Best JH player on Varsity?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Best JH player on Varsity?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 13, 2010 10:06 pm

Anyone know of any really good JH players out there on Varsity? (please include stat averages if possible)
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Re: Best JH player on Varsity?

Postby Flip » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Kennedy Henningsgard starts for the 6th ranked team in the state, Central Valley.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby daking » Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Karleigh Weber, Mckenna DeMoe and Bethany Ivesdal have all started for Thompson this year. They are real good 8th graders and will get better
daking

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:27 pm

Tatum Holt has started at PG for the surprising Oak Grove Grovers this year and Rachel Osmundson has come of the bench and played some very successful minutes
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby a-simple-fan » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:04 pm

Brenna Downs of Langdon, averaging about 10pts per game off the bench for the Cardinals.
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby sportslover77 » Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:23 am

Shaye Ronningen from Midkota is an 8th grade starter. She scored 22 points against Four Winds Warwick and according to the Minot paper, 36 against Maddock last week in a 1 point win. I was told she came off the bench for them last year (as a 7th grader) and was a consistent scorer, even hitting for 28 against BCN.
sportslover77
NDPreps Reserve

Postby dolphinfan20 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:20 pm

How about Karleigh Weber from Thompson? Sounds like she had a big game for them last night in the regional semi-finals.
dolphinfan20
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Indy5 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:22 pm

I don't know about best in the state, but a very good one is Anika Rovig from Bishop Ryan. She moved up after her 8th grade season was over. She was the best player on thier varsity (Although their varsity was awful)
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby a-simple-fan » Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:41 am

sportslover77 wrote:Shaye Ronningen from Midkota is an 8th grade starter. She scored 22 points against Four Winds Warwick and according to the Minot paper, 36 against Maddock last week in a 1 point win. I was told she came off the bench for them last year (as a 7th grader) and was a consistent scorer, even hitting for 28 against BCN.

Watched her last week. She is going to be a very good player!
a-simple-fan
NDPreps Starter

Postby GBBFan » Fri Feb 26, 2010 1:10 pm

Hailee Farstveet from Beach - 8th grader but has the poise and maturity of a senior - very smart player watch for her in the state tournament!!
GBBFan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ranger » Sat Mar 06, 2010 1:07 am

But, she's so little! She's got a good Grandpa to help her improve in the next 4 years! Go Bob and Beach!
ranger
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Indy5 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:15 pm

GBBFan wrote:Hailee Farstveet from Beach - 8th grader but has the poise and maturity of a senior - very smart player watch for her in the state tournament!!

To me, she doesn't seem like she will be able to be a star in years to come, just a very reliable point guard. She doesn't score, but I guess she is an 8th grader on the best team in the state.

Another thing, did one of Beach's starting guards get hurt or foul out agianst Thompson? I just watched the last 4 minutes and overtime and Farstveet was in the whole time.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan10 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:21 pm

Indy5 wrote:
GBBFan wrote:Hailee Farstveet from Beach - 8th grader but has the poise and maturity of a senior - very smart player watch for her in the state tournament!!

To me, she doesn't seem like she will be able to be a star in years to come, just a very reliable point guard. She doesn't score, but I guess she is an 8th grader on the best team in the state.

Another thing, did one of Beach's starting guards get hurt or foul out agianst Thompson? I just watched the last 4 minutes and overtime and Farstveet was in the whole time.

emily hardy went down when she collided with another beach player and one central cass player. i believe it was in the 4th quarter and i'm not sure if she returned. that may be why farstveet was holding down the PG duties those last few minutes.
Last edited by sportsfan10 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Indy5 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 10:42 pm

sportsfan10 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

emily hardy went down when she collided with another beach player and one central cass player. i believe it was in the 4th quarter and she didn't return. that's why farstveet was holding down the PG duties those last few minutes.

First of all I was talking about the opening round Thompson game, not the championship.

Second, Hardy did return. I was at the championship game. She was only out for a couple minutes.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan10 » Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:30 am

Indy5 wrote:
sportsfan10 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

emily hardy went down when she collided with another beach player and one central cass player. i believe it was in the 4th quarter and i'm not sure if she returned. that may be why farstveet was holding down the PG duties those last few minutes.

First of all I was talking about the opening round Thompson game, not the championship.

Second, Hardy did return. I was at the championship game. She was only out for a couple minutes.

oh, ok. my mistake.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby gbball » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:08 pm

Indy5 wrote:

No, Beach's starting guard, Kayla Dolyniuk, was not fouled out in the Thompson game nor was she hurt. Hailee was in for Kayla during the last 4 mins and OT.
gbball
NDPreps Rookie

Postby brockstar41 » Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:19 pm

idk maybe Paige Meyer from FCT
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby COACHWEST » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:21 am

Hannah Jacobs from Divide County. Not looking forward to seeing her for the next 5 years.
COACHWEST
NDPreps Starter

Postby Topgun » Thu Nov 18, 2010 4:49 pm

I dont think 8th graders should play high school basketball it is High School Basketball not JH Basketball
Topgun
NDPreps Starter

Postby Indy5 » Thu Nov 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Topgun wrote:I dont think 8th graders should play high school basketball it is High School Basketball not JH Basketball

A lot of schools have to out of necessity due to numbers. And if they are better than the older players, why not play them? Your job as a coach is to win games, so play the best players.
Indy5
NDPreps Legend

Postby brockstar41 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:48 pm

Indy5 wrote:
Topgun wrote:I dont think 8th graders should play high school basketball it is High School Basketball not JH Basketball

A lot of schools have to out of necessity due to numbers. And if they are better than the older players, why not play them? Your job as a coach is to win games, so play the best players.

A lot of people might not agree but i believe there is only two reasons by junior high players should be brought up. 1) If the team doesn't have the numbers like stated before, and 2) if the player is going to immediately contribute on the varsity level. If you bring up an eighth grader to play jv, then it will only hurt the players in their own grade.
brockstar41
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:34 pm

brockstar41 wrote:
Indy5 wrote:

A lot of people might not agree but i believe there is only two reasons by junior high players should be brought up. 1) If the team doesn't have the numbers like stated before, and 2) if the player is going to immediately contribute on the varsity level. If you bring up an eighth grader to play jv, then it will only hurt the players in their own grade.

I completely agree. Back when I was coaching I wouldn't even give a freshman a varsity uniform unless I felt they could contribute to help us win. I didn't give out jerseys just to sit at the end of the bench. I wanted it to be something to work hard towards and improve your game. I usually had 18-20 kids out for bball in 9-12 and usually had only 10-11 dress varsity even though 15 could dress. The year after I left the new coach gave 5 freshmen varsity jerseys ahead of 4 sophmores. The sophomores were ok players that could have at least contributed a bit at that level but the freshmen were way out of their league when they got in a varsity game. What happened? All the sophomores didn't go out the next year, they struggled to field two teams because numbers dropped and 2 years later they joined a co-op even though there are still enough kids in the school to field a team if they played.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby slugger4life » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:02 pm

Delaney Selvig from Rolette. She starts point guard for them as a 8th grader. Probably the best all around player on there team. I've seen her play a couple times. Fun to watch. Bright future for this young gal.
slugger4life
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ClassBEast » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:43 pm

Rylee Nudell from Maple Valley (7th grader). Granted, their team is very poor, but she is their leading scorer... 15 to 20 points a game.
ClassBEast
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:54 pm

52 points through 3 games - good for 17.3 ppg. MV is probably only averaging 40 points as a team per game.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Next

Return to Girls