Region 5 -2009--2010

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: Region 5 -2009--2010

Postby toddjames » Thu Nov 12, 2009 6:56 pm

Elevenfan wrote:
diehardfan09 wrote:yes long does play at open gym with the boys. because none of the SR girls want to play ever! not ever THEE *RYAN WHITEBULL* white bull shouldn't b ranked 2nd in the nation for native players. there are far better athletes than her.No offense

Standing Rock will most likely win the region and possibly even state. Long is great, Whitebull is great, and there are other great Native players around the state. I don't know who determined the "Native Rankings" and I know this is a Class B site, but Sasha Golus is definitely the best Native female player in the state.

Agreed on that one... I sent an e-mail suggesting that Golus needs to be on the list but didn't get a response or a change. I think NDN Preps held ranking tournaments or camps throughout the summer, not sure where or when? Golus should definitely be on the list and if they have White Bull that high she would likely be above her meaning White Bull would be No. 3 and Golus No. 2... Schimmel would stay No. 1 though, she's going to be a great D1 standout very soon...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:48 am

diehardfan09 wrote:okay warriorsfan10 you seem to know whitebull and long personally. how was the off season? both workin hard playing in tournaments, camps...etc.?

well i know that Long was in a travel team from SD. as was Sadie Agard. I dont know about White Bull but things should go smoothly practice for the Standing Rock Lady Warriors starts Monday Nov. 16th.
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby espnjunkie » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:07 pm

What was with the "no shows" for SR at regional VB tournament ? Any truth to that and if so...hope their dedication improves immensely or they won't make if far in BB regardless of Long's ability.
espnjunkie
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:03 pm

I dont think NDN Sports does very good research on players for their rankings....How come Miller, Bearstail, Knife or Finley were never on that list? They were fast, smart, and took their teams to state.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Nov 16, 2009 3:27 pm

eastwood99 wrote:I dont think NDN Sports does very good research on players for their rankings....How come Miller, Bearstail, Knife or Finley were never on that list? They were fast, smart, and took their teams to state.

Yeah thats true, How come they weren't on the list??
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby toddjames » Mon Nov 16, 2009 4:55 pm

Prolly the same reason a lot of kids get excluded from ND... A lot of kids get overlooked in ND on the national scene, native and non-native alike... I think people have this misconception that their isn't a abundance of talent in the state, which is very much not true... I would guess that White Bull and Long played at one of their ranking tournaments somewhere and tore it up... Just a guess but if they anyone of those girls aforementioned I'm sure they would make the list...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby diehardfan09 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:31 am

i know Long played all over this past summer. Texas, Oklahoma 2x, Phx, idaho?, and maybe wyoming. maybe she was seen at one of those tournaments. as for whitebull being a no show at regions remains a mystery. i thought i over heard it being a "boyfriend problem" truth is standing rock may not have the drive they did last year and state wont be an easy ticket for them.
diehardfan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Hinsa » Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:35 pm

diehardfan09 wrote:i know Long played all over this past summer. Texas, Oklahoma 2x, Phx, idaho?, and maybe wyoming. maybe she was seen at one of those tournaments. as for whitebull being a no show at regions remains a mystery. i thought i over heard it being a "EDITED" truth is standing rock may not have the drive they did last year and state wont be an easy ticket for them.

Diehard - being a newbie you need to know that we do not allow rumors about personal information. Please refrain.
Twins and Vikings Forever!
Hinsa
NDPreps Legend

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:09 pm

Basketball Season is coming up, the Warriors play Hazen, wonder how that is going to go???
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Nov 23, 2009 9:58 pm

I am confidently going to say

Hazen 75- Opp with about 25, Bohrer 20 and the rest will combine for 30
Rock 40-Long 25 and the rest 15.

Longs performance from last year will not be repeated. Hazen will rotate a 6'0 guard on her all night. She still will get her 25...though it might be something like 12 for 35 from the field. Hazen always seems to play better during the regular season than tournament time.
bigpoppakdog

Postby scoobyx2 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:11 pm

WarriorsFan10 wrote:Basketball Season is coming up, the Warriors play Hazen, wonder how that is going to go???

I am going to go with Hazen. Opp is expected to be one of the best players in Class B, and she should have a lot of help from her teammates. The Warriors will really have to step up their defense to get to state again this year. Long could easily be the highest scorer in the game, but I am guessing the game will be decided early for Hazen.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby diehardfan09 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:33 am

well i agree if long plays defense like at the state tournament standing rock is going to have a tough night vs. hazen. also there is a huge height advantage
diehardfan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby eastwood99 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:47 am

When is the game, and where is it at? I'd like to go and watch.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:00 pm

eastwood99 wrote:When is the game, and where is it at? I'd like to go and watch.

its on December 12th, at 6pm? i think, the SR boys team plays too, so im guessing the girls will play at 6pm. :?
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:08 pm

SR probably will get defeated, but i think it will be a tough hard fought game, each shot will probably had to be worked for, and you can expect Hazen is gonna play tough, Hazen is a Athletic team, so im guessing its probably gonna be tough for SR to get some easy shots, Long and White Bull have to get it going early for them to have a chance, or its lights out.
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby cometdad » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:36 pm

My thoughts on district 10 after the tournament in Wilton.

1. TLM - most balanced team there.
2/3. Washburn - not as potent as I thought they'd be (without Clayton playing).
2/3. Underwood - might suprise some people this year.
4. Max - talented but just not deep enough and you could really see it by night number three.
5. Garrison - was really suprised by how hard they worked.
6. Wilton - didn't look too good but if they improve as much as they did over the course of the volleyball season they could move up a bunch.
?. Sheridan County - not at this tourney so not sure where they'll fit in.

Anyone else?
cometdad
NDPreps Starter

Postby thebigshow » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:21 pm

cometdad wrote:My thoughts on district 10 after the tournament in Wilton.

4. Max - talented but just not deep enough and you could really see it by night number three.
6. Wilton - didn't look too good but if they improve as much as they did over the course of the volleyball season they could move up a bunch.

Anyone else?

Underwood wont be number 3 in the district. I thought max was better then them. I think max might be better than Washburn.
thebigshow
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cometdad » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:03 am

I thought Max looked good too - just don't think they'll have enough gas in the tank to finish a three game tournament with such a short bench. Was a different team from night one to night three in Wilton.
cometdad
NDPreps Starter

Postby rock83 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:46 am

I dont know if TLM is the most balance, the tallest yes. They still have trouble handing the ball.
Max being better than Washburn is interesting. I think the last two time Max and Washburn have met its been by over 25 points each time. That might be a reach.
Doesnt look like any of the teams in the district are real potent.
How do you really think the teams will finish by district tourney?

thebigshow wrote:
cometdad wrote:My thoughts on district 10 after the tournament in Wilton.

Anyone else?

Underwood wont be number 3 in the district. I thought max was better then them. I think max might be better than Washburn.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby underdog » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:03 pm

The top four teams in Dist. 10 are pretty evenly matched IMO. Max played T.L.M tougher than nails in the semi-finals and actually was ahead by nine at the end of the third quarter and ran outta gas in fourth. As stated in an earlier post they arent very deep and I think that's going to haunt them as the season progresses. Max played as bad in the 3/4 place game against Washburn as the Cardinals did in the semi's against Redeemers. I think they (Washburn) are a better team than Redeemers, they just did'nt show up ready to play that night.

T.L-M might be playing the best right now. Jordyn Sondrol is best player in the Dist. as we speak IMO, she's scored over 20 pts. every game so far, and is a rebounding machine. There is alot of season to go to say the least, but I think Dist. 10 is going to have some entertaining games coming up. I think the top team in Dist. 10 will compete with anybody in Region 5.

P.S. rock 83, although Washburn beat up on Max the other night, Max actually beat Washburn in the regular season last year. I cant remember if they played each other in the Dist. tourney, but if they did, it was without two time All Dist. player Christina Jacobson who was sidelined with a knee injury. And they did'nt win by over 25 both games.
underdog
NDPreps Starter

Postby broncogirl818 » Tue Dec 08, 2009 10:50 pm

WarriorsFan10 wrote:Who are your picks from this region to go to state? I pick Standing Rock, but Washburn could give them a run for their money.

Underwood beat Washburn tonight 44-40. Underwood was up by at least ten points all game, but Schell scored 5 in a row under the basket.
broncogirl818
NDPreps Rookie

Postby cometdad » Fri Dec 11, 2009 10:17 am

thebigshow wrote:Underwood wont be number 3 in the district. I thought max was better then them. I think max might be better than Washburn.

What's up with Max - saw two losses this week (Surrey and Velva) that I was suprised by. Noticed no Jacobsen in the box score from the Surrey game - is she out sick?
cometdad
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:26 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:I am confidently going to say

Longs performance from last year will not be repeated. Hazen will rotate a 6'0 guard on her all night. She still will get her 25...though it might be something like 12 for 35 from the field. Hazen always seems to play better during the regular season than tournament time.

Another post indicated Hazen 71 Rock 56. Chalk another one to the dog!

Also noticed Beach destroyed the Rock. They were up by 30 at the end of the 3rd.

Also saw Carrington has disposed of Kidder County and Hazen.

I am going to predict New Salem will return once again to the big show out of this district. Standing Rocks cinderella run last year will not be repeated. Too much one player and no defense. Should be more like Staning Rock. No "d" New Salem is loaded again for the next 3 years at least.
bigpoppakdog

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 5:54 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:
bigpoppakdog wrote:I am confidently going to say

Another post indicated Hazen 71 Rock 56. Chalk another one to the dog!

Also noticed Beach destroyed the Rock. They were up by 30 at the end of the 3rd.

Also saw Carrington has disposed of Kidder County and Hazen.

I am going to predict New Salem will return once again to the big show out of this district. Standing Rocks cinderella run last year will not be repeated. Too much one player and no defense. Should be more like Staning Rock. No "d" New Salem is loaded again for the next 3 years at least.

New Salem doesnt stand a chance..im sure STANDING ROCK WILL DISPOSE OF THEM, AND I THINK STANDING ROCK HAD SHAKY START TO THEIR SEASON, BUT THEY DIDNT HAZEN RUN ALL OVER THEM LIKE BEACH DID, :twisted:
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Dec 13, 2009 7:48 pm

they were won layup away from stickin a fork in standing rock in the region title game. Everybody knows its pretty simple.

Shauna Long = 25-30 points/game
rest of team = 15-20
total= 40 to 50

New Salem and a couple other teams in the region can do just that. Your quote will come back to haunt in a few months. Believe me, I won't let you forget it. Enjoy it while you can.
bigpoppakdog

PreviousNext

Return to Girls