Region 5 -2009--2010

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5 -2009--2010

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:18 am

Sure, Sure!! Standing Rock can only improve, they play New Salem in a few weeks, i can assure you they wont get stuck playing the simple boring game New Salem always brings. 8)
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bestinthewest » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:14 pm

the simple boring game seemed to have worked last year...i guess since you are from standing rock, flash and show are your priorities. let's just see what happens on the court shall we?
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:38 pm

boring game that lead them to 3 straight state appearances. We will have to wait and see. Its fun, cause one of us is going to have to remove foot from mouth come march. I just hope your shoe size isn't too large so you can remove it. :D

I supported the rock all last year when nobody else would. Problem is, I don't see them improving. Long will get 30 points and thats it. Nobody else(whitebull maybe, but does anyone really know) can step up. If you don't play defense you need to score more than 50 points to win. Standing Rock can't do that.
bigpoppakdog

Postby underdog » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:43 am

I believe The Rock was defeated again last night.

They are hardly playing like a team that's a "shoe in" to win Region 5. What is that 3-4 losses in a row??
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 am

underdog wrote:I believe The Rock was defeated again last night.

They are hardly playing like a team that's a "shoe in" to win Region 5. What is that 3-4 losses in a row??

They are 0-3 after last night's loss...Shauna Long will fill it up every night (37 points last night) but there is no other scorer on the team and their defense is horrible
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:40 pm

Lakota Nation Invitational
Standing Rock 101 - Takini "SkyHawks"--21
Standing Rock 78 - Hill City "Rangers" -31
Standing Rock 51 - Cheyenne Eagle Butte "Braves"--60
*Cheyenne EagleButte won the LNI tournament, considering Standing Rock hung in there with them!*
Standing Rock 67 - White River--42
Standing Rock 73 - Mandaree--46

Standing Rock is now (4-4) overall. They lost to Mobridge SD by 2 points but were up most of the game. Lost to EagleButte by 9 points considering EagleButte beat the South Dakota State Class A girls champions Pine Ridge, who won the LNI tournament three times in a row..Standing Rock will probably beat the Lady Holsteins easy.. so yeah.. will find out when they play them on January 15th..
you guys are just hating on Standing Rock!!
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:21 am

Wow, why not play White Shield and Solen? Then they would have 6 wins. Are they the best Rez team in the state, probably. Have to wait and see though, the season is far from over and they could get things rolling again. They were fun to watch last year when they had things rolling along. From the sounds of it, the "mojo" from last year is definitely gone. Nobody is hatin' just wondering how a team with 4 losses could get votes as one of the top teams in state at this point. Many people were "hatin" on the rock last year.....except the dog...I had your back and they didn't let me down. Just not willing, at this point, to put them as the region favorites. There are a few teams that have improved since last year. Standing Rock appears to have gone the other way PLUS teams have figured out if you can score more than 50 points against the rock you should win. I would be surprised if teams don't start playing a box-and-one against them trying to shut long down...or just let her get her 30 and keep everyone else below 20. If you had a team with a few quick quards that are in shape, I would go with the box-n-one. Keep her below 20 and see if the rest of the team can score 30-35 points. I would say she could score 35 points easier than the rest of the team could otherwise you could let her score and shut the rest down.
bigpoppakdog

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:16 pm

Well you basically just now said that? wont be surprised if teams start doing that!!!! New Salem figured that out last year.. Well come heck or high water!!! im a TRUE STANDING ROCK FAN im with them if they lose or win!!!!
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Dec 23, 2009 2:55 pm

That's good. Support them no matter what. That is what a true fan is. Have a good Christmas.
bigpoppakdog

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:27 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhJPaxmFH8

check out this video! great shots of the Standing Rock Lady Warriors
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:41 am

WarriorsFan10 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhJPaxmFH8

Thanks for the link...what is Shauna Long's uniform number?
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Fri Dec 25, 2009 3:44 pm

scoobyx2 wrote:
WarriorsFan10 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHhJPaxmFH8

