Region 5 -2009--2010

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Region 5 -2009--2010

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Who are your picks from this region to go to state? I pick Standing Rock, but Washburn could give them a run for their money.
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Re: Region 5 -2009--2010

Postby hoopsfan21 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:58 pm

I think Standing Rock has to be the favorite since they are the defending region champs, but, there have been alot of rumors floating around about a certain point guard not being there next year. This again is only rumor so who knows, if it is true it changes things for them alot. Washburn is going to be a solid team especially with their new player in, Underwood again is going to be tough, and TLM is also going to be tough, losing no one from last year. Other teams to watch could be New Salem, Coach Slag always puts a quality team on the floor and Max could surprise some teams this year. But for now favorites have to be Standing Rock and Washburn
hoopsfan21
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 2:41 am

Heard the same rumor. That point guard's mom (coach) is going to coach. Uncertainty about the coaching job was a worry, but she got her job back as head coach and i think the head coaching job for volleyball. So i think she wont leave for a another school.
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Have they improved from last year? Long can't do everything every game. They need a decent post player.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bestinthewest » Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:36 pm

last time i checked they had ryan white bull. and i believe shes more than a decent post player. they showed they can win with 2 really good players.....if they add a third, watch out.

and referring to long as really good is a huge understatement.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:06 pm

yes ..."really good" is a understatement... Standing Rock can only improve..Long has one more year left to go... 8) its true the team mostly involves long and whitebull...but they should get one more good player...all it takes is dedication and patience and practice...
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:18 pm

Let's just hope negative influences don't get to them....I say Standing Rock only has 3 losses going into Districts. Excited to watch them play this year! 8)
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby diehardfan09 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:09 am

what kind of negative influences?
diehardfan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cpthree_3 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:15 am

Shauna Long is the best player is class b, she plays with the boys at open gym, and she makes them look bad, she'd probably start for the boys standing rock team, and i think the boys team is a top 10 team in the sate. thats how good she is.
cpthree_3
NDPreps Rookie

Postby eastwood99 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 4:29 pm

[quote="diehardfan09"]what kind of negative influences?[/quote . Drugs, alcohol, boyfriends/pregnancy etc.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 3:15 pm

Standing Rock will probably have 4 losses going into districts..most will probably from SD teams.I predict that Standing Rock will be 6-0 district play and snag the "D9" crown and Region 5 title to go to state! they proved it last year by "almost" beating Hazen (73-72). This is a team that can only improve. If they develop another scorer i doubt anybody can beat them. Could be the 2010 state champs or 2011 state champs. :D
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:59 am

bestinthewest wrote:last time i checked they had ryan white bull. and i believe shes more than a decent post player. they showed they can win with 2 really good players.....if they add a third, watch out.

Yeah White Bull is the No. 2 ranked Native player in the Nation on Native Preps, Long is ranked 11th or so. White Bull is second to only Shoni Schimmel from Oregon who was featured on ESPN and is probably going to end up in the WNBA if she does well enough in college... pretty good company to be considered with there...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:44 pm

toddjames wrote:
bestinthewest wrote:last time i checked they had ryan white bull. and i believe shes more than a decent post player. they showed they can win with 2 really good players.....if they add a third, watch out.

Yeah White Bull is the No. 2 ranked Native player in the Nation on Native Preps, Long is ranked 11th or so. White Bull is second to only Shoni Schimmel from Oregon who was featured on ESPN and is probably going to end up in the WNBA if she does well enough in college... pretty good company to be considered with there...

Yeah, White Bull and Long are the top players in Region 5 and would give any team a run...still they should develop another scorer to be the top team in state
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:22 pm

WarriorsFan10 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

Yeah, White Bull and Long are the top players in Region 5 and would give any team a run...still they should develop another scorer to be the top team in state

I would agree that those two are the top in that region. They don't need another person to score, what they need is a group of 5 that can play defense. No offense, but that is why long should not have been an all state pick(first team), she does not play defense anywhere near "all-state" level. Unfortunately, the stat that matters is points/game when dealing with the media. If the rock can learn to play defense, they have plenty of offensive fire power to win the region...to make a run at state, you may be right there. One more girl that can avg. around 9 points of so would really help.
bigpoppakdog

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:07 pm

I watched the video on Shoni Schimmel.......that chick can ball! Not to get off topic.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 2:50 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
WarriorsFan10 wrote:
toddjames wrote:

I would agree that those two are the top in that region. They don't need another person to score, what they need is a group of 5 that can play defense. No offense, but that is why long should not have been an all state pick(first team), she does not play defense anywhere near "all-state" level. Unfortunately, the stat that matters is points/game when dealing with the media. If the rock can learn to play defense, they have plenty of offensive fire power to win the region...to make a run at state, you may be right there. One more girl that can avg. around 9 points of so would really help.

yeah they need to learn how to play defense. i would agree because they cant rely on scoring too much. If standing Rock learns how to play defense then i bet they could go far into the post season. not like that would of matter, they already showed they can go far last year. yeah a another solid scorer would benefit but i agree defense is the top key for Standing rock to learn.
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby diehardfan09 » Wed Nov 04, 2009 3:17 pm

yes long does play at open gym with the boys. because none of the SR girls want to play ever! not ever THEE *RYAN WHITEBULL* white bull shouldn't b ranked 2nd in the nation for native players. there are far better athletes than her.No offense
diehardfan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby toddjames » Thu Nov 05, 2009 5:52 pm

eastwood99 wrote:I watched the video on Shoni Schimmel.......that chick can ball! Not to get off topic.

Yeah she can, definitely DI material for sure... sorry off topic again lol...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:36 am

diehardfan09 wrote:yes long does play at open gym with the boys. because none of the SR girls want to play ever! not ever THEE *RYAN WHITEBULL* white bull shouldn't b ranked 2nd in the nation for native players. there are far better athletes than her.No offense

sure yea long does play all the time...one thing she should learn is to *PASS* the ball... White Bull has to deal with pressure from her team mates and coaches and friends, that can get to a person but seriously long is the big top player for standing rock but she still needs white bull, even shauna cant carry a team by herself
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 1:20 pm

Christine Miller from New Town did. :lol: I think its possible......I saw Long do it 1st game at state last year.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby diehardfan09 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:15 am

did you watch any of the regular season games WarriorsFan10? i agree long sometimes forces a shot when not needed. but also had some amzing passes that whitebull either.. didnt catch.. or jus threw it up backwards like against hazen in 1st round of state?
diehardfan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 3:05 pm

Ok..ok .. i know Long is the top player in the state, averaging 24points per game but with White Bull, Standing Rock wouldn't be were it is today. still i think Long can carry the team but her teammates would probably have to step it up. Still they're the "Dynamic Duo" like batman and robin...lol! :lol: they have been playing together since elementary school!! Standing Rock will be a contender for the state title.. its my prediction. WICALA!!!((( believe)))
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:02 pm

Always best to speak highly of both and say they are equally important, because they are. Both great players at their positions, so they are both needed. Best thing is to keep all the negatives away, so they stay on the same page. SR will need these two to lead the way to state and have others step up and play hard... Should be a good team once again this year...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby diehardfan09 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:09 pm

okay warriorsfan10 you seem to know whitebull and long personally. how was the off season? both workin hard playing in tournaments, camps...etc.?
diehardfan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Elevenfan » Thu Nov 12, 2009 3:51 pm

diehardfan09 wrote:yes long does play at open gym with the boys. because none of the SR girls want to play ever! not ever THEE *RYAN WHITEBULL* white bull shouldn't b ranked 2nd in the nation for native players. there are far better athletes than her.No offense

Standing Rock will most likely win the region and possibly even state. Long is great, Whitebull is great, and there are other great Native players around the state. I don't know who determined the "Native Rankings" and I know this is a Class B site, but Sasha Golus is definitely the best Native female player in the state.
Elevenfan
NDPreps Reserve

Next

Return to Girls