Miss Basketball 2010

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Miss Basketball 2010

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:58 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
NDSportsFan wrote:NorthDakotaPreps.com is not media. You can even ask the NDHSAA. Many of the state athletic associations do not recognize any internet based coverage as media. They only recognize newspaper, radio, and television. They even specifically point out that sites like Rivals.com and Scout.com are never to be given media credentials at events because they make people pay for their information.

Anyway.........back to Miss Basketball 2010

Thanks for the clarification! The point I was trying to make was that I hadn't really seen anything in the media thinking that this site isn't the media.

I would consider the info(most of it) on this site very valuable. At least you can find out info from all areas of the state.....something that the "media" has indicated they don't always know. Which makes a guy wonder how they are responsible for the votes when they don't even have a clue on who they are voting for.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Stallng » Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:44 am

Sam Risan
Peltier
Stallng
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby cpthree_3 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:18 am

Juniors cant win the award? cause if they could, shauna long would win this award, easily. She is better then all the players listed above.
cpthree_3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby rock83 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:44 pm

wow someone is going over board. She is a very good player, but she isnt even top 10 all time for region 5, lets hold off a little bit about playing at tennessee or winning miss basketball.
cpthree_3 wrote:Juniors cant win the award? cause if they could, shauna long would win this award, easily. She is better then all the players listed above.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:04 pm

cpthree_3 wrote:Juniors cant win the award? cause if they could, shauna long would win this award, easily. She is better then all the players listed above.

I would say she is better at shooting the ball....ie the amount of shots she takes...avg. about what 25 to 30 shots a game?
bigpoppakdog

Postby cpthree_3 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:13 pm

She also averages about 6-7 assist per game. She was also the best player on a pretty good traveling team this past summer, won a couple mvp awards in some big tourneys.
cpthree_3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:09 pm

I believe eli benz avg. about 4.5 assists per game....and she was a post.. also avg. about 15 less shots per game....also has a state championship....also plays in a region much more difficult than region 5.
bigpoppakdog

Postby cpthree_3 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 11:52 pm

No disrespect to Benz, but I dont think she coulda led last years standing rock girls team to state like shauna did. I think Ryan White Bull is just as good as shauna, she is a very good post player, she didnt show up in the big game versus hazen, or else SR woulda upset hazen. Its gonna be fun to watch Long and Benz this year, plus some other good class b girls.
cpthree_3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:39 pm

cpthree_3 wrote:No disrespect to Benz, but I dont think she coulda led last years standing rock girls team to state like shauna did. I think Ryan White Bull is just as good as shauna, she is a very good post player, she didnt show up in the big game versus hazen, or else SR woulda upset hazen. Its gonna be fun to watch Long and Benz this year, plus some other good class b girls.

What place did Standing Rock get last year at State?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:52 pm

cpthree_3 wrote:No disrespect to Benz, but I dont think she coulda led last years standing rock girls team to state like shauna did. I think Ryan White Bull is just as good as shauna, she is a very good post player, she didnt show up in the big game versus hazen, or else SR woulda upset hazen. Its gonna be fun to watch Long and Benz this year, plus some other good class b girls.

Benz led KC to a state title and many victories over top 10 teams in state....Standing Rock had to beat New Salem to get to state...hardly a comparable accomplishment..especially since they(Standing Rock) beat new salem by 50 only a few weeks before. Don't get me wrong, I gave long many props before anybody else did...you can look back to see that. But if you look at that region, I don't believe anybody had a winning record other than standing rock.
bigpoppakdog

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 1:15 am

Considering i go to school with Long and White Bull, they are the top BEST players in Region 5 , yea probably not in state, but they shouldn't be left out..maybe next year they probably would be running for Miss Basketball , not saying its gonna happen, could be a possibility. Yeah they had to beat New Salem to get out of Region 5, considering they beat them like 50 a few weeks before. Still they should have no problem getting out of Region 5, i doubt Washburn could give them a run for their money. Even with Clayton transferring to washburn. Standing Rock wins this region hands down

and sorry for changing the subject!! back to Miss Basketball 2010
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 10:37 pm

Roehrich from Fargo South would probably be the front runner for next year, but we should probably stick to this season on this topic.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby live.for.this » Thu Nov 05, 2009 6:48 pm

bbfan65 wrote:casey geffre from Hankison?

i have to say yes.... her stats are just as good as burcks.. if not even better. don't get me wrong, Burck is good. I beleive a Miss Basketball candidate should be an all around player, someone who plays with a lot of heart and head.
live.for.this
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Baller » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:12 am

Its not just about stats though. Burck has been playing with Haring (miss basketball candidate last year) and Roehrich (probably the favorite for miss basketball next year) That is a lot of sharing the ball and so her stats are not going to be inflated the way other players' might be.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:38 am

Baller wrote:Its not just about stats though. Burck has been playing with Haring (miss basketball candidate last year) and Roehrich (probably the favorite for miss basketball next year) That is a lot of sharing the ball and so her stats are not going to be inflated the way other players' might be.

Burck is an outstanding player, and you don't need to go through her stats to prove that. Just catch a South game. As for Class B and in Region 1, if we are going on stats, you have to look at Maple Valley's Mariah Smith. I believe she is the state's 4th highest returning scorer, and has played her heart out since her freshman year.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:53 am

scoobyx2 wrote:
Baller wrote:Its not just about stats though. Burck has been playing with Haring (miss basketball candidate last year) and Roehrich (probably the favorite for miss basketball next year) That is a lot of sharing the ball and so her stats are not going to be inflated the way other players' might be.

Burck is an outstanding player, and you don't need to go through her stats to prove that. Just catch a South game. As for Class B and in Region 1, if we are going on stats, you have to look at Maple Valley's Mariah Smith. I believe she is the state's 4th highest returning scorer, and has played her heart out since her freshman year.

I'll agree with ya about Smith...but will she even get Senior athlete from Region 1?? You have Shelby Krueger from FSHP and Geffre from Hankinson to go with Smith.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:41 pm

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
scoobyx2 wrote:

I'll agree with ya about Smith...but will she even get Senior athlete from Region 1?? You have Shelby Krueger from FSHP and Geffre from Hankinson to go with Smith.

As far as talent goes, she is probably the best guard in Region 1, but unfortunately her team is very inexperienced, and she is about all they have. I think this is her 2nd year of being the only returning starter. If Maple Valley can get to the region tourney, she will be a strong candidate for the award.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Michigan12 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:52 am

Eli Benz- Kidder County
Michigan12
NDPreps Starter

Previous

Return to Girls