Thanks for the link...what is Shauna Long's uniform number?

number 23, you should check out Ryan White Bull's block! at 4:24.. crazy..shut her down! and the behind the back pass to Ryan White Bull, crazy!!!
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:00 pm

Thanks for the link... Good recap from the LNI
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:54 pm

Standing Rock destroyed McIntosh SD. and Center-Stanton
SR 75-55 McIntosh

SR 82-31 Center-Stanton
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby cometdad » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:22 pm

WarriorsFan10 wrote:Standing Rock destroyed McIntosh SD. and Center-Stanton
SR 75-55 McIntosh

SR 82-31 Center-Stanton

Putting the boots to weaker teams has never really impressed me. Seems like Margret may be trying to pad her daughter's stats for the scholarship run. Guessing she won't be coaching in two years and doesn't really care if the younger kids get any playing time or not.
cometdad
NDPreps Starter

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:12 pm

They have always played McIntosh and they had to play Center because they're in the same district. Well Tonight they face New Salem...lets see how this goes?? 8)
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby GoodO'LBoy » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:21 pm

cometdad wrote:
WarriorsFan10 wrote:Standing Rock destroyed McIntosh SD. and Center-Stanton
SR 75-55 McIntosh

SR 82-31 Center-Stanton

Putting the boots to weaker teams has never really impressed me. Seems like Margret may be trying to pad her daughter's stats for the scholarship run. Guessing she won't be coaching in two years and doesn't really care if the younger kids get any playing time or not.

Thats a heck of a thing to say about a coach who puts in A LOT of time taking the entire team to camps and tourneys during the off season.

Seems to me your a jealous dad. See how that works? Anyone can throw around ridiculous accusations.
GoodO'LBoy
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Jan 16, 2010 9:06 am

Well, there are many adjectives a guy could use to describle friday nights meeting between standing rock and new salem. Pretty much the same thing happened last year. The Rock absolutely....well.....lets just say "wow" came out of my mouth so many times before the 1st quarter came to an end. The Rock built a 25 point lead in the first quarter by playing defense. I did not think they played near that type of defense last year. Shauna Long is a baller. She can put up 30 easier than anyone I've seen. She had 17 points alone in the first quarter on something like 7-7 shooting. I think their whole team shot like 70% the first half. Their press got them easy layups and they all shot lights out the first half. Second half they didn't press....shauna long sat quite a bit....all of their players played a lot of minutes..Whitebull is still a tough post..they she still doesn't appear to be enjoying things out there. Seems as though some of the other girls have worked on their games. If they play like this 3 games in the regional tournament, nobody will come close. Appears you have to hope standing rock comes out and shoots cold early. Frustration might set in and you have a good shot at beating them. Almost happen to them last year. They run very good x's and o's that get people to the correct spots on the floor. They have a very aggressive press. If you like to see a high scoring run and gun style from the 80's versus half court set it up, pass it 10 times etc...go see Standing Rock. You will get your $5 worth.

**also, I think the comments about Gates need to be left out of these posts. They do more than just shoot. They press, run different zones, run multiple offensive sets etc.. also playing in other tournaments in south dakota versus playing more local teams might be a benefit.
bigpoppakdog

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:42 am

bigpoppakdog wrote:Well, there are many adjectives a guy could use to describle friday nights meeting between standing rock and new salem. Pretty much the same thing happened last year. The Rock absolutely....well.....lets just say "wow" came out of my mouth so many times before the 1st quarter came to an end. The Rock built a 25 point lead in the first quarter by playing defense. I did not think they played near that type of defense last year. Shauna Long is a baller. She can put up 30 easier than anyone I've seen. She had 17 points alone in the first quarter on something like 7-7 shooting. I think their whole team shot like 70% the first half. Their press got them easy layups and they all shot lights out the first half. Second half they didn't press....shauna long sat quite a bit....all of their players played a lot of minutes..Whitebull is still a tough post..they she still doesn't appear to be enjoying things out there. Seems as though some of the other girls have worked on their games. If they play like this 3 games in the regional tournament, nobody will come close. Appears you have to hope standing rock comes out and shoots cold early. Frustration might set in and you have a good shot at beating them. Almost happen to them last year. They run very good x's and o's that get people to the correct spots on the floor. They have a very aggressive press. If you like to see a high scoring run and gun style from the 80's versus half court set it up, pass it 10 times etc...go see Standing Rock. You will get your $5 worth.

