2009-2010: Is it too early to ask?

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2009-2010: Is it too early to ask?

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:29 pm

Oak Grove is in the same boat as those smaller schools...quite a few younger girls playing up this year.
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby shoelace » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:03 pm

gobison#6 wrote:
shoelace wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
bbfan65 wrote:I follow region 1 and Hankinson would have to be listed ahead of Casselton. They return a Geffre and Wahl and bring back some decent support players. They have one it the last two years and they should be the favorite. CCass returns only one starter and they will need some time to see how the new players fit into new roles. FSHP will have a good team also. If Milnor can fill some holes to give the Tompkins girl some help they might suprise some teams.

Central Cass may only return one starter...but 3 of the girls from the bench played more than the starters last season. Central Cass will be tough to beat this year!

Agreed Dixon and Roesler always subbed in right away with Gegelman not far behind. These three play very well together and work well with Kraft. Central Cass had a great JV team that blew just about everyone out of the water, in fact, they've went undefeated the last two seasons, so I'm sure there will be some younger girls to contribute in depth at the varsity level.

Gegelman and Dixon should have started last year.

I don't think it mattered who started last year for the Squirrels. Coach Kraft worked them all into the mix; she had eight players that worked well together, and I don't think it mattered who started. It was just unfortunate how the season ended last year. This being said the Squirrels have Four solid varsity experienced girls with a few younger girls that could fill the shoes of those seniors lost. Watching them this year at summer leagues Voss, Weber, and Breske really caught my eye.
shoelace
NDPreps Rookie

Postby shoelace » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:05 pm

Ginsbach wrote:
shoelace wrote:
WalkingStick wrote:
bbfan65 wrote:I follow region 1 and Hankinson would have to be listed ahead of Casselton. They return a Geffre and Wahl and bring back some decent support players. They have one it the last two years and they should be the favorite. CCass returns only one starter and they will need some time to see how the new players fit into new roles. FSHP will have a good team also. If Milnor can fill some holes to give the Tompkins girl some help they might suprise some teams.

Central Cass may only return one starter...but 3 of the girls from the bench played more than the starters last season. Central Cass will be tough to beat this year!

Agreed Dixon and Roesler always subbed in right away with Gegelman not far behind. These three play very well together and work well with Kraft. Central Cass had a great JV team that blew just about everyone out of the water, in fact, they've went undefeated the last two seasons, so I'm sure there will be some younger girls to contribute in depth at the varsity level.

Well Ginsbach, Central Cass has 16 girls out for high school basketball... so....

You cannot judge a varsity team by JV success, especially at the class B level.

Central Cass's JV is so dominant simply because they are a larger school. They have lots of players - enough to fill two teams. Smaller schools like Hankinson or FCT or Richland don't have enough girls going out for the sport in order to create two full teams. A lot of the time, these smaller schools have to look to 7th or 8th graders in order to create enough bodies in order to even have a JV.

This also helps fuel the JV domination of some of the larger Region 1 schools (Central Cass, Oak Grove, Lisbon) over the smaller ones. Oftentimes, they are playing juniors against 8th graders. It's almost expected they should win.
shoelace
NDPreps Rookie

Postby WarriorsFan10 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:31 am

Does anybody know about the STATE Region Pairings... :D
Lady Warriors-forever the underdog
WarriorsFan10
NDPreps Starter

Postby coachthree » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:27 pm

1 vs 6
3 vs 5
2 vs 7
4 vs 8

same as state volleyball! So region 5 may have to contend with the state champs!
coachthree
NDPreps Rookie

Postby Run4Fun2009 » Tue Nov 17, 2009 11:58 pm

coachthree wrote:1 vs 6
3 vs 5
2 vs 7
4 vs 8

same as state volleyball! So region 5 may have to contend with the state champs!

I like the fact that Hazen could be playing Park River in the 1st Round!!
Run4Fun2009
NDPreps The King

Postby 07ndgolfer » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:55 am

Run4Fun2009 wrote:
coachthree wrote:1 vs 6
3 vs 5
2 vs 7
4 vs 8

I like the fact that Hazen could be playing Park River in the 1st Round!!

They're also playing Park River first round of state volleyball tomorrow!
07ndgolfer
NDPreps Reserve

Postby cowboysfan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:28 pm

Don"t count out Langdon in region 4, they have a new coach that took Langdon to the state championship in football after only winning 2 games last year and I'll bet a bunch of mad players that did not make it to state volleyball after being there for the past 11 years' so right now my bet is with Langdon.
cowboysfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby ndlionsfan » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:12 pm

I can't see Langdon beating Harvey or Carrington
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby NDFAN100 » Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:26 pm

All I know is that on January 9, 2010 Hazen travels to Kenmare and that is going to be one heck of a hard fought defensive game. Kenmare's speed will need to offset Hazen's size. We could possible see these two teams in the State final like VB.
NDFAN100
NDPreps Starter

Postby NDFan09 » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:41 pm

I know nobody wins or loses a title in December, but that was a pretty impressive showing by Carrington against Hazen last night. I wasn't at the game, but it must have either been a pretty impressive 3rd quarter for Carrington or nothing went right for Hazen. I'm just looking for somebody's perspective who was there. Thanks.
NDFan09
NDPreps Reserve

Postby 07ndgolfer » Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:50 pm

NDFan09 wrote:I know nobody wins or loses a title in December, but that was a pretty impressive showing by Carrington against Hazen last night. I wasn't at the game, but it must have either been a pretty impressive 3rd quarter for Carrington or nothing went right for Hazen. I'm just looking for somebody's perspective who was there. Thanks.

From what i've heard Hazen couldn't get anything going all game and that you could obviously tell it was their first game of the season. Carrington played well and you can tell they had a couple games under their belt.
07ndgolfer
NDPreps Reserve

Previous

Return to Girls