Kidder County vs Linton

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Kidder County vs Linton

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:28 am

Anyone at the KC - Linton game last night? Just looking at the box score it must have been a good one. According to the box score Linton led at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd qtrs before being beat by two. I would like to hear some specfics if anyone was at the game.

- PS - Congrats to KC on a big win :D
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Kidder County vs Linton

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:12 pm

Sportsrube wrote:Anyone at the KC - Linton game last night? Just looking at the box score it must have been a good one. According to the box score Linton led at the end of the 1st, 2nd and 3rd qtrs before being beat by two. I would like to hear some specfics if anyone was at the game.

- PS - Congrats to KC on a big win :D

Linton girls have had a tough week!
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:07 am

Linton made some outside shots against KC 2-3 zone. I am still perplexed where they play eli benz at. she spends more time 20 feet away from the basket than she does 5 feet away. Also their 6th man seemed to throw up more shots than Benz did. A little surprising that your (all-state first team player :D ) leader hardly shoots the ball? These 2 teams are 2 points apart. Could go either way. I worry KC could lose by using Benz as the wing who passes the ball inside too much. It is still clear that nobody can press KC and that KC can turn up the press and create turnovers. The press in the 4th quarter is what gave KC the win. I am sure we will see this game again....maybe twice. Officiating was great as they had a 3 man crew. Only on bad call the whole game which did effect the game a bit at the end. Benz was almost steamrolled over as she held her position for the charge with her arms straight up, no offensive call, then proceeded to block the shot only to have her 4th foul called against her. She played tentative on D the rest of the way. Was one of the those plays where you questioned why you let one physical play go then immediately call a foul on a play that created substantially less contact. The Zisch girl had her thumb taped up pretty heavily. This impacts them, as she really can't shoot. It was clear when she got a steal and drove all the way to the other side of the basket to shoot the shot left handed.

Outside shooting: edge to Linton
Inside game: depends where Benz is, if she is inside edge to KC. If she is stuck 20 feet away edge to Linton
Defense: toss up??? KC didn't cover the perimeter very well in their 2-3 zone.
Press: edge to KC. That kahl girl knows how to get steals and not get called for fouls.
Mental edge: I believe this is KC strength. Many players with a lot of big game experience. When they were behind by 5 points in the 4th or 3rd can't remember for sure, they never got worried. That Zisch girl doesn't seemed to be phased by anything. Always playing with a smile.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Sportsrube » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:27 pm

Thanks for the info dog, I will definitely be in Napoleon if (when) they meet for the District Championship.
Just a thought - are the KC coaches playing Benz outside more in order to try and improve her all around skills for the next level?
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:51 pm

Not sure? The only spot she is not good at is the shooting guard position. She is used to help bring the ball down if needed. Which is what everyone saw last year when sand was always in foul trouble. But, when they don't have to have her bring the ball down I don't know why they don't run her block to block with scherbenske at the high post. Nobody can jump as high as Benz does(at least in this region). When she gets it underneath she can't be stopped. I think she spent enough time outside last year where this isn't helping her improve her game. But hey, they are ranked #4 in state, so I guess I shouldn't really be talking.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Dan Holiday » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:47 am

It's kind of funny, someone posted on this board a while back, saying how badly outcoached KC was going to be when they met Linton. Then KC beats Linton on their own floor. Then you question the positioning of their players when I believe they are something like 15-1 and ranked fourth in the state. Someone must be doing something right out at Steele. It looks like Eli Benz is going to be one of the top recruits in the state this year. There is apparently very little she can't do on the court.
Dan Holiday
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:34 pm

Eli Benz can do almost everything out there I agree. Her weakness is she is not a shooting guard, but oh well, there is plenty she can do like you said. I do worry, come tourney time, that keeping her away from the basket as much as they do can bite them. They did win, but by 2. So I wouldn't consider this a convincing win. Questioning coaches is something we all do at every level. Did you question any of the coaches decisions last week when the vikings lost to the saints? I bet you did. That's part of sports. That's part of coaching. Constantly evaluating what you are doing.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Dan Holiday » Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:54 pm

You certainly have a right to have an opinion! They did win by just 2, but it was on Lintons court, against what was described as a much better coach. So a win is a win but it was just for seating in the district tournament. Certainly the biggest win of the season will be when they almost certainly play each other in the regional final. I've only seen KC play once this year and in that one Benz played inside and scored 34. I will agree with you she is a better inside player. But on the other hand I don't know what the coaches are trying to accomplish other than win games. I would suppose they are trying to either give their players some time at other positions to increase depth or confuse opposing coaches. That's why I'm a stock analyst and not a coach.
Dan Holiday
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:19 pm

