved the award.

Yeah it totally sucked that she got hurt during the season :cry:
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:28 am

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

All-District 2 Team

Smith definitely deserved the award, but had to beat out a very talented Krueger who just led her team to a District championship. It was no cake walk for her. She worked hard during the season, and put in a lot of time in the off season even tho her team's outlook looked rough. Most seniors wouldn't see the point. They didn't win a single game in the District, and I am happy that she was still recognized for the player she is.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby The Schwab » Thu Feb 18, 2010 11:56 am

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

All-District 2 Team

I dont think she was the only one deserving of the award, Krueger could have won it and I dont think anyone would have been shocked. Both very good players, congrats to Mariah on the award and all of the other all district selections. Should be a good regional tournament.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls