All Decade team 00's

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

All Decade team 00's

Postby ndfan » Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:47 pm

A pretty popular topic on the boys side and its the off season what are peoples thoughts?
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Re: All Decade team 00's

Postby balla45 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:00 am

I won't pretend to be a Class B girls genius, but I like Shauna Knife, Kayla Baransthen(sp?), and Rebecca Feickert are easily up near the top. Christine Miller winning Miss. Basketball must get some consideration, along with the Gillettes.
~I have no patience for anyone who doubts me, none at all. My entire goal is to make them feel ashamed for writing me off.

Jordan Maurer
North Dakota Phenom - President
jordan.maurer@northdakotaphenom.com

~Be phenomenal or be forgotten.

~It does not take talent to hustle!
balla45
NDPreps Legend

Postby ndfan » Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:06 am

Yeah its tougher for me to come up with names but one that comes to mind right now is Katie Lorenz from Langdon. I agree with Knife also, how about Ruthie Dockter and the Rommeich(sp) girl from Bottineau? Samantha Baldwin from Grafton is another one.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sat Apr 11, 2009 10:31 am

1. Shauna Knife
2. Andrea Ronderos Washburn(I believe she graduated in the 2000 decade)
3. Ruthie Dockter Washburn(although never played college ball...went to college for school.)
4.Teryl Norton New Salem. 3 state tournament appearances.
5.Kristen Bearstail Shiloh Christian. Would have been to state more than once if not for Norton and their 3 straight appearances.
6.Bittner from Glen Ullin. Glen Ullin hasn't produced a girls bb team that made a serious threat to getting to state. Had she played for a team that was better, probably would have heard a lot more about her.

honorable mentions from this area: Trudy Doll New Salem. Was the region athlete of the year her senior year. She made all the other region athletes look like midgets when they were on tv. But unfortunately never made a run during the regional tournaments. Katie Schindler shiloh christian. Still even during chemo treatments she would put in 20+ points and 10 rebounds. Again probably would have appeared in more tournaments without New Salems run. Hope she wins her battle with cancer.

probably many others with more credentials than the honorable mentions, but I would think #2-6 would be locks on the list.
bigpoppakdog

Postby toddjames » Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:22 pm

She might have yet to seal a spot, but Shaunna Long from Standing Rock will eventually be on the list...
Bobbi Grann from NR-S should also be considered... she didn't score as much this year (on a more balanced team), but when she was at Minnewaukan-Leeds, she'd hit for at least 25 a night, over 30 more than a few times, and played well since a young age...
They are a few more girls from Bottineau that could be considered also along with Knife... Sara Neubauer I guess is the biggest one that comes to mind... I think she was a Miss Basketball finalist also?
The Roemmich girl was also pretty good, but she seemed to be hurt a lot, especially in her senior year...
toddjames
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby alexanderthegreat » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:08 am

Kayla Barenthsen would be a must for this list... she had well over 2,000 for her career... not sure on the exact number.
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
alexanderthegreat
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:37 am

scc wrote:Add Tracy Morseth to the list. She helped Larimore to back-to-back undefeated seasons.

I knew Larimore had a really good player in those years, just couldn't think of her name.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby pakkyzoo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 11:11 am

Kirstie Gillett from Dakota Prairie was Senior Player of the Year in the state in 2007 and 3rd place in the Ms. Basketball voting. Finished with 1,600 career points and plays at UND. Has to be in considereation.
pakkyzoo
NDPreps All-State

Postby baseball » Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:44 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:
scc wrote:Add Tracy Morseth to the list. She helped Larimore to back-to-back undefeated seasons.

I knew Larimore had a really good player in those years, just couldn't think of her name.

post with the blonde hair? i cant think of the name either but someone from that team has to be on the list....they were loaded. also had a good shooter if i remember right.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Leah Klabo
Katie Lorenz
Bekka Fiekert
Andrea Ronderos
Jessica Zundel
Liz Jahner
Ruthie Dockter
Nicci Schorsh
Chelsea Hausauer
Christine Miller
Shaunna Knife
Kristi Gillette
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby ndfan » Sun Apr 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Here just a few of the things Katie Lorenz accomplished in high school. Found it on NDSU website.

