Linton Lady Lions

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Linton Lady Lions

Postby Irish » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:49 am

With all the talk about Kidder County in Region 3, I believe the Lady Lions are a better team. Any comments on this? They have the bigs, the smalls, and the in betweens. Plus they have the bench and way more athletic girls than schools in 100 mile radius.
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Re: Linton Lady Lions

Postby Sportsrube » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:03 pm

I have only seen Linton once this year and havn't seen Kidder County at all, but I believe Linton has the depth and the athleticism to hold Benz in check and beat Kidder Country. I also think that Linton has much better coaching this year than Kidder County and will be better at adjusting and making the right calls during the course of the game. I think it will be close when these two meet but I'm picking the Lions to win the Region this year. (They should meet in the District and Regional Championship games)
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby SCCconferenceinsider » Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:33 pm

I will not take anything away from Kidder County, they are a solid team, but, Linton will be the team taking the Regional Championship.
SCCconferenceinsider
NDPreps Starter

Postby espnjunkie » Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:27 pm

How many times has a town had both boys and girls go to state in the same year? That would be SOMETHING for Linton this year! If the Lady Lions go the boys might get a little nervous..lightning doesn't strike twice very often! But that's what can happen when good programs are sustained year after year. Good Luck Linton!
espnjunkie
NDPreps Starter

Postby coachthree » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:32 pm

Pretty premature to pick who will come out of this region! kidder County and Linton have to be favorites but its really early, alot can happen before then. Both have good programs, Linton probably has the coach, Kidder County has Benz and 3 other returnees, have seen both play once this year but could not judge on that alone!
coachthree
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:24 pm

If Benz continues to play the same role she did last year, I would agree that they could be beat. Not sure exactly why the coaches are putting her in the spots they are? But, she needs to step up her game and her shot attempts per game. Shooting 8 or 9 times won't get it done for them this year. She needs to step up her attempts to around that 15 mark. It's early, but definitely should be a fun game to watch. Also amazing to think she switched her shooting hand as a senior. She definitely shoots better with her right hand.
bigpoppakdog

Postby baller030 » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:01 am

cant forget about napolean in region 3 by tourny time the could be pretty good with all the young talent
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jan 08, 2010 10:58 am

baller030 wrote:cant forget about napolean in region 3 by tourny time the could be pretty good with all the young talent

I agree, that program is really turning around. But I dont think they have the ability to play with Linton and KC. I just think those two teams are better and Linton has Coach Flyberg, thats a huge bonus for them over Napoleon and KC. Napoleon is a young team and I expect them to continue to get better and next year or the year after could very well be their year in the District.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby imperials » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:04 am

are you saying coach lehr is not a good coach
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby 07ndgolfer » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:08 pm

imperials wrote:are you saying coach lehr is not a good coach

Not necessarily, they're probably just saying Flyberg is a really good coach, which he is.
07ndgolfer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Sportsrube » Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:46 pm

07ndgolfer wrote:

Not necessarily, they're probably just saying Flyberg is a really good coach, which he is.

I was just saying that Flyberg is a very good coach, not dissing Lehr at all. He has really turned that program around in the last couple of years.
Sportsrube
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Irish » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:00 pm

Sportsrube wrote:
07ndgolfer wrote:

I was just saying that Flyberg is a very good coach, not dissing Lehr at all. He has really turned that program around in the last couple of years.

Lehr has done good things for Napoleon but he doesn't compare to Flyberg. Linton by 20 tonight.
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:12 pm

Napoleon can shoot layups. They can press. They can't shoot beyond 10 feet. Not too difficult to achieve.
bigpoppakdog

Postby imperials » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:57 pm

Irish wrote:
Sportsrube wrote:
07ndgolfer wrote:

Lehr has done good things for Napoleon but he doesn't compare to Flyberg. Linton by 20 tonight.

linton 71 napoleon 57 napoeon was missing a starter, young,not saying they would of won but she would make a diference because they are not that deep
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby imperials » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:59 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:Napoleon can shoot layups. They can press. They can't shoot beyond 10 feet. Not too difficult to achieve.

they made some 3 pointers tonight, last time i checked that was behind 10 feet
imperials
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:47 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:Napoleon can shoot layups. They can press. They can't shoot beyond 10 feet. Not too difficult to achieve.

Are you sticking with Napoleon as your pick to win this region or did you change it awhile back?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 pm

If you can find where I picked Napoleon to win this region this year let me know. I could not find it. I think it will be a dog fight between KC and Linton. Not sure if KC will get their new system figured out in time. Napoleon is still a year away at best. I would put them as the favorites starting next year, but really strong in two years.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Flip » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:02 pm

In the "2009-2010: Is it too early to ask?" thread:

bigpoppakdog wrote:
imperials wrote:coach lehr is a very good coach, he went into the year with only 2 girls that really had any varsity experience, and played 3 8th graders and won 17 games, look out for napoleon in the future

I will definitely give him credit for getting his girls to play hard. I like that style. He is to put it nicely very rough in his "act." I would have much more respect if he would drop the sarcastic comments and stop encouraging his players to throw elbows if they are disrespected and things like that. They are young and talented. That is why I predicted them representing the region next year. I guess what I meant by my comment is that girls are more fragile than boys and that type of demeanor usually doesn't work for kids anymore. I am not basing my opinion on any info provided by anybody...just from watching. So, I could be completely full of it, and his girls love to play for him.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:34 pm

I'm afraid I'm going to have to choke on that one. I will have to see them this year to see how much they improved.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Irish » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:46 pm

I also heard Linton was in foul touble most of the night. Maybe why the score was as close as it was. Districts not to far out, anything could happen
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby SCCconferenceinsider » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:16 am

Napoleon is not the dominate team in the district, only for one reason, THEY CANNOT CONTROL THE TEMPO WHEN THEY PLAY EITHER "LINTON" or "KIDDER COUNTY." They are a fast break team, they control their teams by pressing them. They do not know how to slow it down when needed, and get flustered when behind. They have excellent ball players, and I enjoyed watching them make a comeback against "Kidder County" when they switched to Man defense, but they just don't know how to control the tempo of the game against better teams. This is something that comes with experience, lots of young kids, or even, maybe something that they should work on in practice. (game like scenarios!!!)
SCCconferenceinsider
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:35 pm

Very true. Appears I would now give the edge to KC, though only a small edge, based on recent games. We'll see. I believe their date is coming up shortly.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Irish » Fri Feb 05, 2010 11:04 am

I have to eat my words. I thought Linton would win. I did see the game and Linton is overall more athletic, but something is wrong with the girls. Something going on in Linton I don't know about? Players? Coaches? Parents? Any insights would help. Districts around the corner and one of those three could hurt this team. I still think they are state bound unless something messes with the chemistry (players,coaches,parents)
Irish
NDPreps Starter

Postby CHS09 » Fri Feb 05, 2010 3:17 pm

I seen they lost to Herried SD in overtime also last Sat?
CHS09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baller030 » Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:16 pm

ya but herried is number nine in SD with losses to the defending state champs and a class A team with one loss both in overtime
"I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed."

-- Michael Jordan--
baller030
NDPreps Starter

Next

Return to Girls