Question

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Question

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:48 pm

I don't want to open a can of beans here and i dont follow class b girls basketball much except for tournaments but i was wondering why Bobbi Grann transfered to NRHS instead of playing for minnewaken? Wouldnt minnewauken and New Rockford be big rivals and hate each other?

thanks for your ansers
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Re: Question

Postby AAAsportsfan » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:07 pm

She lives at Sheyenne--
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby gfhockey » Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:08 pm

OH ok thanks. I just didnt know what the whole deal was and just was curious. WE have a big problem of kids transfering in grand forks for hockey and being recruited by other teams.
gfhockey
NDPreps All-State

Postby bigpoppakdog » Thu Mar 05, 2009 10:38 pm

Class B now days is about a business. Too bad, wrecked class b. It happened years ago also, Dodge/golden valley/zap kid transferred to beulah in the 80's. Hebron kid(and brothers) transferred to glen ullin in the 90's, but not at the pace it is happening now. Look at linton boy's. 3 players who parents are educators at a school several hundred miles away, yet reside in Linton? I blame the parents, not the kids. Although sometimes you just can't stand the way a coach treats you and you are better off playing someplace else. But most of the time, I think, it's due to wanting to get to the big show and where is the best place that a guy can do that.
bigpoppakdog

Postby AAAsportsfan » Fri Mar 06, 2009 3:46 pm

I agree--and WHY aren't other schools protesting? Have you read up on the NDHSAA website regarding transfers, etc.? It is "supposedly" not an easy thing to do. Don't the other schools ever protest?
AAAsportsfan
NDPreps Reserve

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:15 pm

well it really isn't that hard to do. As long as you reside in the district it's all good. Not too difficult to rent a place while actually living somewhere else. You use to hear the complaints with this issue dealing with the rez schools, but now it's not even really a thought anymore because its going on all over.
bigpoppakdog

Postby BearDogs0911 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:06 am

Doesnt she live on a farm? Then the school districts got realigned and she ended up living in Sheyenne's district?
BearDogs0911
NDPreps Reserve

Postby rumbles » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:47 am

its as simple as this, she didnt think her team she played with her entire high school career had a very good chance at going to state her senior year so she changed schools to NR just because she wanted a better chance of going to state. its kinda pathetic to me but i guess if you want it that bad rather then working hard with the team you have always played for you just go to the school that had the better chance of making it. thank god they lost to a much better kidder co team agian.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan10 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:04 pm

rumbles wrote:its as simple as this, she didnt think her team she played with her entire high school career had a very good chance at going to state her senior year so she changed schools to NR just because she wanted a better chance of going to state. its kinda pathetic to me but i guess if you want it that bad rather then working hard with the team you have always played for you just go to the school that had the better chance of making it. thank god they lost to a much better kidder co team agian.

well, i respect your opinion, but its wrong.

she went to NRS because the rest of her family was already there pretty much. brother and sister went to school there last year, and i think the mom has a job there, so she decided to move just cause it would be a lot easier. also, she had a lot of friends from new rockford who have wanted her to come to NRS for 3-4 years now.
don't think it was just about basketball. and because you're saying that, it is an insult to her character and is really not cool.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby rumbles » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:19 pm

sportsfan10 wrote:
rumbles wrote:its as simple as this, she didnt think her team she played with her entire high school career had a very good chance at going to state her senior year so she changed schools to NR just because she wanted a better chance of going to state. its kinda pathetic to me but i guess if you want it that bad rather then working hard with the team you have always played for you just go to the school that had the better chance of making it. thank god they lost to a much better kidder co team agian.

she went to NRS because the rest of her family was already there pretty much. brother and sister went to school there last year, and i think the mom has a job there, so she decided to move just cause it would be a lot easier. also, she had a lot of friends from new rockford who have wanted her to come to NRS for 3-4 years now.
don't think it was just about basketball. and because you're saying that, it is an insult to her character and is really not cool.

well im sorry for making it sound like i was insulting her but it sure doesnt seem that way at all. she went to M-L her whole career and then moves when for her senior year when their team doesnt look like the favorite for the region. it just doesnt seem right. you seem to know more about it however so i will be opened minded to what you said but with the way the M-L fans treated her at that game in regionals sure doesnt seem that they buy it either.
rumbles
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby sportsfan10 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 2:36 pm

rumbles wrote:
sportsfan10 wrote:

well im sorry for making it sound like i was insulting her but it sure doesnt seem that way at all. she went to M-L her whole career and then moves when for her senior year when their team doesnt look like the favorite for the region. it just doesnt seem right. you seem to know more about it however so i will be opened minded to what you said but with the way the M-L fans treated her at that game in regionals sure doesnt seem that they buy it either.

well thanks for apologizing. at least you're not a stubborn guy who isn't open to other opinions. and i can see where you're coming from, and that's probably how the M-L fans feel, too.
sportsfan10
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby nativegolfer » Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:44 pm

AAAsportsfan wrote:She lives at Sheyenne--

I have a question about the NR-S coop. Doesn't both towns have to have a HS for that town to be included in the name? Sheyenne no longer has a HS, I beleive they haven't had one for about 2-3 years.
nativegolfer
NDPreps All-State

Postby ndlionsfan » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:53 am

The New Rockford school is now called New Rockford-Sheyenne. It's not a sports co-op. That was part of the deal to get Sheyenne to consolidate with NR and all the land in their district to become part of the NRS school district. Bobbi lives in the former Sheyenne school district, which is now NRS. She didn't "transfer" like most people think of transferring as open enrolling into a different school district. Technically, she was open-enrolled in the Mwkn school and just went back to her home school district which is why she didnt' have to sit out at all.
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Return to Girls