High School Days: A 2002 graduate of Langdon High School ... Selected North Dakota's “Miss Basketball,” Class B Player of the Year and North Dakota's Gatorade Player of the Year in 2001-2002 ... Named the Region 4 Player of the Year and Senior Player of the Year in 2001 ... Averaged 22.1 points, 8.2 assists, 5.9 rebounds and 4.4 steals in leading Langdon to a 21-4 record during her senior year ... Connected on 50.3% from the field including 40.5% from the 3-point line and 75.7% from the foul line in 2001 ... Ended outstanding prep career with 2,107 points, 887 assists, 646 rebounds and 542 steals in 119 career games ... Four-time all-conference performer ... Set several records for Langdon including points in a career and points in a game (35) ... Also tied the most 3-pointers made in a game (7) ... A three-time all-state performer including first team selections as a junior and senior ... Honorable mention high school All-American ... Named to the state Class B all-tourney squad as a freshman and sophomore ... An all-state, all-district and state all-tourney performer in volleyball ... Finalist for North Dakota's “Miss Volleyball” and selected District & Region Player of the Year as a senior ... Three-time all-state performer in golf ... Regular on the ‘A’ Honor Roll... Finalist for Wendy Heisman Award ... Class president ... Future Business Leaders of America (FBLA) president ... FBLA state award winner.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby sportsfan10 » Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:32 am

Baller wrote:Leah Klabo
Katie Lorenz
Bekka Fiekert
Andrea Ronderos
Jessica Zundel
Liz Jahner
Ruthie Dockter
Nicci Schorsh
Chelsea Hausauer
Christine Miller
Shaunna Knife
Kristi Gillette

i would put bobbi grann in your list but other than that i agree with most of this
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby white chocolate » Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:10 am

the 2 stremick girls from langdon and karla beck from S-M
white chocolate
NDPreps Rookie

Postby big fan » Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:11 pm

Abby Reiter Hatton-Northwood had 1,920 points and 1,147 rebounds...
big fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Sat Apr 18, 2009 7:04 am

Baller wrote:Leah Klabo
Katie Lorenz
Bekka Fiekert
Andrea Ronderos
Jessica Zundel
Liz Jahner
Ruthie Dockter
Nicci Schorsh
Chelsea Hausauer
Christine Miller
Shaunna Knife
Kristi Gillette

I like the list, but would maybe add Samantha Baldwin from Grafton.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Apr 19, 2009 10:05 am

some great names mentioned. Forgot about some of them. How about Teryl Norton from new salem? Point guard for the holsteins for 5 years, helped lead them to 3 straight tournament appearances, 13 three pointers in the state tournament(without shooting 25 times...sorry about the jab, but teryl did not shoot 25 times a game). must have ended with close to 2000 points for her career. Now plays for DSU. Arguably one of the top floor generals for Class B girls the past 10 years. Probably played on the most talented team in state. Yes that does also mean as talented as bottineau. Again I mean they were as athletically talented as any team and even bottineau.
bigpoppakdog

Postby rock83 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 5:00 pm

Leah Klabo
Katie Lorenz
Karla Beck
Andrea Ronderos
Jessica Zundel
Liz Jahner
Ruthie Dockter
Nicci Schorsh
Chelsea Hausauer
Christine Miller
Shaunna Knife
Kari Wilcox

As for New Salem being the most talented teams in the last 10 years. You have to be from New Salem to think that. They would have had alot of difficulty playing against the bottineau teams, ruthie dockter washburn teams and the larimore teams. Not even a comparison.
bigpoppakdog wrote:some great names mentioned. Forgot about some of them. How about Teryl Norton from new salem? Point guard for the holsteins for 5 years, helped lead them to 3 straight tournament appearances, 13 three pointers in the state tournament(without shooting 25 times...sorry about the jab, but teryl did not shoot 25 times a game). must have ended with close to 2000 points for her career. Now plays for DSU. Arguably one of the top floor generals for Class B girls the past 10 years. Probably played on the most talented team in state. Yes that does also mean as talented as bottineau. Again I mean they were as athletically talented as any team and even bottineau.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Apr 19, 2009 7:31 pm

they did compete with ruthie dockter teams. Battled them to the end of the region final when they were freshman. Anybody that saw the holsteins play for those 3 years would also say they were loaded with talent . were the #1 ranked team for every week except 1 when they were seniors. Now having said that, I don't want to say they were better than bott., but were indeed athletically loaded for 3 years. The year they played bott. in the state finals was the same night the A.D. who was in the final stages of cancer actually got to attend a game. His daughter was a starter. Don't want to say they had no chance, but hard for a team to gather their emotions.

