First Official Poll

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: First Official Poll

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Dec 20, 2009 5:53 pm

sorry, wasn't paying attention to this thread anymore. My problem with the guys in red? A few months back a few of them were posting snippy comments that were assumptions. When somebody called them on it, they would post another snippy comment then lock the topic immediately afterwards. They would also cite reasons for locking topics that they themselves violated, then allow threads to continue that discussed how school board members were talking why a coach was going to be fired etc.., which is a legality issue.

The major problem I have is, sportswriters voting on things that they have no idea about. I would like to imagine if they voted for football also. Would be a complete disaster. I don't recall a player being left off the states best list in football, because it is voted on by coaches. Same thing should happen in basketball.

Another problem I have is the 2 post guys coming on and making it sound like they know what they are talking about(they might, but haven't proven it) and making it sound like I have no proven track record. If you make some predicts and they don't come true, don't pretend it didn't happen while you try to remove your foot from your mouth. Admit it, give props to those who deserve it and move on. And by all flippin means, stop using the "you need to get a life" line. If everybody indeed 'got a life" this site would not exist would it?

**also one more note** I am aware of my opinionated posts, if you check back a while ago, I indicated there is no way I could be a guy in red because i would have to ban myself at some point. this is a blogging forum, I don't take things very serious at all, and I would hope nobody else would either. So that is my disclaimer.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:24 pm

The first two polls are biased towards last year records/finish...sometimes they get it right...others not
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Hinsa » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:37 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:sorry, wasn't paying attention to this thread anymore. My problem with the guys in red? A few months back a few of them were posting snippy comments that were assumptions. When somebody called them on it, they would post another snippy comment then lock the topic immediately afterwards. They would also cite reasons for locking topics that they themselves violated, then allow threads to continue that discussed how school board members were talking why a coach was going to be fired etc.., which is a legality issue.

The major problem I have is, sportswriters voting on things that they have no idea about. I would like to imagine if they voted for football also. Would be a complete disaster. I don't recall a player being left off the states best list in football, because it is voted on by coaches. Same thing should happen in basketball.

Another problem I have is the 2 post guys coming on and making it sound like they know what they are talking about(they might, but haven't proven it) and making it sound like I have no proven track record. If you make some predicts and they don't come true, don't pretend it didn't happen while you try to remove your foot from your mouth. Admit it, give props to those who deserve it and move on. And by all flippin means, stop using the "you need to get a life" line. If everybody indeed 'got a life" this site would not exist would it?

**also one more note** I am aware of my opinionated posts, if you check back a while ago, I indicated there is no way I could be a guy in red because i would have to ban myself at some point. this is a blogging forum, I don't take things very serious at all, and I would hope nobody else would either. So that is my disclaimer.

Thanks for replying Poppa. I would hope none of us takes this site TOO seriously. Your point on snippy posts is well taken.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby toddjames » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:52 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:sorry, wasn't paying attention to this thread anymore. My problem with the guys in red? A few months back a few of them were posting snippy comments that were assumptions. When somebody called them on it, they would post another snippy comment then lock the topic immediately afterwards. They would also cite reasons for locking topics that they themselves violated, then allow threads to continue that discussed how school board members were talking why a coach was going to be fired etc.., which is a legality issue.

Calling out the Sportswriter again I see ... I'll say it once again they aren't the only ones that vote on the polls but you call them out specifically once again??? ... What I want to know is that if you "don't take things very serious at all" then don't make serious remarks like saying people are voting on things they have no idea about ... Contrary to what you believe to be true and are so opinionated about, I think most writers are pretty in tune to what's going on ... Like it has been said before, the first couple polls are based heavily on what teams bring back such as experience level, returning scoring and overall balance... I heard a coach just the other day say "you never really know what teams should be ranked what until about the third week of the season" ... There is nothing wrong with criticism but saying people that follow sports for a living don't have an idea what they are talking about? ...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:00 pm

I don't take things too seriously exchanging jabs on this site. I do however, take the recognition of athletes who are deserving very seriously. Leaving Eli Benz out to dry last year was a clear sign of writers not having a clue on what they were covering. Sorry, if the shoe fits, you have to wear it.

Eli Benz will go down as one of Kidder County's best athletes in their history(if not the best girls athlete) when this year is all said and done. To have only one(who really knows until the end of the year even) all state award is rather unjust. If it were left up to the coaches, I would venture to guarantee that some of the players put on that list would not have and there would have been some other names on the list. Bohrer from Hazen for example was another example of a player who was probably more valuable to that team, but for some reason was left out in the cold? A soph. all state first team?? C'mon. If you look at my posts toddjames, I do not post ridiculous comments unless someone does it to me first, then its game on. As far as my comments towards the mods, I think it was made clear enough. If you want to post stats go ahead, if you want to exchange words, then go ahead, be prepared to back up your words or eat them if necessary. Something I have no problem with doing myself. Fortunately for me, my track record has kept me from having to eat my words too often.
bigpoppakdog

Postby q » Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:28 pm

I'm sure the coaches would never leave a player off. There would be no politics, whatsoever. Maybe bigpoppakdog should start his own awards.
q -- the only letter that does not appear in any US state name
q
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goldeneagle12 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:16 pm

Who on the All-State team last year should have been left off? I know who is deserving in my region and surrounding regions. I also feel that I follow that sport as close as anyone. I can say I have seen many deserving kids left off, but they only allow so many each year. You may think someone is deserving as would someone else. I can only say that if you are in a small media area, you have to be really good to get voted on the list. Also Some dont have the team recognition to help them out, because they play in very small schools and we all now that it takes a team of players to get to state. So does this make them not worthy? I have seen some outstanding college careers from players in small schools that never made all-state. The All-state team is not the All-state all tourney team.
goldeneagle12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby goldeneagle12 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 5:24 pm

I also feel that you need to be a rounded player. Too many are only scorers, they should be able to dominate the game on both ends of the court. Media puts alot of emphasis on points, that is what makes it so hard to compile a list, without seeing them all play.
goldeneagle12
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls