All Decade team 00's

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: All Decade team 00's

Postby rock83 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 9:42 am

first team

Katie Lorenz
Andrea Ronderos
Ruthie Dockter
Chelsea Hausauer
Jessica Zundel

second team

Karla Beck
Liz Jahner
Christine Miller
Shaunna Knife
Kari Wilcox
Leah Klabo

YOu really cant be serious about the list below. Very good players but if you have seen all the players play you really wouldnt have put together that list. Again very good, but I dont think you realize how much more physically dominating these girls were. must be from region 5 to come up with this list. I've seen all these players a great deal and the above players were not just all state but were dominating.
eastwood99 wrote:STARTERS
Andrea Ronderos
Christine Miller
Kayla Barenthsen
Kristen Bearstail
Shaunna Knife

BENCH
Kayla Rommeich
Abby Reiter
Teryl Norton
Shaunna Long
Kia Herbal
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby alexanderthegreat » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:56 am

doesn't Rebecca Feickert have to be on this list? She's at Kansas now...
Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear.
alexanderthegreat
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndfan » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:30 am

alexanderthegreat wrote:doesn't Rebecca Feickert have to be on this list? She's at Kansas now...

I think she needs to be on the list!
Rebecca Feickert A 2006 graduate of Goodrich HS in Goodrich, N.D. ... Led the Coyotes to three district runner-up finishes from 2004-2006 ... Named team MVP three years straight from 2004-2006 ... Selected by the Minot Daily News as Player of the year as a senior and to the all-area team as a sophomore and junior ... Earned first team All-State honors as a junior and senior, and second team accolades as a sophomore ... Named North Dakota Miss Basketball for 2006 ... Winner of the North Dakota Class B Senior Athlete of the Year award ... Averaged 22 points, 15.5 rebounds, 4.25 blocks, 3.7 assists and 3.6 steals per game while shooting 56 percent from the field and 82 percent from the free throw line ... Also drained a total of 44 three-pointers while shooting 50 percent from beyond the arc ... Ended her high school career with totals of 1,798 points and 1,372 rebounds ... Best single game totals included 38 points and 28 rebounds ... Had her #40 high school jersey retired after the 2006 season ... Coached in basketball by Brent Hintz ... Also lettered three seasons in volleyball, inlcuding being named MVP of her team during her junior season ... An excellent student who earned a 4.0 GPA and was named to the 2006 Academic All-State team ... Winner of the Distinguished Student Award as a junior and senior ... Earned 26 college credits while in high school.
Matt Houdek. @ndfan55
ndfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby eastwood99 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:51 am

rock83 wrote:first team

Katie Lorenz
Andrea Ronderos
Ruthie Dockter
Chelsea Hausauer
Jessica Zundel

second team

Karla Beck
Liz Jahner
Christine Miller
Shaunna Knife
Kari Wilcox
Leah Klabo

YOu really cant be serious about the list below. Very good players but if you have seen all the players play you really wouldnt have put together that list. Again very good, but I dont think you realize how much more physically dominating these girls were. must be from region 5 to come up with this list. I've seen all these players a great deal and the above players were not just all state but were dominating.
Andrea Ronderos
Christine Miller
Kayla Barenthsen
Kristen Bearstail
Shaunna Knife

BENCH
Kayla Rommeich
Abby Reiter
Teryl Norton
Shaunna Long
Kia Herbal

I'm from New Town....and of course I have seen everyone on my list play. If I didn't then they wouldn't be on it. If I didn't have people that YOU think should be on the list then I probably haven'tseen them play. Besides, is there really a right list for an all decade team? These are meant to be our own opinions right? Not just yours rock83..... 8)
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby eastwood99 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:53 am

Besides......Miller and Herbal were and are both physical players that can bang with anyone.
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rock83 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:22 am

I'm sure that some of the players are on your list are physical as well. But I am talking about not just physical, but dominating and lots of skill to go along with it. These players on the first team were all around players that could hit jumpers but also post you up and physicall dominate. Players wouldnt want to guard these ladies because of how difficult to guard and strong they were. They are in a whole different league. I realize you may not have seen these ladies play, but you would understand if you did. If you every watched a college player come back and play against a high school player, thats the way these girls were in high school. No one will say differently. Your team has very good players on it, but at the beginning of the 2000's some of the players were at a whole different league.

eastwood99 wrote:
rock83 wrote:first team

Katie Lorenz
Andrea Ronderos
Ruthie Dockter
Chelsea Hausauer
Jessica Zundel

second team

Karla Beck
Liz Jahner
Christine Miller
Shaunna Knife
Kari Wilcox
Leah Klabo

Andrea Ronderos
Christine Miller
Kayla Barenthsen
Kristen Bearstail
Shaunna Knife

BENCH
Kayla Rommeich
Abby Reiter
Teryl Norton
Shaunna Long
Kia Herbal

I'm from New Town....and of course I have seen everyone on my list play. If I didn't then they wouldn't be on it. If I didn't have people that YOU think should be on the list then I probably haven'tseen them play. Besides, is there really a right list for an all decade team? These are meant to be our own opinions right? Not just yours rock83..... 8)
rock83
NDPreps Starter

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Apr 26, 2009 10:56 am

Everybody's list has had impressive players. All those girls did very well. My only question is the Herbal girl from New Town. Right now she has developed into a great bb player for DSU. But, as far as high school goes, she herself indicated she sucked. Though I'm sure she was better than she gave herself credit for. I did see her play in h.s. and she definitely isn't the same player now as she was then. Too many other players who accomplished more in high school than her.
bigpoppakdog

Postby eastwood99 » Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:44 pm

Herbal was always tough in high school it's just that their was always something wrong with her...but she still is good considering she got a scholarship with only one year of high school ball. Oh yeah sorry for spazzing out rock83. :wink:
Frank Lucas
eastwood99
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Flip » Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:07 pm

Nicci Schorsh and Leah Klabo never played in the 00's decade.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:22 am

Flip wrote:Nicci Schorsh and Leah Klabo never played in the 00's decade.

I believe they were both 00 grads/
"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Flip » Mon Jul 27, 2009 11:33 pm

scc wrote:Girls basketball was still played in the fall at that time, so their final season was 1999.

Bingo. Klabo was in the same recruiting class at NDSU as 1999 Miss Basketball Lora Schauer. Schauer and Schorsh both played in the 1996 state tournament as freshman. I think Schorsh played in the 1997 tournament as well.
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Postby Fadeaway3 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:35 pm

Jackie Sanden, a Wyndmere alum, deserves to be on the list. She scored well over a thousand points in her career (not sure on exact number) and played for NDSU. I think she graduated in 04 or 05.
Fadeaway3
NDPreps Rookie

Previous

Return to Girls