2009 Miss Basketball Finalists Named

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

2009 Miss Basketball Finalists Named

Postby sportfan2007 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 9:41 pm

Finalists named for Miss Basketball

The Associated Press - Thursday, March 12, 2009

BISMARCK, N.D.

Ali Collins of six-time defending state champion Mandan is one of five finalists for the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association's Miss Basketball award.

Joining Collins on the list of five finalists are Kelsey Sigl of Bismarck, Morgan Dale of Jamestown, Caitlyn Haring of Fargo South and Shaunna Knife of Bottineau.

Collins, a two-time all-stater, is averaging 18.9 points, eight rebounds and a state-leading 5.8 steals for the Braves, the six-time defending state champions.

Sigl, a 5-foot-11 forward, is averaging 16.5 points and eight rebounds for Bismarck, which won the West Region regular-season title.

Haring, a 5-6 guard, has led South to a 22-0 record and the No. 1 ranking in Class A. She is averaging 9.8 points, seven rebounds, six assists and five steals.

Dale, a 5-11 guard-post, has averaged 15.6 points, nine rebounds and four assists for Jamestown.

Knife, a 5-10 guard, was the Class B senior athlete of the year as chosen by the coaches. She averaged 19.3 points, seven rebounds, two steals and three assists for the Stars.

The winner will be announced after Saturday's Class A girls championship.

Copyright © 2009 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. The information contained in the AP News report may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without the prior written authority of The Associated Press.
sportfan2007
NDPreps Starter

Re: 2009 Miss Basketball Finalists Named

Postby 3girlsbbmom » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:14 am

Have to say i am somewhat disappointed in this years picks, not to say that these girls are not deserving of the nomination, but only 1 girl from class B doesnt seem right. What about Lindsey Sand from Kidder County? How is a player of that magnitude not considered, I would put her against any class A or class B players and she would win everytime! Who picks these ladies? What is the criteria to be selected? Please dont turn this into a class A versus class B thing this is not my intention, just would like to know how they are chosen and why some really good players were not.
3girlsbbmom
NDPreps Reserve

Postby scoobyx2 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:31 pm

I think the list of 2009 candidates were pretty good, except I am surprised that Sarah Feeney from Bismarck High isn't on the list. Last year Class B had a lot of strong seniors, but this year was definitely a Class A year. Just watch the State A tournament, the caliber of players in that class is really high. Ali Collins is hands down the best player in state. Anybody who has watched her can't really disagree.
scoobyx2
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby Raider08 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:49 pm

After seeing Collins play she deserves it IMO, I like her much better then Sand
Raider08
NDPreps Starter

Return to Girls