Coach - Program

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Coach - Program

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:26 am

This topic was posted on the Class B Boys by Winner-Within and I thought it would be fun to ask it on the Class B Girls:

Which Coach - Program sticks out in your mind as one of the best in Class B Girls? We're talking long term and now, not just in the past.
From my area I would say Brian Flyberg and the Linton Lady Lions and Dave Handt at Litchville-Marion-Montpeleir would be two of the best. I would be interested in hearing from across the state who you htink are the top coaches who have built great programs.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Re: Coach - Program

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:40 pm

To get this discussion going, I would like to know of any Class B girls coaches who have coached longer than 3 years.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ClassBEast » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:55 pm

Barb Kraft - Central Cass, Region 1 COY last year, working to get her team to state for the first time since the mid 1970's.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:15 pm

ClassBEast wrote:Barb Kraft - Central Cass, Region 1 COY last year, working to get her team to state for the first time since the mid 1970's.

Yeah Central Cass should be in this discussion...also Northern Cass (don't know coaches name off the top of my head) should be discussed. Both teams always have the athletes to compete.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby gobison#6 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:57 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
ClassBEast wrote:Barb Kraft - Central Cass, Region 1 COY last year, working to get her team to state for the first time since the mid 1970's.

Yeah Central Cass should be in this discussion...also Northern Cass (don't know coaches name off the top of my head) should be discussed. Both teams always have the athletes to compete.

Zieske (sp.?)
Hail the Bison!
gobison#6
NDPreps All-State

Postby mplsfan » Sat Jan 23, 2010 12:23 am

Langdon, Washburn and Mohall have had a long history of solid successful girls programs but you have to talk about Bottineau. Many will think of Bottineau for it's most recent successes but it's history as a top program goes back to the beginning of GBB in North Dakota. 12 state appearances (5 in class A, 7 in class B) 4 state B championships (1999, 2006,2007,2008) and a runner-up finish in class A (1978). Under Mike Forsberg since 1992 when Bottineau went class B they've been to state 7 times. Two other years they were ranked #1 and undefeated before before being upset in the regions (1995 by Langdon, 2005 by Mohall) and last year they spent most of the year top ranked before falling to Kenmare. Over the past 6 seasons including this year their record is something like 139-8. Great accomplishments and consistency over time.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:29 am

gobison#6 wrote:
Run4Fun2009 wrote:

Zieske (sp.?)

I agree. Both coaches have done an excellent job bringing up competitve athletes while fighting lower participation numbers and probably community politics...
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Return to Girls