**also, I think the comments about Gates need to be left out of these posts. They do more than just shoot. They press, run different zones, run multiple offensive sets etc.. also playing in other tournaments in south dakota versus playing more local teams might be a benefit.

I agree, this team, i think got off to a bad start of a season. i mean going for 0-3, is tough to overcome, and with their expectations so high. Standing Rock you know will come out tough during District and Region Tournament time. You can guarantee they wont take any team for granted.

They play Solen tonight...
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:05 pm

Hows District 10 looking? and District 9. anybody know the standings in these districts
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:53 pm

WarriorsFan10 wrote:Hows District 10 looking? and District 9. anybody know the standings in these districts

I can have that posted on here by Friday...if you don't mind waiting that long.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:16 am

DISTRICT 9
District Overall
W L W L
Flasher 4 0 7 5
Standing Rock 2 0 9 4
Grant County 2 1 9 3
New Salem 3 2 8 5
Shiloh Christian 1 3 1 13
Solen 1 3 4 9
Center-Stanton 1 5 2 9

DISTRICT 10
District Overall
W L W L
Underwood 5 0 11 2
Max 3 1 8 5
Washburn 3 2 9 3
Turtle Lake-Mercer 2 2 8 4
Wilton-Wing 2 3 5 9
Sheridan County 0 3 4 6
Garrison 0 4 2 11
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby espnjunkie » Thu Jan 21, 2010 1:05 pm

I think this might finally be Underwood's year for Dist. 10. They are playing plain good BB right now and are well coached. Alix Auck continues to improve as a player and a leader and and Dammen is dangerous from the perimeter. Washburn, another very well coached team, IMO will be the only team to challenge them for a district title. Schell can be a game changer and her teammates look impressive. Also cannot count out Max and Jacobson. She's another solid build around player and could help her team sneak in the dist. final. TLM's domination in Dist 10 appears to be over. Despite the talent pool...they cannot seem to get it together this year which is surprising to me from the play I saw early at the cty tourn and I don't think they lost any starters from last year...?? If Standing Rock can stay focused and healthy I don't see them getting beat in Dist. 9. Long is just that good and can elevate her team to do what it takes to make a return trip to state. Flasher has talented, competitive athetes so will give them the best chance of beating the Rock.
espnjunkie
NDPreps Starter

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Thu Jan 21, 2010 4:17 pm

I wouldn't count out Standing Rock, they know what it takes to get back to State. They know they got tough teams to beat, Underwood, i guess would meet them in the Regional Final. Can't really say what the outcome would look like. But Standing Rock has been playing some good basketball and defense.. i mean they stepped it up, from last year. Last year they didn't play near that type of defense, and they some players who worked on their game from last year. Not saying Standing Rock is unbeatable, but they'll be tough come tournament time. We'll find out come March.
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby scramblinfran » Thu Jan 21, 2010 6:45 pm

I don't think anybody is counting out Standing Rock. I think they should definitely be the favorite come Regional time, but there are a few teams capable of challenging them. I think if Underwood takes care of the ball they could give them a run. If Washburn shoots the ball decent - they could hang with them. Max - I think would get into a track meet with them, and Standing Rock is awfully good in those kinds of games. Turtle Lake, on a good shooting night, might be able to make Standing Rock one dimensional enough to have a chance at them. From District 9 - I think New Salem still probably has the best chance at the upset. I know they got taken apart earlier, but I believe that happened last year too and they came back to give SR two good games at tournament time. Flasher - I haven't seen yet this year, so I will wait on them.
scramblinfran
NDPreps Starter

PreviousNext

Return to Girls