What a great run. Congrats Bottineau!

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

What a great run. Congrats Bottineau!

Postby mplsfan » Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:13 pm

I know the sentiment for many here is "thank god there will be a new state champ this year, farewell Bottineau". I guess I can understand that to a point, but I don't think it's out of line to recognize and congratulate Bottineau on a great 6 year run. What they have accomplished has been replicated by very few if any other programs in the state. 2004-7th in state, 2005-ranked #1 all year, lost in region championship,finished 24-1, 2006-State Champs, 28-0, 2007-State Champs, 26-2, 2008-State Champs,28-0, 2009-ranked #1 all year, 22-2. 128-5 over 5 seasons. WOW!!! Congratulations Mike Forsberg and the Bottineau Stars. No doubt Bottineau will be competitive next year but I certainly don't see them as being the dominant force they have been. Thanks for the fun.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Re: What a great run. Congrats Bottineau!

Postby rocketsphotoguy » Sun Mar 01, 2009 8:44 pm

I will not deny that I was one of the haters on Bottineau, and will admit that I did a quiet fist pump in the car when I learned that they would not be back to go for the fourth straight state title. That was the selfish Rockets fan in me talking, but what I've learned over this past season of watching a good NR-S team ascend to that next level (for the first time in school history in ANY girls' sport) is that it puts what the Stars have accomplished in its proper and rightful perspective. I feel lucky to have witnessed my team make it to the pinnacle of girls' class B basketball competition ONCE. I can only imagine what it is like for Bottineau basketball fans to see that level of greatness on a yearly basis, and congratulate coach Forsberg and his players on a standard of success that may never be matched again at this level.
"It takes a big man to cry, but it takes an even bigger man to laugh at that man." - Jack Handey
rocketsphotoguy
NDPreps Starter

Postby radioman » Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:20 pm

I think the tremendous success that Bottineau has had the past few years has been very good for girls bb in North Dakota. It has drawn alot of peoples attention to the sport that might not have paid attention before. I also think that Bottineau not being in the state tournament this year is a good thing for girls bb. People across the state are excited to see who will rise to the top this year and replace the Stars. Congratulations to Coach Forsberg and Bottineau on a unprecedented run!!!
radioman
NDPreps Starter

Postby jtdc492 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:22 am

I know the Roemmich boys transfer out of Botno into Linton was and is a hot topic on the boys side. What doesn't get much talk is the fact that Botno had a few girls transfer in from surrounding towns that had their own programs. Anyone care to comment?
jtdc492
NDPreps All-State

Postby bbb » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:25 pm

Geez give it a rest! That topic has been thoroughly gone over here for the last 2 years!!
bbb
NDPreps Reserve

Postby mplsfan » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:47 pm

bbb wrote:Geez give it a rest! That topic has been thoroughly gone over here for the last 2 years!!

THANK YOU!!! Baked and eaten, dishes done. Move on.
mplsfan
NDPreps Starter

Postby ballin.in.nd » Mon Mar 09, 2009 1:25 pm

congrats to kenmare on beating botno twice!!!!!!!!!!!shows they are just as beatable as everyone else.....since they didnt win the championship they might make a recruiting trip to get some more outstanding ball players into town
the only place success comes before work is in the dictionary- vince lombardi
ballin.in.nd
NDPreps Reserve

Return to Girls