It was definitely a big win for them. As far as the out-coached comments, you are talking about new head coaches versus a Linton cornerstone coach. So one would initially and rightfully consider the coaching edge going to Linton. I think anybody would say the edge would go to Linton. I also agree, as I have stated earlier, they are one of the top teams in state. So they must be doing something right.
bigpoppakdog

Postby baseball » Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:22 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:It was definitely a big win for them. As far as the out-coached comments, you are talking about new head coaches versus a Linton cornerstone coach. So one would initially and rightfully consider the coaching edge going to Linton. I think anybody would say the edge would go to Linton. I also agree, as I have stated earlier, they are one of the top teams in state. So they must be doing something right.

Just because he's a first year coach compared to a cornerstone coach, doesn't mean he can't be a better one. Now i cant comment since i wasnt at the game, but its tough to outcoach flyberg...he knows what hes talking about.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby jacko » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:32 am

If the Linton coach is so tremendous why did Linton have to have school board members monitor the practices this past "tough" week? The basketball coaches (boys and girls) of Linton have gotten away with way too much over the past few years and its high time they get called to the table for their actions. Just ask a few of the past girls parents if they would allow thier girls to play for Flyberg again, its amazing some of the answers you get. Telling your girls that "they will never amount to anything in thier lives" after one of thier loses last week is one heck of a coaching tactic!!
jacko
NDPreps Rookie

Postby CHS09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:59 am

Is this true? They had to monitor there practices? What for? I am from Linton and now coach out of state and Flyberg was my boys coach as a freshmen. Wow

jacko wrote:If the Linton coach is so tremendous why did Linton have to have school board members monitor the practices this past "tough" week? The basketball coaches (boys and girls) of Linton have gotten away with way too much over the past few years and its high time they get called to the table for their actions. Just ask a few of the past girls parents if they would allow thier girls to play for Flyberg again, its amazing some of the answers you get. Telling your girls that "they will never amount to anything in thier lives" after one of thier loses last week is one heck of a coaching tactic!!
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rock83 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:24 pm

If it was so terrible why would you have let your girl/boy play in the first place? If you cant handle a tough coach or a touch practice i certainly hope you dont have any children join the military. Boy mentally and physically they might have it tough. It is abusive now a days if you tell a kid if they dont work they dont play. Give me a break, sometime the coach is the only one in the kids life that has ever said no to them or actually not afraid of the kid.
jacko wrote:If the Linton coach is so tremendous why did Linton have to have school board members monitor the practices this past "tough" week? The basketball coaches (boys and girls) of Linton have gotten away with way too much over the past few years and its high time they get called to the table for their actions. Just ask a few of the past girls parents if they would allow thier girls to play for Flyberg again, its amazing some of the answers you get. Telling your girls that "they will never amount to anything in thier lives" after one of thier loses last week is one heck of a coaching tactic!!
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby jacko » Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:47 pm

Spoken like a true ROCK!! I still would like to know why school board members had to sit in on 'Sargent Flyberg's boot camp" Did he lose control again? And how many more times will he get by with it before someone gets hurt?
jacko
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:54 pm

My guess on why it continues.....because they win. Winning covers up a lot.
bigpoppakdog

Postby baseball » Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:16 pm

I said he knows basketball. I didnt say he's they great guy to ever live.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby CHS09 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:05 pm

Loose control? What happened before? Can anyone answer why school board members had to sit in on a practice?

jacko wrote:Spoken like a true ROCK!! I still would like to know why school board members had to sit in on 'Sargent Flyberg's boot camp" Did he lose control again? And how many more times will he get by with it before someone gets hurt?
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby The Schwab » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:58 pm

Do you have any solid sources to back this up? If you are just posting what you "heard" that has no business on here.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:48 pm

So schwab, would it have been ok if they would have started their post with "From the Supt. of Linton Public School" and ended with "Satire article" been ok then?
bigpoppakdog

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:09 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:So schwab, would it have been ok if they would have started their post with "From the Supt. of Linton Public School" and ended with "Satire article" been ok then?

