2009 State Girls B Basketball

Class B Girls
Forum rules
Please do not post just to complain about players, coaches, teams, officials, fans, or anyone else. Lets all try to demonstrate the spirit of good sportsmanship. Posts may be edited or deleted that do not comply.

Re: 2009 State Girls B Basketball

Postby bigpoppakdog » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:16 pm

this has to do with 2009 state girls bb?
bigpoppakdog

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:18 pm

baseball wrote:There has to be lines somewhere though. if you do it just to prepare them for college, then youll have to put it in for jr high to get them ready for high school. and then elementary ball to get them ready for jr high. how many players are there in class B? how many are going to play college ball? maybe 8-10 wll play at some level. maybe its just me but i would much rather see a rule that says a team cant play a half court zone defense before a shot clock. adapt some form of illegal defense rule like the NBA.

No you don't need to put it in for Junior High or Elementary, let's get serious here. Why would class b in north dakota ever adopt a rule that is similar to that of the NBA? How many players from Class B in North Dakota have EVER played in the NBA? I just don't understand why everyone is against it so hard. It seems like all the people against it think it's bad for the game. Every other level of even high school baseketball that is higher than the B level has a shot clock and nobody complains about it there. It would make games so much more fun to watch cause you have to use much more strategy rather than the only strategy of sit on the ball and make them foul us or we get the last shot.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby north_border_eagles2106 » Wed Mar 11, 2009 3:20 pm

bigpoppakdog wrote:this has to do with 2009 state girls bb?

Well it started out because we were talking how the end of the championship would've changed with a shot clock and now everyone but me, is saying why we don't need one.
That's a lovely fur you're wearing. Perhaps I could find you some slippers made from the skins of innocent and defenseless baby seals!
north_border_eagles2106
NDPreps Hall of Fame

Postby tingly » Wed Mar 11, 2009 4:22 pm

There's more talent in Class A which lets the shot clock better serves its purpose. As long as it means the worst Class B teams would hardly get a shot off, shot clocks would be more detrimental than helpful. If there's a sudden rash of 4-2 games, the balance might swing the shot clock's way.
tingly
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby Hoot12 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:45 am

I was at a tournment in Grafton this year when FLPR was playing and the shot clock was being used. The clock had little if any effect on a fast tempo playing team as FLPR is (good or bad) but it did have an impact on those team that walked the ball up the court and setup up a specific play everytime.

I think that you get more individual creativity and less of an impact from the coaching when there is a shot clock. On the other hand I think you get more of a disciplined game and coach driven styple with out a shot clock.

Regardless if you have a shot clock or not the teams and coaching styles will adjust. Personally I would like to see a shot clock.
Hoot12
NDPreps Reserve

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:39 pm

Hoot12 wrote:I was at a tournment in Grafton this year when FLPR was playing and the shot clock was being used. The clock had little if any effect on a fast tempo playing team(debatable) as FLPR is (good or bad) but it did have an impact on those team that walked the ball up the court did you see NDSU/Oakland? NOT ONCE did the Oakland guard run up the floor with the ball, he walked so slow he almost fell over a couple times, and I think they were using a shot clock!? and setup up a specific play everytime.

I think that you get more individual (Individuality ? - this is a TEAM sport...)creativity and less of an impact from the coaching when there is a shot clock So save the big $ spent on coaches, then you can afford a shot clock !. On the other hand I think you get more of a disciplined game keyword - this is a GAME. If its just a contest to see how many shots you can make in a certain amount of time, line up players in a circle and shoot until the clock runs out. You now have a winner, but you never played a GAME.and coach driven styple with out a shot clock.

Regardless if you have a shot clock or not the teams and coaching styles will adjust. ADJUST - yeah, adjust the competition right out of the game. Personally I would like to see a shot clock.
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby ndlionsfan » Fri Mar 13, 2009 12:50 pm

So are you for or against the shot clock HometownHigh? Some of your comments seem like you favor it, but others seem like you don't. I honestly don't think a shot clock would change anything in class b basketball. The only time it will come into play is at the end of a quarter, half, or game when the leading team is forced to take a shot. Other than that people will not even know its there.

However, I am against having a shot clock in class b. It is not because it will change the game or because the game needs changing and its not because of costs to the smaller schools. It's the fact that you need to find someone with the knowledge and willingness to run it. In these smaller class b schools (basically all of them that would be in the lower class of a 3 class plan) have enough trouble finding someone to run the clock at the home games, which is much easier than running a shot clock as far as knowledge goes. Trust me, I have been in the position of having to find a clock keeper for 15-20 games in a year (30-40 if you count JV) and that is a tough task in intself. I can't imagine having to find 2 for each game!
"There is only one thing in which a person can start at the top - digging a hole"
ndlionsfan
NDPreps Legend

Postby HometownHigh » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:22 pm

Against.
With a shot clock, we may as well "roll up the streets, turn off the one stoplight, and move to the big city (LOL) and play Class A basketball".
Where its a different game, altogether. With different heads/hearts/fans/players
HometownHigh
NDPreps Starter

Postby luvmy3gbb1wr » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:16 pm

HometownHigh wrote:Against.
With a shot clock, we may as well "roll up the streets, turn off the one stoplight, and move to the big city (LOL) and play Class A basketball".
Where its a different game, altogether. With different heads/hearts/fans/players

amen
luvmy3gbb1wr
NDPreps All-Conference

Postby bigpoppakdog » Fri Mar 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Actually, that's probably the best statement I've heard. Class B is different, keep it different. We are starting to see the big city schools coming back down to an even level, so maybe Class B still has a chance to get back to its roots.
bigpoppakdog

Postby Flip » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:35 pm

Why was FLPR the Flyers back in the day and when did they switch to PRFL Aggies?
Flip
NDPreps Legend

Previous

Return to Girls