sisters

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

sisters

Postby lockdown » Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:05 am

there has been a little bit said about this but i think it needs more recognition then it has got. central valley starts 3 sisters on its team that is very impressive
i got the spirit of a hustler and the swagger of a college kid
lockdown
NDPreps Starter

Re: sisters

Postby m8ss » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:41 am

didn't munich-starkweather have 4 becks playing at once, two sets of two sisters being first cousins?
m8ss
NDPreps Reserve

Postby BB11 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:02 pm

Yes - the year they won state they had 4 Becks starting.
"As God as my witness, I thought Turkeys could fly."
BB11
NDPreps All-State

Postby 4thegame » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:17 pm

you don't get much more atheletic than a Beck.....male female doesn't matter.
4thegame
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:00 pm

I would put the Waldahls sisters up against any sister combo in the state that ever played. I think they won state by only 50 points back in 1990. I'm not making that up either. Score was something like 80 to 33.
bigpoppakdog

Postby lockdown » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:13 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:I would put the Waldahls sisters up against any sister combo in the state that ever played. I think they won state by only 50 points back in 1990. I'm not making that up either. Score was something like 80 to 33.

against carrington correct? like 92?
i got the spirit of a hustler and the swagger of a college kid
lockdown
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:31 pm

Yeah I think Carrington is correct, but I believe it would have had to have been 90 or 91. Also, I haven't seen the Beck's play, so I'm not trying to remotely say they aren't good/great bb players. If memory serves me correct Beach could have score over 100 points in the state title game had they continued to play. Who wins state by only 50 because they were being nice??? Was still in my opinion the best Class B girls bb team ever. I think there were 4 waldahls. Was a pretty big story due to the fact they were from watford city and then decided to move to Beach. There were interesting stories back then too, just didn't have the internet to discuss them. I believe 2 of them were miss bb finalists with one winning it??? Not completely sure about that. Maybe someone can look that up for me.
bigpoppakdog

Postby bant325 » Sun Feb 07, 2010 7:08 pm

The Henningsgard sisters at CV have something special going on. First of all, they get to come back together and play again next year on a team that just won the regular season conference title! Jessica (Jr) averages 20 ppg while Taylor (Fr) scores 12 pts, grabs 6 boards, 6-7 assists and they Kennedy (8th grader) scores about 8 points and grabs 7 boards. I think that is really impressive for a trio that still gets to come back together. I'm looking forward to see what they can pull off in the post-season and what's in store for next year!
If winning isn't everything...why keep score!
bant325
NDPreps Reserve

Postby GRIDIRON GURU » Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:18 pm

I am hoping that Dakota Prairie and Central Valley meet up again in regionals, nearly every player on the floor's parents would be from Tolna originally.

Great genetics and tradition from that town.
"One thing you have to remember Bobby, soccer was invented in europe by women, so they would have something to do while the men stayed home and did the dishes"
Hank Hill
GRIDIRON GURU
NDPreps All-State

Return to Girls