It would have been ok if it would have been true. Talked to some sources today that informed me that it was 100 percent false.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:17 pm

Rules 7 and 8 from the NDpreps rules. That should about sum it up.

"Do not use topics, or posts, for the sole purpose of criticizing an athlete, coach, a schools fans, a fellow board member, or referee by name. If you are going to be offering up negative opinions on things, please state why you feel that way, or risk having your post edited, or deleted. We aren't here to bash people anonymously without a reason.
Please do not call out players, or coaches either. Unless you are willing to post who you are, and where you live, and what gives you the right to call out others. This isn't the place for that."
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:37 pm

Sources that I have talked to would tend to support the statement. Anyway so you are saying it IS OK to make up fake quotes by school officials and let the thread go on for about 8 pages, but not let the questionable tactics by a coach go on more than 2 posts? Great example of how contradictory you guys get. You will let some guy come on here make up a fake story like some other school official wrote and let him get away with it, yet somebody makes a comment about a coaches tactics towards kids and then give them a warning. Surprising nobody has said anything to the contrary to the comment. Maybe because its true? Anyway, you allow somebody to impersonate Mitch Carlson, yet can't question if a coach was indeed observed by school board officials? You guys need to make up your minds.
bigpoppakdog

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 02, 2010 10:54 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Sources that I have talked to would tend to support the statement. Anyway so you are saying it IS OK to make up fake quotes by school officials and let the thread go on for about 8 pages, but not let the questionable tactics by a coach go on more than 2 posts? Great example of how contradictory you guys get. You will let some guy come on here make up a fake story like some other school official wrote and let him get away with it, yet somebody makes a comment about a coaches tactics towards kids and then give them a warning. Surprising nobody has said anything to the contrary to the comment. Maybe because its true? Anyway, you allow somebody to impersonate Mitch Carlson, yet can't question if a coach was indeed observed by school board officials? You guys need to make up your minds.

Well if you observe all of the topics you would understand that Steve34 and myself dont see eye to eye on many things, and before i had a chance to read that post there was already a topic in the moderator forum where it was being discussed at length and was decided to be kept open. As for the topic at hand, I asked if there was any proof that this had happened, I have talked to people who would know if he was "observed" by school board members, I was informed that was 100 percent false and I believe my source more than some random person posting on here with under 10 total posts.
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:04 pm

Ok. I see the what I called them 2 post guys. But there was another person who also commented on it. Also in the boys forum there is a post citing that four winds needs to get rid of 2 more people and stated them by name.

Back to steve, I still am shocked that somebody is allowed to make up a fake story and say it was from somebody when in fact it was not. There are so many kids on here that know way more inside stuff than we ever could. Maybe they are players who sufferred under iron fist coaches?? I do agree we need to protect people and to allow that topic go on beyond the initial post was in direct violation of every rule for this forum. This forum was fun to talk about which team is going to win, who should have won etc...which players are great and were not recognized properly(Eli Benz) and things like that. This recent mitch carlson thread has broke the final straw for me as I have requested to be shut down. With my account closed I will not longer be tempted to even make a post anymore. It will also make it easier to stay clear of this site. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 8 years since I was first introduced to this site.
bigpoppakdog

Postby The Schwab » Tue Feb 02, 2010 11:11 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Ok. I see the what I called them 2 post guys. But there was another person who also commented on it. Also in the boys forum there is a post citing that four winds needs to get rid of 2 more people and stated them by name.

Back to steve, I still am shocked that somebody is allowed to make up a fake story and say it was from somebody when in fact it was not. There are so many kids on here that know way more inside stuff than we ever could. Maybe they are players who sufferred under iron fist coaches?? I do agree we need to protect people and to allow that topic go on beyond the initial post was in direct violation of every rule for this forum. This forum was fun to talk about which team is going to win, who should have won etc...which players are great and were not recognized properly(Eli Benz) and things like that. This recent mitch carlson thread has broke the final straw for me as I have requested to be shut down. With my account closed I will not longer be tempted to even make a post anymore. It will also make it easier to stay clear of this site. I have thoroughly enjoyed the 8 years since I was first introduced to this site.

That's not the answer I wanted lol. You are one of the few people on this site who has logical explanations to back up your posts. I am in agreement that Eli Benz doesn't get enough credit, she is one of the best players I have ever seen play. I want the "fake letter" topic closed. And if I'm not mistaken wasn't this site formed during the christmas season of 2005?
The Schwab
The Schwab
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls