Bottineau's Kelsey Peltier verbals NDSU

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Bottineau's Kelsey Peltier verbals NDSU

Postby nodakst » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:06 pm

Word is that Kelsey Peltier out of Bottineau has veballed the Bison and will join 6'3" Miki Stephenson (Moorhead) in the Bison frosh class of 2010.
nodakst
NDPreps Reserve

Re: Bottineau's Kelsey Peltier verbals NDSU

Postby Makotifarmguy » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:45 pm

According to the Fargo Forum, they believe she will sign in November.

Interesting.......

I guess I will need to watch her this fall. didn't realize she was that good. It takes a great deal of strength and ability to play at the D1 level. Heck it takes that for D1 JUCO level and most can't make that leap.
"Take the bull by the horns"
Makotifarmguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby vballfan06 » Mon Jul 06, 2009 4:48 pm

I've been really impressed with what Dehoff has done in her one year at NDSU. However, the question that's always out there is---you always try to have someone from the state on the roster (so will she play, or is this one of 'those' recruiting ploys).
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby Mr. Knowitall » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:18 pm

At the D1 level, ecspecially in the type program where they are trying to rebuild, it's not likely that this is a recruiting ploy at all. Evidently the coaches had fallen in love with her while she was at the Bison camp.
Experience tells you what to do; confidence allows you to do it.
Mr. Knowitall
NDPreps Starter

Postby mplsfan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:50 pm

If she has made that much improvement it bodes well for Bottineau this year. They will be looking for some firepower and leadership with the loses that graduation brought this year. She was always the heir apparent but maybe this says she has stepped it up another level. I see them as being competitive but not the overwhelming favorite they've been for the last ???... # of years. Could they return the favor and be the ones to knock off Kenmare this year? Sorry, that's a long way off and purely spur of the moment speculation.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:41 am

As a big NDSU fan, I have been very disappointed in the women's basketball program in the past few years with their recruiting. Last year was a very strong year for ND girls basketball and they didn't pick up anyone from ND-Collins, Knife, Feeney, etc. I haven't really seen Peltier play since the State tournament her sophomore year, and I am curious to see who NDSU thinks is a top recruit in ND. Also, I hope they are looking at Buck and Petersen from Century and Burck and Roerick from South.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:32 am

From the Forum:
Last year as a junior, the 5-foot-7 Peltier averaged 10.1 points and almost 4 rebounds per game

I've never seen her play, but to me if you're one of the best players in the state your numbers should be better than this.

Did NDSU see her a lot while they were recruiting other Bottineau players?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:39 pm

NDSU fell in love with her while she was at their camp.
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:50 pm

Baller wrote:NDSU fell in love with her while she was at their camp.

If you are replying to me, this doesn't answer my question.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby balla45 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:48 am

I think that she probably had more a chance to show all of her ability at the NDSU camp. At Bottineau, she was not the number 1 option on her team, and I would think she was able to show a wider variety of her skills when she was probably the best player on her team at this camp.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby Dunseith_Runners » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:22 pm

Kelsey will be a good addition to NDSU. They won't find another girl that works harder then Kelsey. She knows basketball and is a very heady player. She can shoot the three with the best of them and has range well beyond the arc. She will be a very good role player for the Bison. I have watched her since the 5th grade and she is the real deal when it comes to basketball. I am happy for Kelsey and her father Danny couldn't be prouder. As for her numbers being so low I guess you just have to watch her play. She does alot more then scores. She is a wonderful defender and does all the little things well. I wish her the best.
Dunseith_Runners
NDPreps Starter

Postby Eminence » Tue Jul 14, 2009 11:14 am

Congrats to Kelsey. She must have played well at their camp but I don't actually think they went to one of her games.... If they had actually went to a Bott. game's. it would be hard to believe that they would not have picked Shaunna Knife and would choose Kelsey,. Kelsey is good but no where close to Shaunna.

It is good to see that NDSU has actually picked a North Dakota player. It just doesn't seem that they put a whole lot of thought into their recruiting. After all, they picked, Paige Beck - 6'2"- Sioux Falls SD, with no varsity experience prior to signing and was suspended during her senior year for disiplinary reasons..........
You miss 100% of all shots you don't take!
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nodakst » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 am

SU also pulled in Hannah Linz who is a first teamer allstate in Minnesota this last year so there is rationality behind theri recruiting.

Regarding Beck, she supposedly had an excellent summer on the AAU circuit despite limited varsity experience. She currently is recovering from injury and will sit out this next year.
nodakst
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:19 am

nodakst wrote:SU also pulled in Hannah Linz who is a first teamer allstate in Minnesota this last year so there is rationality behind theri recruiting.

Regarding Beck, she supposedly had an excellent summer on the AAU circuit despite limited varsity experience. She currently is recovering from injury and will sit out this next year.

Linz is an absolute stud.
Beck never played varsity because she was always hurt, doesn't seem like much has changed. I'm pretty sure she has had major surgery on both knees. Summer of '08 she played on the Minnesota Stars AAU team, but she was on the 3rd team.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Eminence » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:13 am

True, Linz is a stud and a great pick by the Bison.

The point I was trying to make was that they really are not watching North Dakota girls play. We have alot of really good players and they are not taking advantage of it. One girl in 9 years should not be acceptable. I am a Bison fan but until they go back to having ND girls on their roster, I wouldn't pay to see their game.

Again, Congrats to Kelsey. I hope she is more than just a role player and will represent ND. NDSU is a North Dakota University, not South Dakota and not Minnesota.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfan65 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:05 am

In response to Eminence, a coach at the college level wins or gets fired. All programs recruit at home first but if talent isn't there then what are they suppose to do. Give the coaches some credit for having a better eye for talent than the average fan. I have gone to some summer tournaments to watch and the talent level outside of ND is better. At this time our best doesn't measure up. That can't be said every year but in the recent history that is the case.
bbfan65
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Eminence » Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:19 am

I disagree, ND girls and boys can compete with the other states. We currently have ND girls playing D-1 outside the states so coaches do see the talent and are recruiting them away for our ND schools. Just this last year, Sarah Feeney went to University of Denver, Kelpenski to the University of Mexico, Mic Kraft Creighton .......

UND seems to find them, maybe I should have been a UND fan - Privasky, Houdek, etc ..... This is just a few...
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:34 pm

North Dakota produces outstanding athletes, and they can definitely compete with kids outside the state. It is frustrating to hear that there were D1 capable ball players in the state who didn't even get scouted by NDSU, and they go on to play out of state. At least, NDSU track has figured it out. They have recruited and signed small town athletes like Carlson and Killoran and they have gone on to finish in the top 10 nationally.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bbfan65 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:34 pm

To say that NDSU didn't recruit these girls is foolish. Once the new coach gets things in order and puts a little buzz back in the girls program some of these girls will stay closer to home. Being in transition as a program and having a coaching change slowed the program but based on how the women did last year with 7 players at the end of the season there should be some excitement in the future. As far as the quality of players goes I watched Fargo South at a team camp and they got hammered by Sioux Falls Washington even though the final was only 10 points. Washington has one senior on the roster and she doesn't even start. South will win the EDC going away and they would have a tough time making the state AA in south Dakota.
bbfan65
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:54 pm

bbfan65 wrote:To say that NDSU didn't recruit these girls is foolish. Once the new coach gets things in order and puts a little buzz back in the girls program some of these girls will stay closer to home. Being in transition as a program and having a coaching change slowed the program but based on how the women did last year with 7 players at the end of the season there should be some excitement in the future. As far as the quality of players goes I watched Fargo South at a team camp and they got hammered by Sioux Falls Washington even though the final was only 10 points. Washington has one senior on the roster and she doesn't even start. South will win the EDC going away and they would have a tough time making the state AA in south Dakota.

But that doesn't mean that there aren't quality players on South who could play D1. There are great players throughout the state especially in Class B who play on teams that are weak due to numbers, but you would think that a North Dakota university would take a look at them especially if they caught the eyes of out of state D1 schools. It is foolish that NDSU haven't even watched several All-Staters from the state...
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Eminence » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:02 am

bbfan65 wrote:To say that NDSU didn't recruit these girls is foolish. Once the new coach gets things in order and puts a little buzz back in the girls program some of these girls will stay closer to home. Being in transition as a program and having a coaching change slowed the program but based on how the women did last year with 7 players at the end of the season there should be some excitement in the future. As far as the quality of players goes I watched Fargo South at a team camp and they got hammered by Sioux Falls Washington even though the final was only 10 points. Washington has one senior on the roster and she doesn't even start. South will win the EDC going away and they would have a tough time making the state AA in south Dakota.

On NDSU bisonville site, two years ago Mandan won the Twin City Classic. They didn't recruit one player from Mandan or North Dakota even. So your theory that other states are better is stupid!

"Ali"te (Elite) Collins
Class A Girls

congrats to Ali Collins for winning the MVP ball at the 2007 Twin Cities Classic in Pierre, SD over SDSU verbal Katie Lingle, Purdue verbal Sam Ostarello, Drake verbal Amber Wollschlager, and Iowa State verbal Alexis Yackley.

Also, saying that there hasn't been a girl in the last couple of years is also idiotic. UND has no problem finding ND talent. Check out their roster.

Again, now they have finally picked a ND girl, we will definetly be watching Kelsey and supporting her. Also, I hope they pick Burick from Fargo South. [/quote]
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bruins44 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 8:45 am

bbfan65 wrote: As far as the quality of players goes I watched Fargo South at a team camp and they got hammered by Sioux Falls Washington even though the final was only 10 points. Washington has one senior on the roster and she doesn't even start. South will win the EDC going away and they would have a tough time making the state AA in south Dakota.

I was also at the NDSU team camp, SF Washingon did beat South but it was not a blowout, infact South was ahead at halftime and if it wasnt for a Washington girl making 8 three pointers South would have won, and South had only 1 Senior that played also! with that said.. is SD AA basketball better than ND A basketball? probably at the top, with the SF schools but does that mean players from ND are not good enough to play at the lower D1 level at NDSU? I think not! There are girls from ND both class A and B that can play at this level, not alot but they are out there. The Bison need to recruit these girls and keep them home. Hopefully Peltier will be a good addition to the Bison and girls like Burck and Roehrich from South will follow.
bruins44
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Eminence » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:36 am

bruins44 wrote:
bbfan65 wrote: As far as the quality of players goes I watched Fargo South at a team camp and they got hammered by Sioux Falls Washington even though the final was only 10 points. Washington has one senior on the roster and she doesn't even start. South will win the EDC going away and they would have a tough time making the state AA in south Dakota.

I was also at the NDSU team camp, SF Washingon did beat South but it was not a blowout, infact South was ahead at halftime and if it wasnt for a Washington girl making 8 three pointers South would have won, and South had only 1 Senior that played also! with that said.. is SD AA basketball better than ND A basketball? probably at the top, with the SF schools but does that mean players from ND are not good enough to play at the lower D1 level at NDSU? I think not! There are girls from ND both class A and B that can play at this level, not alot but they are out there. The Bison need to recruit these girls and keep them home. Hopefully Peltier will be a good addition to the Bison and girls like Burck and Roehrich from South will follow.

I hope so... It would be fun to watch Burck and Roehrich play at NDSU.
Eminence
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bbfan65 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 11:28 am

I find it hard to believe that NDSU wouldn't recruit a girl from ND if they were good enough to play. Seems a bit of a stretch considering Coach Ruley made her living with ND girls on her teams. UND does have ND talent but they would get hammered by SDSU. Check out the UND roster in a few years it will have fewer ND girls than it does now. Look how the roster changed at NDSU on the FB. Last year they targeted 3-4 kids from ND. Having D1 teams in ND will generate more chances for the top players each year to stay closer to home and not go the New Mexico and Denver Univ. down the road.
bbfan65
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Flip » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:54 pm

bbfan65 wrote:I find it hard to believe that NDSU wouldn't recruit a girl from ND if they were good enough to play.

Me too.

UND does have ND talent but they would get hammered by SDSU.

This doesn't mean much. Most teams would/get hammered by SDSU. UND probably would have been 2 or 3 in the Summitt last year.

edit: nvm I'm thinking of UND 2 years ago...I'm not sure how good they were last year. I never paid attention b/c they weren't competing for anything.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Next

Return to Girls