Lisbon

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Lisbon

Postby Mailman_25 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:19 pm

Just heard Coach Bittner resigned. Will a new coach be able to turn things around?
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Re: Lisbon

Postby bigpoppakdog » Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:11 pm

According to school board minutes, Barb Sweet was offered the position.
bigpoppakdog

Postby coachh » Sat Jun 13, 2009 3:06 pm

Turn things around?????

Coach Bittner ran a great program for a long time. Sure, last season may have been a dissapointment but what control did he have over one of his best, and one of the region's best post players breaking her hand mid-season?

You should also consider that District 1 is one tough district, Hankinson, FCT, Richland.

Coach Bittner, enjoy your free time and watching your kids play. You've done well.
coachh
NDPreps Reserve

Postby WalkingStick » Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:33 pm

coachh wrote:Turn things around?????

Coach Bittner ran a great program for a long time. Sure, last season may have been a dissapointment but what control did he have over one of his best, and one of the region's best post players breaking her hand mid-season?

You should also consider that District 1 is one tough district, Hankinson, FCT, Richland.

Coach Bittner, enjoy your free time and watching your kids play. You've done well.

Richland is NOT in District 1!!
One Stop Shop for All North Dakota Scores
https://www.northdakotaprepscoreboards.com/

"Control what you can control...Can't fix ignorant people"
WalkingStick
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby number1fan » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Mailman_25 wrote:Just heard Coach Bittner resigned. Will a new coach be able to turn things around?

You serious!!! Turn things around?!!! He ran one of the best programs in the region/state. His teams always competed and played hard. District 1 and region 1 are always one of the toughest in the state!!!
number1fan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bbfever » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:37 pm

Just gotta stir the pot alittle with a question. Miss Brad yet?????? I would be if I was from Lisbon.
bbfever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:52 pm

bbfever wrote:Just gotta stir the pot alittle with a question. Miss Brad yet?????? I would be if I was from Lisbon.

It has definitely not been a good season...
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby bbfever » Sat Jan 23, 2010 6:36 pm

Dont get me wrong, its not all the coaches fault by any means. But, I honestly think Brad was a good coach. So I am sorry if that came off sounding like a slam on the Lisbon coaches. After I read my own post I kind of thought I looked like I was slamming them and that was not my intention.
bbfever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby Mailman_25 » Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Yes, I was serious when I said turn things around. I also believe that Coach Bittner was a great coach and should not have been replaced. But the Lisbon girls were averaging around 5-6 wins a year for the last 3-4 years. I wasn't taking a shot at Coach Bittner. Simply stating that more wins would be turning the program around and had nothing to do with philosophy, coaching, etc. Obviously the new coach has not turned that corner yet either.
Mailman_25
NDPreps Starter

Postby vballfan06 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:04 pm

I don't think one season is giving Sweet a fair shot.
The players she has right now just aren't all that basketball savvy. It takes more than one season to fix that.
vballfan06
NDPreps Starter

Postby bbfever » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:44 pm

Oh i wouldnt say they arent savey at all!!! There are some very good basketball players on that team.
bbfever
NDPreps Reserve

Postby sportsmart » Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:25 pm

yeah aren't there lots of seniors??? Thought they would be very good this year
sportsmart
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls