anybody know how that kid from kidder county is

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

anybody know how that kid from kidder county is

Postby ballin.in.nd » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:35 pm

anybody know how the kid from kidder county is that fell off the bleachers?
the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary- vince lombardi
ballin.in.nd
NDPreps Reserve

Re: anybody know how that kid from kidder county is

Postby Reporter » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:50 pm

This was in the Grand Forks Herald today.

Boy doing well after fall from Alerus bleachers
The Steele, N.D., boy who fell 30 to 40 feet to a concrete floor Friday night at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks is doing well, his school principal said.
The Steele, N.D., boy who fell 30 to 40 feet to a concrete floor Friday night at the Alerus Center in Grand Forks is doing well, his school principal said.
“He had surgery this morning at 2 a.m. to stop a blood clot in his brain,” Darnell Schmidt said Sunday. Schmidt is principal of the Steele-Dawson (N.D.) school where the boy, 16, is a sophomore.
“He’s doing very well and is going to have surgery tomorrow for his wrist.”
Steele-Dawson is part of the Kidder County co-op girls basketball team, which won the championship Saturday night in the state Class B tournament in Grand Forks.
The boy leaped for a T-shirt shot into the crowd and fell off the back of the bleachers about 9 p.m. Friday. He was taken to Altru Hospital in Grand Forks by ambulance.
Schmidt talked to students at the school today about the boy’s condition during a celebration of the championship and welcoming home of the team.
The boy’s parents are in Grand Forks with him, Schmidt said, and he is conscious and talking.
Altru was not releasing any information about the boy’s condition today, a nursing supervisor said.
The Herald is not publishing the boy’s name because of his age.
Steele is between Jamestown and Bismarck on Interstate 94.
Reporter
NDPreps Rookie

Postby ndlionsfan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:27 pm

I don't think anyone needs to give out the boys name on this site. There's a reason why laws are made about the press giving out names on juveniles. It's fine to give an update on his condition, but let's be careful not to cross any lines. Just keep the family's privacy in mind when posting.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby Baller » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:30 pm

"I'm going to take my ball and go home!"
Baller
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tingly » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:19 pm

Blood clots can kill a person, musta been classified to be in critical condition for awhile. Too bad he missed his school's title win, but I'm more glad he's improved.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby redinstant » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:24 pm

the kid is doing good. He had surgery to get rid of the bloodclot, he broke both wrists, femor and pelvis. He had wrist surgery today, and thats all i know.

I got this info off of caringbridges.org but since he is a minor idk if i should say his name.
redinstant
NDPreps Reserve

Postby baseball » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:31 pm

tingly wrote:Blood clots can kill a person, musta been classified to be in critical condition for awhile. Too bad he missed his school's title win, but I'm more glad he's improved.

they had a football player about 4 years ago with some blood problems in the brain too. not sure if it was a clot or continuous bleeding, but was in the hospital for about 2 weeks. docs said he was one hit away from dying if it was even someone powerful.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby chevyman11 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:32 pm

ndlionsfan wrote:I don't think anyone needs to give out the boys name on this site. There's a reason why laws are made about the press giving out names on juveniles. It's fine to give an update on his condition, but let's be careful not to cross any lines. Just keep the family's privacy in mind when posting.

redinstant wrote:the kid is doing good. He had surgery to get rid of the bloodclot, he broke both wrists, femor and pelvis. He had wrist surgery today, and thats all i know.

I got this info off of caringbridges.org but since he is a minor idk if i should say his name.

Obviously you shouldn't.
chevyman11
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:48 pm

I was at the game sitting across from where the kid was sitting when it happened. I saw the t-shirt hit the tarp and watched him jump over after it. I honestly didn't think it was possible for him to survive that drop. It's good to hear his condition is improving and hopefully he has a speedy recovery.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby redinstant » Tue Mar 10, 2009 9:48 pm

north_border_eagles2106 wrote:I was at the game sitting across from where the kid was sitting when it happened. I saw the t-shirt hit the tarp and watched him jump over after it. I honestly didn't think it was possible for him to survive that drop. It's good to hear his condition is improving and hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

He is in a regular hospital room now
redinstant
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bestinthewest » Tue Mar 10, 2009 11:32 pm

I still don't know his name and i do think it should remain private but i heard from a non-reliable source that this kid was pretty good at basketball for KC. is this true?? I have no idea i am just asking.
bestinthewest
NDPreps Starter

Postby baseball » Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:52 am

bestinthewest wrote:I still don't know his name and i do think it should remain private but i heard from a non-reliable source that this kid was pretty good at basketball for KC. is this true?? I have no idea i am just asking.

came off the bench for the JV team....decent outfielder on the baseball team though.
Pay Heed, All Who Enter: Beware of "The Phog"
baseball
NDPreps Legend

Postby ballin.in.nd » Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:53 am

i now know the kids name but i will keep it private...he had surgery the other day to remove a blood clot from his brain...he broke his toe, fibula, pelvis, both wrists, and fractured his skull..he has had his neck brace removed
the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary- vince lombardi
ballin.in.nd
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:31 pm

bigpoppakdog

Return to Girls