But then again, my credibility isn't up to the Rock83 standards. You've proved that all year how your wisdom is right on and mine is waaaaay off base. :?
bigpoppakdog

Postby rock83 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:26 pm

They played Washburn and lost. That team of Washburn's was probably not as strong as the previous three years, even with Ruthie as a senior. The previous two years they were in the state championship game, lost a few seniors and Ruthie's senior year they got eighth. Thats the year they beat New Salem in the region championship by 10. New Salem had a nice team and a nice run. I think if you talked to coaches that have been around awhile, they would disagree with your comparison between washburn and new salem. And there was a reason ruthie dockter was ms basketball she was really really good. norton was a terrific player but a whole different league there.
You might have picked a couple of games this year, doesnt make you coach k.

bigpoppakdog wrote:they did compete with ruthie dockter teams. Battled them to the end of the region final when they were freshman. Anybody that saw the holsteins play for those 3 years would also say they were loaded with talent . were the #1 ranked team for every week except 1 when they were seniors. Now having said that, I don't want to say they were better than bott., but were indeed athletically loaded for 3 years. The year they played bott. in the state finals was the same night the A.D. who was in the final stages of cancer actually got to attend a game. His daughter was a starter. Don't want to say they had no chance, but hard for a team to gather their emotions.

But then again, my credibility isn't up to the Rock83 standards. You've proved that all year how your wisdom is right on and mine is waaaaay off base. :?
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Apr 19, 2009 8:42 pm

your missing my point. New Salem was loaded with talent. As much talent as any team in the state(class b). Does that mean they were the best? No. Their state record pretty much sums it up. Would I take Norton, Seeger, Lauf, Kautzman, Tellmann and be scared to play anybody in the state the past 10 years? Absolutely not. Those 5 could play with anybody. Plus another 6 deep on the bench. Again, I am not saying they were the best team the past 10 years, but as athletically loaded with talent as any team the past 10 years. Washburn had great teams also. Great coach to push them to new levels every year. Was evident this year in his return that he still has it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Washburn in the show next year. I'll wait until the dust settles with the rumors or transferring etc...until I make that call.

My credibility goes a lot further back than a month or two ago. In fact, I don't recall Rock83 until a month or two ago. I've got several years of "lack of credibility" behind me.
bigpoppakdog

Postby rock83 » Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:17 pm

I agree with what you said about they, new salem, wouldnt have been afraid to play anyone. I agree they were a very good team. Its nice to hear people have interest and enthusiasm about the game.

bigpoppakdog wrote:your missing my point. New Salem was loaded with talent. As much talent as any team in the state(class b). Does that mean they were the best? No. Their state record pretty much sums it up. Would I take Norton, Seeger, Lauf, Kautzman, Tellmann and be scared to play anybody in the state the past 10 years? Absolutely not. Those 5 could play with anybody. Plus another 6 deep on the bench. Again, I am not saying they were the best team the past 10 years, but as athletically loaded with talent as any team the past 10 years. Washburn had great teams also. Great coach to push them to new levels every year. Was evident this year in his return that he still has it. I wouldn't be surprised to see Washburn in the show next year. I'll wait until the dust settles with the rumors or transferring etc...until I make that call.

My credibility goes a lot further back than a month or two ago. In fact, I don't recall Rock83 until a month or two ago. I've got several years of "lack of credibility" behind me.
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:23 am

I don't know what it is, we always seem to run into each other? Probably due to being in the same area, so we have some familiarity with what and who we are talking about.
bigpoppakdog

Postby roison33 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 2:06 pm

I don't know a lot about this subject, but I'd be impressed if anybody this decade was better than Katie Lorenz. I think Langdon gave her the key to the city haha (seriously). But I don't think anybody has mentioned Karna Plaine. 4 year starter at Crookston. She could have played Boys and been good, she was so strong and physical. She got overshadowed from Lorenz. Karla Beck was pretty amazing in HS too.
roison33
NDPreps Starter

Postby eastwood99 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:04 am

STARTERS
Andrea Ronderos
Christine Miller
Kayla Barenthsen
Kristen Bearstail
Shaunna Knife

BENCH
Kayla Rommeich